User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

My mother and stepdad are ESTJs. We don't really get along but we don't not get along either. We're just kinda "there" in each other's presence. With other ESTJs I find it extremely difficult to stomach being around them without wanting to tackle them down and start wringing their necks. At least to me, ESTJs are very irritating to deal with and often press all the right buttons to piss me off in social situations. I think they can be very nice...I just prefer to be around other types, usually.
    I am known for being brutally honest...brace yourself.

INFJ 4w5

MBTI
    INTP

I didn't want my first post to be a rant about a certain type, but my life just happens to demand it right now:

I hate ESTJs. I can't even appreciate their hard-working side everyone else is mentioning because I don't see it much. I catch so much shit from their overbearing, stupid, neanderthal, tunnel vision, authoritarian, hypocritical nature.

The ones I have known haven't even been that hard-working, they do the bare minimum(but do it oh-so correctly which gives them that smug sense of superiority), then expect everyone else to go the extra mile( as far as hours and effort)and be even
    more detailed while doing it.
    Right now I have my 2nd in a row ESTJ boss, and once again, I have to look for another job(please God not another ESTJ manager) before I just rip off his head and shit down his neck. They can turn your world into a living hell(unneccesarily) and you can't complain because they don't break any of the official rules while doing it. They are fucking amoral to the core but pride themselves in not going outside the LETTER of the law.
    They work themselves into positions of authority and then suddenly kick back and give themselves a fucking free ride and feed off the respect from higher-ups and naive people in other departments.
    Apart from bosses, the other ones I have known were some of my teachers, at least I only had to suffer their shit for 45 minutes during one period a day in high school, I could even learn a useful thing or two(grammar points and such) from them before being driven completely bonkers.

Anyone ever been just completely almost sent to the nuthouse by these people? More than once?

I wish I knew some halfway reasonable, mature ones like a lot of you guys seem to.
    And, I don't have any in my family or non-work social circle. Fuck 'em
    I just got a good ass-raping this past week and now some slaps on the back for appearing to keep a stiff upper lip. Grrrrrr.

Anyways, Hi.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Baltar View Post
    I didn't want my first post to be a rant about a certain type, but my life just happens to demand it right now:

I hate ESTJs. I can't even appreciate their hard-working side everyone else is mentioning because I don't see it much. I catch so much shit from their overbearing, stupid, neanderthal, tunnel vision, authoritarian, hypocritical nature.

The ones I have known haven't even been that hard-working, they do the bare minimum(but do it oh-so correctly which gives them that smug sense of superiority), then expect everyone else to go the extra mile( as far as hours and effort)and be even
    more detailed while doing it.
    Right now I have my 2nd in a row ESTJ boss, and once again, I have to look for another job(please God not another ESTJ manager) before I just rip off his head and shit down his neck. They can turn your world into a living hell(unneccesarily) and you can't complain because they don't break any of the official rules while doing it. They are fucking amoral to the core but pride themselves in not going outside the LETTER of the law.
    They work themselves into positions of authority and then suddenly kick back and give themselves a fucking free ride and feed off the respect from higher-ups and naive people in other departments.
    Apart from bosses, the other ones I have known were some of my teachers, at least I only had to suffer their shit for 45 minutes during one period a day in high school, I could even learn a useful thing or two(grammar points and such) from them before being driven completely bonkers.

Anyone ever been just completely almost sent to the nuthouse by these people? More than once?

I wish I knew some halfway reasonable, mature ones like a lot of you guys seem to.
    And, I don't have any in my family or non-work social circle. Fuck 'em
    I just got a good ass-raping this past week and now some slaps on the back for appearing to keep a stiff upper lip. Grrrrrr.

Anyways, Hi.
    Hi!

Looking forward to your many future posts! If high blood pressure don't kill ya off...

Don't get too

Have a

Take a

Edit: "sorta kinda east" - yeah, an accidental occidental oriental
    Edit 2: Agree - you wouldn't want a stressed ESTP as a boss. Come to think of it, you wouldn't want an unstressed one either.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Best post all day.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Best post all day.
    Yes.

In answer to the OP, I quite like chatting with ESTJs and one of my friends is ESTJ. Working with them, though, tends to drive me batty. The domineering/not listening thing is draining.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INFJ

Well, I am always in favor of a strong thinking woman, but ESTJ guys I encounter are cool too. One of my closer friends that is an ESTJ has an amazingly dry sense of humor very similar to Stewie from family guy, lol. He always manages to tell very offensive jokes over those conversational "taboo" topics (especially at a Catholic University), which I find hilarious. However, others are not so entertained by them.

But yeah. They have my approval, .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INTP

i haven't really known any estjs until recently. she's been pretty interesting to say the least, i think in large part because of the gender. she talks and acts as vulgar as one of the guys but definitely has that "mother mode" that would switch on around us.

i wasn't sure about the S or N part until some matters of authority came into question, on whether she would act soley based on a good idea she had or not. her reply was something like "i don't have any authority to act on this good idea, etc." where all the SPs and myself where replying to that with, "who needs authority? just do it!"

but yeah, estjs are pretty blunt which i guess can take some time to get used to. if theyre of the female persuasion it can be even more fun/interesting imo.

still want to meet an entj in person... maybe someday.

MBTI
    INTP

Default whoa

Quote Originally Posted by miked277 View Post
    i haven't really known any estjs until recently. she's been pretty interesting to say the least, i think in large part because of the gender. she talks and acts as vulgar as one of the guys but definitely has that "mother mode" that would switch on around us.

i wasn't sure about the S or N part until some matters of authority came into question, on whether she would act soley based on a good idea she had or not. her reply was something like "i don't have any authority to act on this good idea, etc." where all the SPs and myself where replying to that with, "who needs authority? just do it!"

but yeah, estjs are pretty blunt which i guess can take some time to get used to. if theyre of the female persuasion it can be even more fun/interesting imo.

still want to meet an entj in person... maybe someday.

Dude, this is really scary. The ESTJ i was ranting about is a Mike D.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w
    Socionics
    EII

They are fucking amoral to the core but pride themselves in not going outside the LETTER of the law.
    Hi.

I'm generally a constructive person, but that's exactly my experience as well with ESTJ types. I hate them. It's like they lack all sense of morality when it comes to their self-image. & yet they are extremely judgemental of others, not to mention bossy. the ones I've known to be ESTJs for sure were all males though. They have a holier than thou vibe & I find them to be very intimidating.

Come to think about it : I may have at least one female estj colleague & she tries to be nice to me (eventhough she's just as demanding as the other ESTJs I know). It's still pretty hard to find common ground in communication with her. The only thing we seem to have in common is the total lack of understanding of one another.

oh yeah, they're superficial too..

MBTI
    INTP

Pretty sure my brother is an ESTJ. We're civil with each other but we have basically nothing in common, and he's more annoying that not most times.

He's got the typical salesman's shit-eating grin when meeting new people, lots of BS, lots of talking. Comes of as really fake. He's the type of guy who will ask you a question and then not listen to your answer.

Does things simply because "that's the way you do things". No interest in questioning it, no analysis of why it's being done. No imagination. That mindset is completely alien to me. If I don't understand why a rule was made, I'm not going to follow it. I question everything, he questions nothing.

He's a control freak with his daughter. He doesn't explain why he tells her to do things, just tells her "because I said so." There's no education behind it.

I'd hate to work for him, that's for sure.