• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJs, what type are you attracted to?

What type are you attracted to?

• Total voters

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, someone back there said that they think NF's are more mysterious. In other words, a lot of people are insanely attracted to their opposite, even if their opposite may not be what's best for them.

I agree. And for some reason, there are certain opposite pairings that seem to be easier to do than others, like ISTP/ENFJ or ENFP/ISTJ. Seems like there's less friction with those in general, as opposed to ESFP/INTJ for example, which rarely seems to go respectfully or well.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I agree. And for some reason, there are certain opposite pairings that seem to be easier to do than others, like ISTP/ENFJ or ENFP/ISTJ. Seems like there's less friction with those in general, as opposed to ESFP/INTJ for example, which rarely seems to go respectfully or well.

I don't like ENFJS all to well.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

You think so? I'd say that you and Pink are just lovely and really cool. Who wouldn't like you two?

What about ISFJ/ENTP?

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You think so? I'd say that you and Pink are just lovely and really cool. Who wouldn't like you two?

What about ISFJ/ENTP?

:hug: Look here, lady, I'm gonna have to squeeze you now. :D One of the burdens you have to share with Pink, now that you're our triplet. HugZ for all!

Well, I don't know. Seems like those pairings always end up with the ISFJ's needs being neglected. I mean, each individual is different, but generally speaking, it doesn't seem to go very well. I know a few of those pairings in real life, ( strangely all the ISFJ's in those pairings were women ), and ultimately there was a lot of neglect on the NT's part. I don't know why it kept turning out that way.

Of course, I'm sure there are a lot of ISTJ's who think ENFP's are way too much work, and not nearly as fun or physical as ESFP or ISFP. So I'm sure there are shortcomings on all sides.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
...and what was your vote in similar poll for INFPs? :D What goes around, comes around.

:cry: It's not fair, I'm in a relationship! I have expectations of my vote! :sorry:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:hug: Look here, lady, I'm gonna have to squeeze you now. :D One of the burdens you have to share with Pink, now that you're our triplet. HugZ for all!

Ooooh, thank you, darlin' :hug: :happy:

Well, I don't know. Seems like those pairings always end up with the ISFJ's needs being neglected. I mean, each individual is different, but generally speaking, it doesn't seem to go very well. I know a few of those pairings in real life, ( strangely all the ISFJ's in those pairings were women ), and ultimately there was a lot of neglect on the NT's part. I don't know why it kept turning out that way.

What a shame. :(

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would NEVER work well with an ISTJ. they would be like "that's against the rules" or "you're not supposed to do that" and I'd be like "fuck you". an ISFJ however would be a possibility. I do tend to like "traditional" women who enjoy cleaning and cooking. for some reason I tend to be able to bring out the better characteristics in ISFJs like loyalty and strong affection. I can usually also help them channel their Si in a way that is less rigid (I have no tolerance for rigidness and I believe Si can be used in a way that isn't) and help them be a little more loose and relaxed (most people take advantage of them and it pisses me off). still, I don't know if marriage would work well. I tend to be a lot more attracted to FPs (2 people with Fi can REALLY connect with each other) and ISFJs are so different from me, even if they make good conversation at times (especially if we agree on something).
I would probably do well with a really wild ESFP, ENFP or possibly an INFP with a freaky side. they would work better with my life style anyway as I will be vacating and traveling around the world a TON. I am way to touchy feely romantically to work with any sort of T (although many of my close friends are NTs).

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I can't really say... I don't think the personality type matters that much actually. I'm married to an ENTP, and I've read stuff somewhere in the forum about how they aren't that compatible with ISTJ, but our opposite traits work very well together. Our compatibility is more based on shared values and a sense of individual responsibility and independence to try to understand the other person.

rawr_sheila

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I voted for ENFP and ESFP; I think I would be attracted to them. I know their personality types and they both have a good set of pros and cons. But I haven't been in a serious relationship yet so idk. Im surprised that INFP came up in like third place. Nice topic.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Ugh. The thought of being with any F sounds pretty awful to me. ENTJs *are* my drug of choice.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I've found myself intellectually attracted to T women, but I really need an F woman to balance me out. That's why I tend to get attracted to IxFJs.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I can be attracted to a man of any type, who is intelligent, has confidence, sense of humour, an interesting conversation, good looks and good manners.

It has nothing to do with his mental processes.

Yes, I am the one who clicked all the boxes.