User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Default Different home/work personality types?

On the MBTI tests, I pretty much test exclusively ISFJ. But I've been taking some "what should your profession be" or professional tests and find myself testing exclusively ISTJ.

I could see that, since I tend to be more thinking and logical oriented at work and leave my personal life at home.

Does anyone else test different for work/your profession?

MBTI
    ISFJ

I have no clue if this relates at all, but my highest Enneagram scores were 1and 5.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchop View Post

I could see that, since I tend to be more thinking and logical oriented at work and leave my personal life at home.
    I am very much the same in the workplace. I don't show my feelings. I am very much, go in, get the job done and leave (with a little steamrolling if necessary )
    Only those (2 ppl) who truly knew me, knew when something was up and would pull me to one side.
    Other than that. Got a job to do.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I just graduated high school, so the only jobs I've had were customer service oriented. I definitely had a different persona, probably more akin to some kind of ENFX (chipper, energetic, friendly, always smiling). In an environment where my INTJ traits didn't really help me any, I adopted very different mannerisms with the intent of making a good impression so that I would have a good reference when I applied for a job that actually mattered to me. At least until some of the more ridiculous customers pushed me too far, then it was straight back to logical, withdrawn and icy, much to my supervisor's surprise
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj

I agree with poppy, to a certain extent. I also have a job in customer service (I used to be a bagger, and now I'm in Produce) and I know where he's coming from. My highly introverted nature isn't that helpful at work, to be honest. I'm supposed to be....outgoing, friendly, and all that other stuff poppy listed.

And that's how I came up with my "Mask". I wear a "Mask" of the Customer Service Superman. I have many faults, but thankfully impatience isn't one of them, so I've never reacted negatively to a customer. Although I applaud poppy for the bravery --- I would have chickened out and then some.

The "Mask" I wear only on the sales floor, too, now that I think about it. My fellow co-workers know me somewhat. Well, as much as my introversion allows them to. ; )

On another note....Lambchop, are you completely certain you are indeed ISFJ? Is there a possibility that you could be ISTJ? Try taking a Cognitive Functions oriented test instead of an MBTI and see what happens ---- just for giggles.

When it comes to work, it should be something you enjoy, or so they say. Do you prefer (enjoy) the jobs an ISTJ would like, or would you be happier in a position recommended for ISFJs?

Always remember to flank your enemies. History won't remember how dramatic your failed frontal assault looked. - Dragon Age: Origins

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I prefer jobs where I'm allowed to be myself, or more or less ISFJ, but unfortunately, they aren't always secure or don't pay well.

MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I am very much the same in the workplace. I don't show my feelings. I am very much, go in, get the job done and leave (with a little steamrolling if necessary )
    Only those (2 ppl) who truly knew me, knew when something was up and would pull me to one side.
    Other than that. Got a job to do.
    I am very much like this. Very rarely showed much at work aside from a commitment to getting the job done. Actually my coworkers at my last job were literally shocked when they found out what an active social life I had outside of work because they rarely saw the extroverted, fun-loving side of my personality.
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

"I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by FallaciaSonata View Post
    I agree with poppy, to a certain extent. I also have a job in customer service (I used to be a bagger, and now I'm in Produce) and I know where he's coming from. My highly introverted nature isn't that helpful at work, to be honest. I'm supposed to be....outgoing, friendly, and all that other stuff poppy listed.

And that's how I came up with my "Mask". I wear a "Mask" of the Customer Service Superman. I have many faults, but thankfully impatience isn't one of them, so I've never reacted negatively to a customer. Although I applaud poppy for the bravery --- I would have chickened out and then some.

The "Mask" I wear only on the sales floor, too, now that I think about it. My fellow co-workers know me somewhat. Well, as much as my introversion allows them to. ; )

On another note....Lambchop, are you completely certain you are indeed ISFJ? Is there a possibility that you could be ISTJ? Try taking a Cognitive Functions oriented test instead of an MBTI and see what happens ---- just for giggles.

When it comes to work, it should be something you enjoy, or so they say. Do you prefer (enjoy) the jobs an ISTJ would like, or would you be happier in a position recommended for ISFJs?
    What are some cognitive function oriented tests that I can take? Funny thing, I think I could be happy in either.

Today, I definitely knew I was an ISFJ when I started CRYING (much to my humiliation) because of something my boss said to me!!

In looking at personality types, I'm pretty certain he's an ISTJ. (He's an attorney too, and it totally fits) There are some distinct differences between he and I. In fact, I might start a post on how to relate better to him!

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FallaciaSonata View Post

I'm a girl!

Yes, the customer service mask! The place I worked at kind of overcharged for food (it was pretty good, but a little pricey and took forever because it was always so busy). I thought the customers deserved a little pep because I think it's such a drag to pay a mopey little teenager who obviously hates you $2.50 for a bagel with cream cheese. So I guess that was my NiFi-fueled reasoning for adopting such different behavior.

I'd love to have a job where I could be my pedantic asshole self some day though...
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post

I'm a girl!
    Your profile pic is SO man like, don't lie.

As for me, I don't really change at work. I mean, I have a "work mode" in my mind, but my TYPE or personality doesn't really make shifts. I am just a certain way at work is all. I think we all are.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)