• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ's and Tattoo's

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really like tattoos as an art form. I think that well-done tattoos are gorgeous! :wubbie:

As for me, I have a plan for two different tattoos, and it's a plan that I've had for several years. I wouldn't get anything on a whim. :)

I've considered that my potential tattoos would be all saggy and old looking when I'm in a nursing home, but really, most of the people in the nursing home with me are going to have saggy-ass tattoos too. :D I wouldn't get any tattoos where a judge could see them-- the ones I want would be on my upper back and on my ankle.

The thing that stops me, though? I'm scared of needles.:blush:

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
i have 17 or 18.
depending on how you count it.

my first one was when i was 16, in nyc.
my last one was last year, in the golden triangle.

i have both machine and bamboo tattoos.

onceuponatime

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
9w1
i have 17 or 18.
depending on how you count it.

my first one was when i was 16, in nyc.
my last one was last year, in the golden triangle.

i have both machine and bamboo tattoos.

Oh so you're really a SJ?

AWESOME!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
my ISTJ doesn't like tattoos... he says that they mar the perfection of the human body and that most people don't know what they'll like in 20 years, so it's a bad idea and a waste of money :rolleyes:

I have 3 tattoos (one on the hip, and one on each ankle)... he's never complained about them, but I have a feeling that if I threatened to get another tattoo he wouldn't be happy (but would tell me to go ahead because it's my body anyways :doh:)

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
The only tattoos I'll get are temporary tattoos. I don't like needles so I won't get the real thing. Plus I have a short attention span and would likely get bored with my tattoo...

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
0bKjhsS.png

stone

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
I have 32 tattoos: each one is tied to a memory or life lesson. I am currently working tying them together to complete sleeves, although my tatts are not confined to my arms. I work done on my chest, stomach, back and legs as well.

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
No way, but some of the work that those tattoo artists is pretty great. I am kind of against the whole self expression thing through clothes, tattoos, hairstyles. Could be an SJ thing or it could be that I am 80 and the only thing I can taste anymore is hard candy and my own rage so I am mad at the world. Stop coloring your hair hippies.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Tattoos seem creative and interesting to me but my fear of needles and general questioning of how it may affect me future wise prevent me from pursuing one.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Not a fan of a lot. But I have a soft spot for girls who have a small one they're embarrassed of.

allison1000

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm not an SJ but from my experience I can say that, at least with ESTJs, they seem to revoke tattoos like the blood of Satan, thinking not only that tattoos are an outer display of the evil within but I believe they most appear ugly to the ESTJ's minimalistic preferences. No tattoos, piercings, minimal jewelry and simplistic (though expensive) clothing are usually adornments of their regal style.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
a) expensive
b) most artists don't quite cut it (i studied fine art I know shit art when i see it)
c) .........i have a small tattoo
d) gimme a hot xstp with tattooes anyday :happy2:

someday when i have $$$ to pull off hiring a good designer and tattooist i'm still gonna get that tatt i've wanted since i was a teenager :), idgaf if i'm all wrinkly by then. There's just something satisfying about a well pulled off piece of art that you can bring around with you as a reminder of whenever or whatever reasons you've got it carved on your skin for.

I remember mine. I always will. And because I took it so seriously and of how universal it was, I don't think I'll ever regret it. So I mean. Pffft.

As for looks and age: ... I didn't get it for anyone, so anyone who thinks they have a right to judge can go fuck themselves :)
But I mean; the thing is, I also didn't get it in a place that's terribly obvious. It's usually covered by a shirt. So there's no conflict of interest etc with formal appearance.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
a) expensive
b) most artists don't quite cut it (i studied fine art I know shit art when i see it)
c) .........i have a small tattoo
d) gimme a hot xstp with tattooes anyday :happy2:

someday when i have $$$ to pull off hiring a good designer and tattooist i'm still gonna get that tatt i've wanted since i was a teenager :), idgaf if i'm all wrinkly by then. There's just something satisfying about a well pulled off piece of art that you can bring around with you as a reminder of whenever or whatever reasons you've got it carved on your skin for.

I remember mine. I always will. And because I took it so seriously and of how universal it was, I don't think I'll ever regret it. So I mean. Pffft.

As for looks and age: ... I didn't get it for anyone, so anyone who thinks they have a right to judge can go fuck themselves :)
But I mean; the thing is, I also didn't get it in a place that's terribly obvious. It's usually covered by a shirt. So there's no conflict of interest etc with formal appearance.

The fact that you've wanted it for a while is a good sign that you wont get bored of it. In fact I wonder how many Ps types get a tattoo only to want it removed later. SJs are less likely to change their mind once they had made a decision.

Lucy_Ricardo

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm always astounded when people get tattoos because it's such a major commitment. It's easier to get divorced than to get a tattoos removed, so the people who get them mustn't be commitmentphobes, which is commendable.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
The fact that you've wanted it for a while is a good sign that you wont get bored of it. In fact I wonder how many Ps types get a tattoo only to want it removed later. SJs are less likely to change their mind once they had made a decision.

My first tattoo was actually a spur-of-the-moment thing, though. (...There's a reason I type as P a lot xD) I've had another concept that I thought would be a great thing to have, but now that I'm older I don't think so. Like, it'd look good still (probably), but it'd be utterly meaningless and require more upkeep. If I had the money at that time and got it, I wouldn't regret it either (I generally don't regret things, because that's what commitment is).

But I think there's some things you just know you want from the level of the soul. Some parts of the soul never changes, so to speak.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd like one on my left shoulder, someday. Just something simple, in black.

9cr4lER.jpg

Sil

This is a test.
No tattoos. Thought about getting one on occasion, but I've never wanted something on the skin bad enough that I'm willing to deal with the aged tattoo look.

I figure for now I'll just resort to remembering the things that matter.