• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFJ] ESFJ Foreign Exchange Student

G

Ginkgo

I am hosting a foreign exchange student from Turkey who scored as an esFJ on the MBTI test.

He is very considerate and helpful. In fact, the first night he stayed with me, he assembled an exercise machine that I had lying around. He also takes it upon himself to do chores that he really doesn't need to. As an INFP, I naturally interpret this behavior as "he wants to honor me" or "he thinks it would be more effective if he did the chores himself.

However, there are a couple of things that really bother me about him. For instance, he thinks that he can prove his point by redundantly repeating it. For instance, he told me "Xbox 360 sucks and PS3 is better". My Ne made me say "Why? What is so superior about it?" To which he replied "It just sucks. The graphics suck and the internet browser sucks."

It just irks me when someone can't prove their point.

Furthermore, he thinks he has to finish everything he starts. A good example of this would be that he started watching Pokemon, and now he feels that he must watch the entire fucking season on Youtube. I just don't understand. :doh:

For some reason, he finds it amusing to scare the crap out of my 10 year old cocker spaniel. I told him not to because the dog's old and I don't want to treat him poorly before he dies. However, he still persists on doing it like a little child.

He also calls people names and has a crude sense of humor.

But aside from that, he's a nice guy...

/end rant

Any suggestions? Comments?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
What is your complaint? Do you tolerate people different from yourself well?

G

Ginkgo

What is your complaint? Do you tolerate people different from yourself well?

I'm merely expressing myself. Furthermore, I was hoping to gain more understanding of how to behave with an ESFJ.

If I couldn't tolerate him, he wouldn't be living with me. ;)

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
What do you want suggestions for? He is just different. The only thing that seems like an issue that you should try to work out is the one where he is annoying your dog. How did he respond when you talked to him about that?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
As an INFP, I naturally interpret this behavior as "he wants to honor me" or "he thinks it would be more effective if he did the chores himself.

Comments?

Lmao .. He wants to honour me .. ????

He is a guest in your house. As an act of courtesy, he is cleaning up. Do you not do this in other peoples houses?

Yes, treating the dog so poorly is unkind. Speak up about it. That is uncalled for.