• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Differences between ISFJ and ISTJ?

Slickness

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Without reading the thread at all, I would say it's simple:
One's thinking.
One's feeling.
XD

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Without reading the thread at all, I would say it's simple:
One's thinking.
One's feeling.
XD

Not to be pessimistic, but it isn't as cut and dried as that. My thinking side is pretty developed for an ISFJ and I think that ISTJs can all be different and some can be more in touch with their feeling side.

But in essence, you have pinned down a major component of it.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Not to be pessimistic, but it isn't as cut and dried as that. My thinking side is pretty developed for an ISFJ and I think that ISTJs can all be different and some can be more in touch with their feeling side.

But in essence, you have pinned down a major component of it.

Might be pretty developed but won't be as natural or automatic as the counterpart. Plus your Thinking might just be through Ti as my Feeling is through Fi. I can maintain conversations with a Ti user easily, but the difference between Te and Ti is quite significant. One focuses on how things around you work as a continually changing ruleset while the other focuses on placing logical structure as a means for accomplishment.

It's the same with Fi and Fe. My Fi gives me a much deeper understanding of my own personal feelings, but it gives me a way of understanding people around me through empathy. I'm not trying to shortchange Fe, as it promotes relationships and compassion. I can try to use my perceptions of Fe to imitate it, but it'll be a very long time before I actually understand the criteria it uses for decision making. Logical structure from Te combined with my personal attachments from Fi does not imitate Fe by far.

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Might be pretty developed but won't be as natural or automatic as the counterpart. Plus your Thinking might just be through Ti as my Feeling is through Fi. I can maintain conversations with a Ti user easily, but the difference between Te and Ti is quite significant. One focuses on how things around you work as a continually changing ruleset while the other focuses on placing logical structure as a means for accomplishment.

It's the same with Fi and Fe. My Fi gives me a much deeper understanding of my own personal feelings, but it gives me a way of understanding people around me through empathy. I'm not trying to shortchange Fe, as it promotes relationships and compassion. I can try to use my perceptions of Fe to imitate it, but it'll be a very long time before I actually understand the criteria it uses for decision making. Logical structure from Te combined with my personal attachments from Fi does not imitate Fe by far.

Ditto!