• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJs, do you hate taking risks?

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
But keep in mind: planning does not equate to being less risky.

It's not necessarily so, but planning something out generally plays a part in achieving a positive outcome. You can never totally plan for anything. Liife has a way of providing crises/opportunities randomly.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
a know a few SJs who are pretty hardcore gamblers, this one dropped a few grand in a very short period of time while at vegas.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am incredibly risk-averse. I won't do it.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Examples? What's a risk you would take and one you wouldn't?

I can't even think of a "big" risk I've ever taken. I rarely leave my comfort zone and need a push to do so. My idea of risk-taking is leaving for school 10 minutes later than I usually do.

Sil

This is a test.
I can't even think of a "big" risk I've ever taken. I rarely leave my comfort zone and need a push to do so. My idea of risk-taking is leaving for school 10 minutes later than I usually do.

Hahaha, that's pretty damn funny.

Does that mean you're on time for things?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hahaha, that's pretty damn funny.

Does that mean you're on time for things?

I am never early
I am never late
I am always fashionably on time ;)

After two or three times driving to a place, I get a feel for how long it takes. I leave my house exactly 30 minutes before class starts, and it takes me about 10 minutes to get from the parking lot to the classroom. I leave for my 10:30 class at 10 and get there at about 10:28

Sil

This is a test.
I am never early
I am never late
I am always fashionably on time ;)

After two or three times driving to a place, I get a feel for how long it takes. I leave my house exactly 30 minutes before class starts, and it takes me about 10 minutes to get from the parking lot to the classroom. I leave for my 10:30 class at 10 and get there at about 10:28

*applause*

That's impressive. I'm late for everything except work and airplanes.

Do you get anxious if you are running late? And how do you feel about people who are late?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*applause*

That's impressive. I'm late for everything except work and airplanes.

Do you get anxious if you are running late? And how do you feel about people who are late?

Oh my god I am SUPER ANXIOUS if I'm running late. I'll get super panicky. Like, it takes me 5 minutes to get dressed. If I check the clock and its 9:59 and I want to be out the door in 1 minute so I'm gonna be out the door 4 minutes late, I'm like oh shit oh shit I gotta hurry. And yet somehow I still always end up being on time hah.

As for other people being late, only if it's some important occasion that depends on being on time (like we're gonna go see a movie at x time or something). If my friend (ISTJ) says he's gonna be at my house in 10 minutes to hang out, it usually falls somewhere between 15-20, in my experience. I don't mind a bit. I tend to have much higher standards for myself than other people, I have noticed.

Sil

This is a test.
Oh my god I am SUPER ANXIOUS if I'm running late. I'll get super panicky. Like, it takes me 5 minutes to get dressed. If I check the clock and its 9:59 and I want to be out the door in 1 minute so I'm gonna be out the door 4 minutes late, I'm like oh shit oh shit I gotta hurry. And yet somehow I still always end up being on time hah.

As for other people being late, only if it's some important occasion that depends on being on time (like we're gonna go see a movie at x time or something). If my friend (ISTJ) says he's gonna be at my house in 10 minutes to hang out, it usually falls somewhere between 15-20, in my experience. I don't mind a bit. I tend to have much higher standards for myself than other people, I have noticed.

Haha, you sound like friends I have. They give me a time and then expect me about 15-20 minutes after it (they even show up 15-20 minutes after the time they set to meet me sometimes).

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haha, you sound like friends I have. They give me a time and then expect me about 15-20 minutes after it (they even show up 15-20 minutes after the time they set to meet me sometimes).

Omg I'm dying right now because I do this sometimes hahaha. Especially with my ENFP mom. I'll tell her to come over earlier than she needs to because I anticipate in advance that she's going to be late. :laugh:

-Beatriz

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I feel uncomfortble taking risks because I'm not so sure of what's going to happen. My overthinking leads me to paranoia ("but what if THIS happened?"). I like when things are predictable, I just feel more comfortable when they are.

elcie

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm terrible at taking risks. Maybe because I'm so uncreative and can't come up with solutions to problems, so I'd rather avoid anything that will test me on this and stick to what I know...

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Omg I'm dying right now because I do this sometimes hahaha. Especially with my ENFP mom. I'll tell her to come over earlier than she needs to because I anticipate in advance that she's going to be late. :laugh:

People do this with my dad.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am not a fan of risk-taking. I prefer predictability and to know the situation. However, if a risk seems to involve something very fruitful as a whole I will consider stepping out of my comfort box.