User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ISTJs, how do you observe and remember so much?

Supreme Allied Commander Array Take Five's Avatar

You're never too poor to pay attention.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

1w9 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    I don't know how to explain it. It is almost embarrasing when I am talking to a girl and I remember some random fact that she told me 6 months earlier. (Sometimes I fear she will think it is creepy or take it the wrong way) The truth is, I just remembered- kind of like I remember the pizza place phone number! It doesn't necessarily mean it's important!

Hahaha, but it is in a way. I freaked this one girl out that came into work. I deduced that she comes in on the weekends that she has to go up to ANG Base. I asked her and she said yes. I told her that I thought as much because the last time she was in here was a like two months ago, she was also wearing her uniform then and she came in with 2 other people and sat at that table and she sat at that chair. It's not on purpose, but I just remember.

Oh, and to elaborate on the linear thinking model Reco was talking about, I am a history major. I like it when the history classes go in chronological order kind of like a timeline. It just makes thing SOO much easier to remember!

Sequence always helps.

Hmm... a memory like an ISTJ- maybe that is why I am on the Dean's list and I NEVER study?

On the other hand, send me to the store without a grocery list and DON'T expect me to get everything.

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

AHH! I seriously just remembered I went to the store today and FORGOT to get a mic for VENT!

Basically I just do it. I can consciously do it but I also sub consciously do it. Amazingly helpful when it comes to studying. I can remember phrases in the book word for word and certain phrases trigger certain memories. SO HELPFUL.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

Senior Member Array defragmybrain's Avatar

my clumsy ESFP self wouldnt know what to do without the detail oriented memory of my ISTJ boyfriend...
    - From your fun-loving ESFP.
    Se/Fi/Te/Ni, 44% E / 88% S / 62% F / 67% P

They call me rainman because I am very pattern oriented, especially numerically.

I too hated history. I got As in the class but don't remember crap. I did learn a song to memorize all 50 USA states, as well as the 40-something presidents, so they stick in my head.

I am very intune with details and I remember patterns and colors. I'm a dude, but I do like to style so I pay attention to clothes, color arrangments and stuff that people wear, especially someone that I notice wears nice things.

I remember people's birthdays. I have 10 bros and sis, 20 something nieces and nephews, and 3 grand nephews (the third one was born yesterday), and I remember all of their birthdays.

I'm the one who usually texts or emails my siblings to remind them of somebody's birthday.

They are equipped with better capture ability and infinite hard drive space.

Really though - my ISTJ remember most things very very accurately - but when he's wrong - he still thinks he's right - and will never ever back down.

It's actually endearing in a weird way - for an ENFP - I don't know how other types would handle it.

89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

I think it might be an ISFJ thing, too. The one I know has an astonishingly accurate and detailed memory.