User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

Quote Originally Posted by FallaciaSonata View Post
    That test isn't really supposed to be used to type yourself with, but if answered correctly, it can show which of the eight functions you favor, or use more.

My dominant function is Si, but that test showed that I use Te slightly more. But I still have the traditional, Si-Te, Ne, and Fi. I actually use the Ne more than the Fi, too, which is interesting.

Didn't mean to confuse you. If you have any questions, I'll try to clear them up. But no promises. I only *think* I know everything. ; )
    I took it unaware of what the ESFJ functions are supposed to be. Looking at it now, the functions are somewhat different than what the test said, but it still suggested that my type might be ESFJ. More than anything that test gave me a little bit of a better understanding of what each function actually is. I get confused about the whole thing.
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

"I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

In descending order, these were my functions, from most favored to least favored:
    Se, Fi, Si, Fe, Ti, Ne, Ni, Te
    It says that I am an ISFP.
    Ni,Te,Ne
    You notice this process and enjoy when others use it but only occasionally find yourself engaging in it. You may marvel at others who do it very well. It doesn't appear useful to you personally and can annoy you if others use it too much.

Ti,Si,Fe
    You value this process as a helpful aid, even if you do not engage it that often. You trust it contributes to life, particularly when done by others who do the process well. You might recruit others to help you do this process for you.

Se,Fi
    You actively use this process in your daily life as a useful tool or helpful aid. You could live without it but use definitely contributes to the what you do and who you are. You can work with others using this process, usually in a support role.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj

Another interesting note. I'm pretty darn sure my Mom is an ISTJ, and that test suggested it as well. However, her most used function is also Fi.

I believe her ordering was as follows:
    Fi, Si, Te, (then the rest of the stuff) and Ni and Ne were at the very bottom. Odd, for an ISTJ, is it not?

One of the big things people pick at me for is my lack of Se. It usually comes in the form of "pay attention to your surroundings". I could do that, but then I'd lose focus on whatever it is I'm trying to do. ; )

Lambchop, how accurate do you think it was?

Always remember to flank your enemies. History won't remember how dramatic your failed frontal assault looked. - Dragon Age: Origins

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by FallaciaSonata View Post
    Another interesting note. I'm pretty darn sure my Mom is an ISTJ, and that test suggested it as well. However, her most used function is also Fi.

I believe her ordering was as follows:
    Fi, Si, Te, (then the rest of the stuff) and Ni and Ne were at the very bottom. Odd, for an ISTJ, is it not?

One of the big things people pick at me for is my lack of Se. It usually comes in the form of "pay attention to your surroundings". I could do that, but then I'd lose focus on whatever it is I'm trying to do. ; )

Lambchop, how accurate do you think it was?
    After reading other posts, I think I understand it. My most used functions are Fi and Ti...so I agree with Giggle on it being balanced. I think I've developed the Ti more as I've gotten older and wiser. The introverted sensing didn't realize surprise me either. Or the fact that my most used functions were all introverted. My mind is usually going from morning till night on things...and yet, I rarely share them with anyone. I've shared more on this board than I have with MANY people in my life. I can see my thinking function taking over at work, since I don't work with people as much as I used to.

I really love these boards, I must confess!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj

I've read that, too. The theory that you develop the lesser functions as you grow older. If you're middle-aged, then it makes perfect sense that you'd be using your other functions more often. Hey, this could even be the root of the mid-life crisis cliche.

No, but really, that's interesting. I'm only 18, but I've noticed I use a lot of Ne, as opposed to other ISTJs, most notably Mom. (Who uses it rarely, if at all.)

I'm going to quote something BlackCat told me once. He's a smart cookie.

It's impossible to be an X first off, and your "Ni" is probably Si working with Ne. With Si you get a database of information that you gather, and with Ne you can expand on that and see the possibilities of that database, or what could possibly come out of it. Si is the jungle, Ne is the trailblazer. You're just a healthy ISTJ in my opinion, and also a very obvious ISTJ in my opinion.

The Pi functions can look alike... That's for sure. All of the functions can look alike in some way, Ti for Fi, Ni for Si, Te for Fe etc.

As for your assessment, it seems we are similar in this. I'm tied at the top for my main two functions (Fi and Ne), with Te coming next, making myself seemingly built like an ENFP. But I know that I'm not an ENFP, no way. I'm an obvious introvert. That test is good for showing your strength that you have with your functions in my opinion, not necissarily a good thing to type yourself with. It's good that you have a strong Ne. You seem to have the strengths of an ESTJ, but you are built like an ISTJ, according to your functions. I mean built like an ISTJ with how you use your functions, the same way I have the strengths of an ENFP, but I'm built like an INFP.

I think I'm not being too clear here... But my Te is abnormally strong for an INFP, it has the strength an ENFP's would. But I use it in the manner an INFP would that's healthy. You can apply that to yourself with the ESTJ Ne.

Always remember to flank your enemies. History won't remember how dramatic your failed frontal assault looked. - Dragon Age: Origins