User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 46

  1. #31
    IRL is not real Cimarron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    Probably true about the video games. About using the focus for something else, basically.

    My parents say that when I was 2 years old, I had a collection of football cards, of all the NFL players, and had memorized each person's team and number. I don't remember any of it now. I'm not as big a fan of football as I used to be. In fact, I don't really remember collecting the cards in the first place. But I think I still remember stats for my favorite, which was Jerry Rice back then.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

  2. #32
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Probably true about the video games. About using the focus for something else, basically.

    My parents say that when I was 2 years old, I had a collection of football cards, of all the NFL players, and had memorized each person's team and number. I don't remember any of it now. I'm not as big a fan of football as I used to be. In fact, I don't really remember collecting the cards in the first place. But I think I still remember stats for my favorite, which was Jerry Rice back then.
    Haha, funny because my parents told me that when I was around 2 years old, I used to remember all the names of the Hot Wheels car collection that I had. True story. I guess we have a knack for the 'John Doe Syndrome' (remembering the information that normally can't or shouldn't be remembered).

  3. #33
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Haha, funny because my parents told me that when I was around 2 years old, I used to remember all the names of the Hot Wheels car collection that I had. True story. I guess we have a knack for the 'John Doe Syndrome' (remembering the information that normally can't or shouldn't be remembered).
    I remember a million phone numbers, but I meet up with someone, and it takes 10 minutes of racking my brain to get their name out.


  4. #34
    Perfect Gentleman! =D d@v3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    2,830

    Default

    I can't remember phone numbers, but I can usually remember faces! Now, putting a name to the faces is a whole different story... I only sometimes can remember names.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #35
    Senior Member Habba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    998

    Default

    Having such a great memory for details really hurts the re-playability of the games.. and same goes for the movies too. I can still recall a lot of stuff from old games, such as Wolfenstein 3D...

    And I also remember great amount of details about the people I meet.. althought it's mostly unimportant stuff.. like shoe size, favorite ice-cream flavor and some random childhood event they once told me about.

  6. #36
    Perfect Gentleman! =D d@v3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    2,830

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    Having such a great memory for details really hurts the re-playability of the games.. and same goes for the movies too. I can still recall a lot of stuff from old games, such as Wolfenstein 3D...
    Yeah, I can remember levels in video games very well. I remember movies just as well. Not sure why.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #37
    Senior Member FallaciaSonata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj
    Posts
    159

    Default

    I played Guild Wars for about 3 years or so.... After I purchased my Xbox 360, my playing time on Guild Wars decreased greatly, and then stopped.

    Until yesterday. Xbox has an internal hardware failure and I have to ship it to Microsoft for repairs. So now I'm playing Guild Wars again.


    I agree with most of what's been stated in this thread. Thought I'd post because I still remember....almost literally everything about the game. It's been months since I've played it, too. Scary?

    Always remember to flank your enemies. History won't remember how dramatic your failed frontal assault looked. - Dragon Age: Origins

  8. #38
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    What's your system?

    I have ISTJ friend who who can walk into a room and pretty much remember every detail in the room.

    ISTJs seem to be the best at trivia games, due to being able to remember every little fact they've come across (especially in spatial form). It doesn't seem to matter if they were interested in it or not.

    They were also the first ones to point out that I am wearing my shirt backwards or inside out. (I did this more when I was younger).

    So how do you do it?

    How do you notice when even the slightest thing is out-of-place?
    ESTPs can do this too. I have baffled countless people over the years with my ability to remember conversations between them and I, years ago even, word for word. Good with visual memory too, especially if there are boobs involved.

  9. #39
    Let's make this showy! raz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    LoLz
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    Having such a great memory for details really hurts the re-playability of the games.. and same goes for the movies too. I can still recall a lot of stuff from old games, such as Wolfenstein 3D...

    And I also remember great amount of details about the people I meet.. althought it's mostly unimportant stuff.. like shoe size, favorite ice-cream flavor and some random childhood event they once told me about.
    I don't know, I memorize a lot of stuff about games, but I guess it depends on the game. Usually with games, how it works is I play it for like an hour or 2 until I get frustrated/bored and stop playing. Then like 12-24 hours later, I have this insatiable urge inside of me to go back and play it. It's like this feeling inside that just says, "you haven't done this in a good amount of time and you want to go do it again."

    About the memorizing stuff when I was young, I can't really remember anything significant off hand. Although, I do remember for my birthdays and christmas, I'd make lists of the exact power rangers toys I'd want.

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    ESTPs can do this too. I have baffled countless people over the years with my ability to remember conversations between them and I, years ago even, word for word. Good with visual memory too, especially if there are boobs involved.
    I felt guilty for this the other morning when I came into work. I looked at my supervisor and noticed something familiar about her. I looked more closely and realized she was wearing the same blouse as yesterday. I said to her without thinking, "weren't you wearing that blouse yesterday?" She just sighed and said yes to me. I think Fe would've been a bit more considerate about something like that, but I was just more of curious if I was right rather than thinking of how she might take me noticing. I felt bad afterward. :/


  10. #40
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    I remembered a past event in detail last night, and told someone I knew about it (it was 9 years ago), and that person I told was there during the event, but they didn't remember it.

    Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    I felt guilty for this the other morning when I came into work. I looked at my supervisor and noticed something familiar about her. I looked more closely and realized she was wearing the same blouse as yesterday. I said to her without thinking, "weren't you wearing that blouse yesterday?" She just sighed and said yes to me. I think Fe would've been a bit more considerate about something like that, but I was just more of curious if I was right rather than thinking of how she might take me noticing. I felt bad afterward. :/
    Haha, as long as there weren't other people around besides you two, then I wouldn't have felt too bad.

Similar Threads

  1. [ISTJ] ISTJs how do you end up in romantic relationships?
    By uberrogo in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-15-2014, 08:01 AM
  2. [ISTJ] ISTJs: how do you like being treated in a relationship?
    By Leanne_92 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 09:49 PM
  3. [ISTJ] ISTJ- How do you know you are in love?
    By IZthe411 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-21-2009, 02:37 PM
  4. Office Politics: Do you engage, and if so how?
    By Meatbot in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 03:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO