User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    Enlisting in the military means going through basic training, which contains an obstacle course. The obstacle course probably fits ISTP more than the risk adverse ISTJ. It'll work if I want to become an ISTP.
    Obstacle course is a very small part of training. Most training revolves around doing what you are told to do, and telling other people to do what you tell them to do... in a loud tone of voice.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I think having a strong F would be interesting. Then when they unlock the door to my padded cell after the month is over, I can take what I learned and put it too good use!

I think of all the types, being an ESFP would be most interesting. I mean, they're always friendly and open and they genuinely like people. Who does that?!
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    The thing is, it's a trial basis. so, let's say, maybe after a month, you'd switch back to your original preference. A month is probably a good enough amount of time to experience fully whatever letter you trade in.

So, which would you trade in? Would it be one? Two?, maybe all 4?
    The ESTP, hands down. Assuming the ESTP is using their preferences to the fullest, they are essentially the tactical, dare-devil versions of the ENTJs with sharper interpersonal skills and quicker maneuvers. I admire the developed ESTPs I've gotten known in real life. Even if they're underdeveloped, they impress me with a "ready-to-go" attitude and an immediate environmental awareness.

Or I might try out the ESFP type to shake things up.

Otherwise, it's not worth trading in the letters when I can learn them from others.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    My ISTJ bro- following the rules.

Actually I said you could switch 1 or more. Maybe switch you I and T for E and F?
    Hah, thanks for the offer, but switching too many at once would leave me not even feeling like myself after a while. I guess that's why they're "preferences," that a person naturally prefers them on a deeper level than a whim...

I mean, trading in your type may sound reflexively like a good idea, but then you look around at the other options and see pitfalls everywhere.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Life would be so much easier if I could trade my P I think. Everything else is fine..

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    Enlisting in the military means going through basic training, which contains an obstacle course. The obstacle course probably fits ISTP more than the risk adverse ISTJ. It'll work if I want to become an ISTP.
    You don't need to like risks to do the obstacle course well. You need to be physically fit, and that's something that type doesn't discriminate.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I guess I'd switch my P for J, then my I for E, then my T for F, then my N for S...

and then before I kill myself, I'd switch back.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

I'm extremely high on the P scale but I don't think I'd want to trade for a J because I wouldn't want to go that far. It'd be too suffocating. But if we were all drinking the same potions mine would probably take me close to the line but not over it so I'd be fine. It'd be nice to be a little more organized in my thoughts and actually get my place cleaned up. haha.

And once we found the potion didn't change any of my letters I could then drink the N potion and develop a little more strategy so I'm not always just thinking within the moment but am able to step back and view life from a higher plane and keep things in better order.

God, I'm a mess.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Hah, thanks for the offer, but switching too many at once would leave me not even feeling like myself after a while. I guess that's why they're "preferences," that a person naturally prefers them on a deeper level than a whim...

I mean, trading in your type may sound reflexively like a good idea, but then you look around at the other options and see pitfalls everywhere.

Yeah you see them, but fortunately you only have to deal with them for 30 days.

That's the fun in it!

MBTI
    I

Now I'd really like to try this out haha. I'm just going to go about (trying to be) extroverted, and see how ESTJ suits me. See if I get the energy knocked out of me. I'll let you know how it's going.