• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJs, what is your take on Twilight?

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd have to agree on some of your oppinions of the book. Of coarse im a book nerd and have to read just about everything!
Twilight deffinatley grabbed my attention early on in the story, which I liked...but it ended up dragging on and on just for the romance. I have to say that I do love a great plot where romance isnt the main thing happening. I love books that require you to be involved early on to really get what happens in the end. I love thrills in my stories as well. Spiritual wars are really good for me too :] Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker or 2 authors I really enjoy. Stephen King, I adore his writting as well.

As for the Twilight characters, I have to say that Bella is the one that irritated the crap out of me. I hated the way she seemed so weak. Like she was just too easy to break. So ready to do anything Edward may have wanted her to do. No spine at all it seemed. I think it would've added something to the story if she made herself a bit more mysterious and not hold tight to this guy.

G

Ginkgo

Thank you for the detailed analysis OP. :)

I have not read the books or seen the movie. For whatever reason, I gravitate away from hype. But the fact that you make deals with your sister is intriguing, and I'm sure it results in great learning experiences for both of you. :)

I have no factual foundation to stand on when it comes to Twilight. It's too mainstream. In fact, it took a while before I decided to read the Harry Potter series because too many people liked it. :tongue:

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Thank you for the detailed analysis OP. :)

I have not read the books or seen the movie. For whatever reason, I gravitate away from hype. But the fact that you make deals with your sister is intriguing, and I'm sure it results in great learning experiences for both of you. :)

I have no factual foundation to stand on when it comes to Twilight. It's too mainstream. In fact, it took a while before I decided to read the Harry Potter series because too many people liked it. :tongue:

Mystic,

What is it with INFPs and not liking "mainstream?" My husband is the same way...and try as I might..I just don't get it. :frown:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mystic,

What is it with INFPs and not liking "mainstream?" My husband is the same way...and try as I might..I just don't get it. :frown:

A lot of INFPs are enneagram 4's, and in their search to be unique they think that it makes them not unique to be into the "mainstream". :)

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A lot of INFPs are enneagram 4's, and in their search to be unique they think that it makes them not unique to be into the "mainstream". :)

yeah my best friends the exact same with with mainstream music. Personally I see nothing wrong with mainstreem. But my INFP friend is very romantic and dreamy and loves to listen to music that can express his emotions in such bizarre ways.

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
yeah my best friends the exact same with with mainstream music. Personally I see nothing wrong with mainstreem. But my INFP friend is very romantic and dreamy and loves to listen to music that can express his emotions in such bizarre ways.

My husband is that way with "mainstream" music too!! I see no need to like or dislike music based on who else likes it. :)

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My husband is that way with "mainstream" music too!! I see no need to like or dislike music based on who else likes it. :)

Jeeze, they're just so biased! Who cares if everyone listens to it. Thats the most rediculous thing.