User Tag List

123 Last

your resident asshole

Default SJ's and organization

So organization is supposedly what SJ's are known for and what we're supposedly best at. Well I'm not that great at it and I don't really like to do it. Tips? Are YOU an organized SJ? It seems like some SJ's I know are more focused on minor details than organizing everything. Like OCD I guess. I don't really know what I was going for here...

Discuss?

MBTI
    ESFJ

.. What do you mean you don't like to do it?

It just makes sense to get things organised.

For example - If your clothes are out and ready the night before, should you wake up late, you won't be rushing around. If your bag is ready and packed, you can walk straight out the door.

I think of it as time efficiency. I don't like wasting time messing around looking for my keys, my paperwork etc.

I have an appointment somewhere tomorrow morning and everything is ready on my table. I am a good girl

Although, i am learning not to organise my kids stuff so much these days as they have to learn this themselves. No point me doing everything for them only for them to not have a clue when they go into the big wide world alone.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Oh, I'm not always organized. There is not enough time to organize everything anyway because I like to do other things as well.

I think there's a happy medium for this. If you are too organized, you won't have time to do anything else besides keep organized. If you're not organized enough, you waste time/money/energy and may miss good opportunities.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I think there's a happy medium for this. If you are too organized, you won't have time to do anything else besides keep organized. If you're not organized enough, you waste time/money/energy and may miss good opportunities.
    Heh. That's very true. I like your way of thinking about it.

I suppose I do organize things a little bit, but only minor details. I don't organize the whole picture, if that even makes sense. But I suppose that has to do with being an SJ, doesn't it?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Heh. That's very true. I like your way of thinking about it.

I suppose I do organize things a little bit, but only minor details. I don't organize the whole picture, if that even makes sense. But I suppose that has to do with being an SJ, doesn't it?
    Yep. They say Ss get caught up in the details. The details are sometimes just so distracting... like glow sticks!

your resident asshole

Did someone say... GLOW STICKS?

Weeeee!

I think I'm derailing my own topic. :/

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

*Stares at the glowsticks* I wonder how they make those.

MBTI
    ISTP

You may be underestimating yourself. You may think that your lifestyle is somewhat disorganized, but when you have to live with or spend a lot of time with a P, you'll realize how organized you truly are. Not to say that Ps are always total slobs, but I think there's generally a noticeable difference.

MBTI
    I

I'm organized for the most part, but not super-organized. There are times when I won't be that organized, but I'm definitely good at it, and if it's necessary, then I will excel at it.

MBTI
    ENFP

Organization is definitely the thing I respect most about SJ's. They are all organized in one way or another. I'm organized with some things- My house is clean, my bills are paid, etc. But I FORCE myself to do these things, whereas it seems to come more naturally to an SJ (even if it doesn't seem like it to them) because it brings, not so much happiness, but definitely security. Like when Saslou mentioned having clothes ready the night before and keys on the table, it probably allows her to go to sleep in peace without having to worry.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger