User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Clonester View Post
    Organization is definitely the thing I respect most about SJ's. They are all organized in one way or another. I'm organized with some things- My house is clean, my bills are paid, etc. But I FORCE myself to do these things, whereas it seems to come more naturally to an SJ (even if it doesn't seem like it to them) because it brings, not so much happiness, but definitely security. Like when Saslou mentioned having clothes ready the night before and keys on the table, it probably allows her to go to sleep in peace without having to worry.

Lol .. No, i can worry about something else instead
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    So organization is supposedly what SJ's are known for and what we're supposedly best at. Well I'm not that great at it and I don't really like to do it. Tips? Are YOU an organized SJ? It seems like some SJ's I know are more focused on minor details than organizing everything. Like OCD I guess. I don't really know what I was going for here...

Discuss?
    I'm...loosely organized. I keep lists and whatnot. I just forget about them soon after making them.

Unless I'm passionately engaged in whatever the hell it is I'm doing, details slip by me.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Oh, organization...

I have OCPD, which is similar to OCD except instead of being a mental disorder, it's a personality disorder. Also I don't have a thing with numbers. Just with organization and cleanliness. Like, you have to wash your hands before I'll let you touch my game controller because I don't know what you've touched and if you don't do it I'm going to have a meltdown.

I've heard the difference between OCD and OCPD be explained as this: OCD, being a mental disorder, finds having OCD frustrating and stressful and wants to seek help to stop experiencing symptoms. OCPD, being a personality disorder, sees itself as an ingrained core part of one's personality and very being, and rejects the idea of "curing" OCPD, because the person with OCPD does not see it as a problem (and may even see it as a benefit).

I do see it as a benefit. Anyone who complains about my OCPD with my possessions and hygiene and things says it gets in the way of having fun, but honestly all I hear is "stop being so organized" which makes no sense because why would someone choose to stop being organized if they're organized? Organized is a good thing. Why would I want to stop being good. It's like telling me to start being a slightly shittier version of myself.

Like who cares if I want you to wash your hands before we play monopoly and you all touch my game pieces. I just don't want dog fur and germs and general yuckiness getting all over my stuff and I can't sleep at night knowing that there's something disgusting that hasn't been cleaned. I wash my hands immediately after petting any of my dogs and if anyone tries to touch me (or anything else) after petting an animal without washing their hands first it stresses me out.

I will admit I have annoyed people because of it. They get pissy with me sometimes but I honestly don't understand why. I honestly don't think it's too much to ask everyone to wash their hands before touching me or my stuff. I don't think it "gets in the way" or anything or is a "waste of time."

But um yeah, I guess you could say I'm very obsessed with organization and cleanliness and hygiene.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    SEI Si

I posted similar questions about this in a few posts and I have been told repeatedly that the descriptions suck, I think you have to look at your cognitive functions, the why of why you do things. I also read Dick Bolles opinion on this (What color is your parachute) and he referred to them as families. Like ISTJ is a family and you can be different from the rest of your family. Some folks here think I could be an ISFJ, but I have never been organized. Actully basic organization/housework is pretty low on the totem pole for me in terms of priorities. I am much more focused on money, what they heck I am going to with my life and getting my financial house in order. I also heard that there is some research to report that messy kids have higher IQs. Again all this is what others have told me. If you want motivation to clean/organize, think of it as therapy. Cleaning/organizing can be very therapeutic and after you are done, you can see a tangible result of your work which is always satisfying and reward yourself afterwards, have a cookie.

MBTI
    STP

Most. I know are good at it, now does it mean they actually do it? Nope
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by 21lux View Post
    Oh, organization...

I have OCPD, which is similar to OCD except instead of being a mental disorder, it's a personality disorder. Also I don't have a thing with numbers. Just with organization and cleanliness. Like, you have to wash your hands before I'll let you touch my game controller because I don't know what you've touched and if you don't do it I'm going to have a meltdown.

I've heard the difference between OCD and OCPD be explained as this: OCD, being a mental disorder, finds having OCD frustrating and stressful and wants to seek help to stop experiencing symptoms. OCPD, being a personality disorder, sees itself as an ingrained core part of one's personality and very being, and rejects the idea of "curing" OCPD, because the person with OCPD does not see it as a problem (and may even see it as a benefit).

I do see it as a benefit. Anyone who complains about my OCPD with my possessions and hygiene and things says it gets in the way of having fun, but honestly all I hear is "stop being so organized" which makes no sense because why would someone choose to stop being organized if they're organized? Organized is a good thing. Why would I want to stop being good. It's like telling me to start being a slightly shittier version of myself.

Like who cares if I want you to wash your hands before we play monopoly and you all touch my game pieces. I just don't want dog fur and germs and general yuckiness getting all over my stuff and I can't sleep at night knowing that there's something disgusting that hasn't been cleaned. I wash my hands immediately after petting any of my dogs and if anyone tries to touch me (or anything else) after petting an animal without washing their hands first it stresses me out.

I will admit I have annoyed people because of it. They get pissy with me sometimes but I honestly don't understand why. I honestly don't think it's too much to ask everyone to wash their hands before touching me or my stuff. I don't think it "gets in the way" or anything or is a "waste of time."

But um yeah, I guess you could say I'm very obsessed with organization and cleanliness and hygiene.
    If I spill salt on the floor do you have to count each grain or is that only fairies?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    If I spill salt on the floor do you have to count each grain or is that only fairies?
    I don't know, I just pull out the vacuum.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I'm very organized. I'm not always neat and tidy, but I'm always organized. Even if my space is messy, I still know where everything is, and everything is located somewhere easy for me to access. Somewhere time-efficient and space-efficient.

Not sure if I have advice on the organization front, because that comes so naturally and instinctively for me. I'm too opposed to chaos, to allow it to enter my space -- and I'm to opposed, on principle, to things going in stupid places, to allow them to go in stupid places.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

I'm organized most of the time, but there's some weird cycle I go through where I alternate between organized and disorganized. Like I'm always disrupting my own routines and then establishing new ones.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

how do decide what to throw away? and what to keep? are you hoarders?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee