User Tag List

Thread: SFJ Friendships

MBTI
    INTJ

Default SFJ Friendships

I have just recently become obsessed with personality types and, as a result, I made all of my high school friends (who are still my closest friends after three years of college) take the test. I am an INFJ but all, literally all, of my friends are SF's, most of them SFJ's. We are all one big happy group so they are all friends with each other too (we are all girls), and I was wondering if you SF's out there have experieneced this as well. Do your friends all tend to be SF's? It seems, from what I have read, that they tend to the the nicest of all types? I, being the only N, do often feel more cold than the rest of my friends. Here are the friends I have (we've pretty much all been a group for about ten years):
    Two ISFJ's
    Four ESFJ's
    One ESFP
    One ISFP

Also, the friends I've made since (through college and whatnot) have mostly been SF's as well. I like to find patterns in things so I am curious if this is a common occurance.

MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

Hey, welcome to the board! Hope you enjoy yourself here.

Personally I have very few SF friends. I am even trying to rack my brain to think of one close friend that is SF and none are coming to mind.... I do have SF friends but they are not close friends that I spend a lot of time with.

For awhile I was very close friends with an ESFP but that friendship ended up dying due to circumstances.
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

"I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg

MBTI
    ISFJ

My two closest friends for a long time were an ISFJ and an ESFJ. I stayed very much in my safe little world with friends who were just like me. They thought like me, etc. These days I have all kinds of friends - ENTJs, INFPs, ENFPs, ISTJs, etc. I am fascinated by the differences now.

I'm with you on making all of my friends take tests...and suddenly being obsessed with personality types! I've heard "You're really into that personality stuff, aren't you?"

Hm... I have friends from other types. However when I do meet fellow FJs I always connect because of the Fe nature. I like being around other people that are pleasent and considerate, and more often than not FJs fufill that critieria.

Most of my friends even if they are NTs or FPs contain an element of Fe-esque behaviour, even if it's really just Fi or Ti at play.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I have SF/ST friends though very few NF/NT friends. This I hope changes. Interesting to find out how the dynamics works for others. Would Sensory friends have more Intuitive friends and would Intuitive friends have more Sensory friends.

And how this impacts the understanding of personality in proportion to others. because you know a board like this is created to be able to express sentiments with similarities that often times is vacant in real life. To sometimes build the esteem where that which is lacking from the understanding friends can be affirmed elsewhere.

Like the cyclical need to experience the various persona's that are present is something I am inclined to continue with. For there is so much variety yet at the same time that variety can be dampening and is then a relief that there are personalities attuned to your way of thinking.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I have so many ESFJ and xSTJ family members that I tend to crave different types as friends for the different perspective, even though I naturally share much in common with and get along great with most SJs.

I don't have any ISFJ friends around my age irl though and I'd like to meet some. I think I'd like to meet more introverts, in general, though. But, of course, introverts are so hard to find sometimes!

MBTI
    ESFJ

I always get confused when typing people i know, it's the N/S every time.

I don't have many people i would call friends but i have a lot of acquaintances.
    Most i would say are either NT's or ST's.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I have so many ESFJ and xSTJ family members that I tend to crave different types as friends for the different perspective, even though I naturally share much in common with and get along great with most SJs.

I don't have any ISFJ friends around my age irl though and I'd like to meet some. I think I'd like to meet more introverts, in general, though. But, of course, introverts are so hard to find sometimes!
    I'm an ISFJ friend around your age!! (Well, I use the term "around your age" loosely here")

MBTI
    ISFJ

Giggly, I love you and your little dog too!!

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Aww, I love you too, Lambchop!

Am I seeing things or did your avatar just blink at me?