User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    I

Default SJs, do you hate taking risks?

I've heard on other threads that SJ's don't like risks at all, because they're not reliable. What are your thoughts on risks or risk-taking behavior?

I for one don't like risks if the danger level is too high. If it's a 50-50 shot and if the stakes are too high, then I don't like risks either. If I'm confident about something, then the risk taken is not bad.

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't mind taking risks- it all depends on what I'm taking the risk on. One thing for sure, I like being fully educated before making any big decisions.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm not an SJ, but I don't like risks. I mean, I might take the 90 side of a 90/10 risk (because there's some risk inherent in any action), but that's about my limit.

I'm actually far more risk-averse than most SJs I know, because I don't trust in traditional or acceptable risks, I scrutinize everything. I see them run up credit card debt because they think it's "acceptable," and they expect to be able to pay it back.

MBTI
    ISTJ

It depends on how high the stakes are and what risk I'm taking... usually in my life someone or something compels me to take the risk whether I want to or not (taking the lesser of two evils kind of thing). It's an uncomfortable feeling but in most cases it ends up okay in the end. You just have to work with whatever situation you are given and make the best of it.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I hate taking almost all risks. But when I am forced to, I simply take the lesser of two evils, like D@v3.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I do take some risks.

I met the man of my dreams (at the time) online and flew 7 hours to get him.

I sold my life in the UK to start again in another country. Granted it didn't work out, but still.

When my confidence returns i'll take more risks. I do plan (hopefully) to start again my life in this new country should all the viables be in my favour.

The only thing i have learnt from these risks is don't put your fate in another persons hands. Do it off your own back. The rewards will hopefully outweigh the pitfalls.

Life is only what you make it.
    Last edited by Saslou; 08-18-2009 at 01:54 PM.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I don't like unpredictable things. I need to know for sure about what I'm going to do. So when I did take a risk, I make sure everything is well-prepared.
    Likes Crystal Winter Dream liked this post

MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

Quote Originally Posted by WickedQueen View Post
    I don't like unpredictable things. I need to know for sure about what I'm going to do. So when I did take a risk, I make sure everything is well-prepared.
    What she said.

Taking risks is something that challenges me. It doesn't come naturally to me, but I see facing fears as a very important part of life. I will take risks, but only well-calculated ones. I have to make sure I have planned out everything as well as possible before taking that risk, and then I will make myself do it. I will also try to consider possible outcomes and scenarios so that I can be prepared for them. But if it seems like something that will benefit me in the end, I can get up the courage to take the risk. It just requires a lot of thought and preparation ahead of time. I am not someone to just do something crazy and risky without very careful consideration first.
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

"I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

It depends. I take risks for fun things. things that don't matter all that much. Things that are a big deal that I care about or that can effect myself or my loved ones a great deal, I'm more of a [very] calculated risk taker.

I'm not always so good at the calculating part though.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    I don't mind taking risks- it all depends on what I'm taking the risk on. One thing for sure, I like being fully educated before making any big decisions.
    Sounds like me.

Sometimes I instinctually avoid them, but I know it's important to take risks, so I do consider it at other times.