• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ's .. Long lost relative leaves you

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
A Million pounds/dollars.

How would you spend this money?

Would you go on a mad spending spree?
(I am thinking not, however, please tell me if i am wrong)

Start your own business?

Invest your cash somewhere?

Details people, details. :D

Have fun allowing your imagination to run wild.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
1. House.
2. Car.
3. Vasectomy.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. Give some money to my family, friends, and charity.
2. Buy myself a house
3. Invest the rest
4. Keep living like I normally do

If it were more money I'd do more fun things.

FallaciaSonata

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I know this will sound stereotypical....

But firstly I would dump most of it into a separate savings account. After that, I'd pay off any current debt I've accumulated (house, car, etc.) I would hold onto the money until it came time to send a child to college (and if I had no children I would give to a relative's child for similar purposes).

In terms of lifestyle changes, I would probably allow a few minor indulgences (get those few extra books I've been wanting, upgrade my computer a bit, etc.) but for the most part, I would remain the same.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1: Give enough to my parents/family to pay off all their debts (credit cards, car payments, etc), and enough to save my parents' retirement fund (that crashed and burned in the economic meltdown),
2: Give some to some charities (one of which would UNDOUBTEDLY be Habitat for Humanity),
3: Make a list of things that I want to buy that are expensive but worth the money,
4: Buy the stuff on the list (Shopping spree! :cheese:), and
5: Put the rest in savings.

Ozz

MBTI Type
ISTJ
1) Buy a modest house (in this region, it's about 600,000-800,000) I will use the money as a downpayment and mortgage the rest in this low interest rate environment. Timing of this house purchase will depend on my view of the housing market whatever this is the top or bottom.
a. buy a HDTV, roomba, and other furnishing
2) Buy a modest new car
3) Invest the rest
4) Act as if nothing has happened.