Quote Originally Posted by Argus2968 View Post
    Will you take advantage of me?
    If you're lucky...

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I'd have to agree on some of your oppinions of the book. Of coarse im a book nerd and have to read just about everything!
    Twilight deffinatley grabbed my attention early on in the story, which I liked...but it ended up dragging on and on just for the romance. I have to say that I do love a great plot where romance isnt the main thing happening. I love books that require you to be involved early on to really get what happens in the end. I love thrills in my stories as well. Spiritual wars are really good for me too :] Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker or 2 authors I really enjoy. Stephen King, I adore his writting as well.

As for the Twilight characters, I have to say that Bella is the one that irritated the crap out of me. I hated the way she seemed so weak. Like she was just too easy to break. So ready to do anything Edward may have wanted her to do. No spine at all it seemed. I think it would've added something to the story if she made herself a bit more mysterious and not hold tight to this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Ginkgo

Thank you for the detailed analysis OP.

I have not read the books or seen the movie. For whatever reason, I gravitate away from hype. But the fact that you make deals with your sister is intriguing, and I'm sure it results in great learning experiences for both of you.

I have no factual foundation to stand on when it comes to Twilight. It's too mainstream. In fact, it took a while before I decided to read the Harry Potter series because too many people liked it.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Thank you for the detailed analysis OP.

I have not read the books or seen the movie. For whatever reason, I gravitate away from hype. But the fact that you make deals with your sister is intriguing, and I'm sure it results in great learning experiences for both of you.

I have no factual foundation to stand on when it comes to Twilight. It's too mainstream. In fact, it took a while before I decided to read the Harry Potter series because too many people liked it.
    Mystic,

What is it with INFPs and not liking "mainstream?" My husband is the same way...and try as I might..I just don't get it.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchop View Post
    Mystic,

What is it with INFPs and not liking "mainstream?" My husband is the same way...and try as I might..I just don't get it.
    A lot of INFPs are enneagram 4's, and in their search to be unique they think that it makes them not unique to be into the "mainstream".
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    A lot of INFPs are enneagram 4's, and in their search to be unique they think that it makes them not unique to be into the "mainstream".
    yeah my best friends the exact same with with mainstream music. Personally I see nothing wrong with mainstreem. But my INFP friend is very romantic and dreamy and loves to listen to music that can express his emotions in such bizarre ways.
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    yeah my best friends the exact same with with mainstream music. Personally I see nothing wrong with mainstreem. But my INFP friend is very romantic and dreamy and loves to listen to music that can express his emotions in such bizarre ways.
    My husband is that way with "mainstream" music too!! I see no need to like or dislike music based on who else likes it.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchop View Post
    My husband is that way with "mainstream" music too!! I see no need to like or dislike music based on who else likes it.
    Jeeze, they're just so biased! Who cares if everyone listens to it. Thats the most rediculous thing.