User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ

^Yup, sounds like me to a T. However... it really depends on who the attention is coming from. I certainly do not like to be the "center of attention" of a group, but if it is a special someone... I can make an exception.

We are also pretty rigid, I don't mean in a bad way though.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Hmm. I think there's major differences between the two types. One of my best friends in the world is an ISFJ, and we come off as very similar to the people around us. Her boyfriend even declared "she's just like you," and just like that we burst into a fit of giggles because it's not true. At all. But it's interesting, because her boyfriend (one letter off her as ISTJ) and I would never be so confused.

An ISFJ is concerned with keeping those around them happy, comfortable, and out of conflict. But they're also concerned with keeping things in order, and can be quite stubborn! ISTJs share that SJ stubborness, but sometimes they're less into keeping the mood light and more into...well, I have yet to be able to fully describe what ISTJs are into. However I blame that on our constant miscommunication. But ISTJs seem to have this huge deal about being "hard-working" and "able to provide." Lord knows the ones I've met go on and on about that.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

one gives a shit and the other doesn't? lol

MBTI
    LoLz

I want to reply to that Lambchops, but my math class just drained all of my energy completely. I need some time to recharge. I'll read over that later. I already know a lot about ISFJs. Right now I'm just trying to understand where people with Fe are coming from rather than disregarding them as just disregarding me.

Sighface. Computer lab part of my math class is so exhausting. We go over to the computers in the class to work on an assignment, and it's like, 2 minutes later, I'm completely drained, yet I can sit at home in front of my laptop for HOURS. It's like a VERY extraverted version of a computer lab. ><

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchop View Post
    There is no "problem." I just want to understand the differences...or understand ISTJs better.
    I have two very important men in my life. One, my father, is an ISTJ, and my fiance is an ISFJ.

When I first met my fiance I thought "Wow. They're exactly alike." But after getting to know him I realize how different they are. Very similar, but not the same. This probably explains why him and my father get along so well.

For instance, Dad isn't very good at giving any emotional support. As in he flat out doesn't know what to do. Also, Dad's a very rigid and serious person. He doesn't really know how to let loose and have fun. He's also pretty good at covering up his emotions. He almost never cries, and when he does it's a little scary and for a very good reason. At work he's a bit of a hard ass, and has made a couple of his female employees cry before. But he's also able to remain pretty calm in bad situations...sort of. He might yell a lot but he never really loses his head.

My fiance is much better at giving emotional support. He's genuinely concerned about how the people he cares about are feeling. And he often jokes and isn't serious much. I'm not sure if this is typical of ISFJ's though. He jokes a lot especially when he's nervous or when he's trying to console someone. He's not good at covering up his emotions. He doesn't often say why he's feeling a certain way, but it's easy to see when he's upset. He doesn't cry a lot, but still more than my father does, especially when he's very happy (i.e. when his niece was born.) He tends to lose his head when things go wrong. He begins to get nervous and sometimes panics. And though he can make objective decisions, he sometimes has a hard time doing it. I can just tell that his thought process is rather subjective.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFJ

Is that YOUR picture, Subject A? I always love it when I see it...it's very pretty and unique.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj

I hope that isn't *your* picture, Lambchop. I'd have to put you in my list of strange looking anime-like people.

Always remember to flank your enemies. History won't remember how dramatic your failed frontal assault looked. - Dragon Age: Origins

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Is that YOUR picture, Subject A? I always love it when I see it...it's very pretty and unique.
    Nah. I wish I had the clothes though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I'm sure Giggly and some other ISFJs could say how well this relates to them...but I can relate to it a lot.

I judge a lot of things in life based on how I FEEL about them. That's just who I am. I don't always REACT based on how I feel, but when something comes up, the first thing I ask myself is "How do I feel about this?" I am also interested in how other people feel. I now understand the saying "That's just how I am" more than ever.
    Yeah, I naturally filter everything through my feelings first too.

Quote Originally Posted by SubjectA View Post
    My fiance is much better at giving emotional support. He's genuinely concerned about how the people he cares about are feeling. And he often jokes and isn't serious much. I'm not sure if this is typical of ISFJ's though. He jokes a lot especially when he's nervous or when he's trying to console someone. He's not good at covering up his emotions. He doesn't often say why he's feeling a certain way, but it's easy to see when he's upset. He doesn't cry a lot, but still more than my father does, especially when he's very happy (i.e. when his niece was born.) He tends to lose his head when things go wrong. He begins to get nervous and sometimes panics. And though he can make objective decisions, he sometimes has a hard time doing it. I can just tell that his thought process is rather subjective.
    He sounds a lot like me except that I cry a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by FallaciaSonata View Post
    I find raz and Giggly's T/F conflict to be rather....amusing.
    I would have more T/F conflicts with raz but he gets too emotional.
    Last edited by Giggly; 09-18-2009 at 03:32 PM.

MBTI
    TOTO

ISTJ
    Dom: Si, Introverted sensing
    Aux: Te, Extraverted Thinking
    Ter: Fi, Introverted feeling

Inf: Ne, Extraverted Intuition

ISFJ
    Dom: Si, Introverted Sensing
    Aux: Fe, Extraverted Feeling
    Ter: Ti, Introverted Thinking

Inf: Ne, Extraverted Intuition