User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 37

  1. #11
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    I tend to plan things out well, so I guess I am less risky than many, but I am also impulsive and I am willing to make risk-reward decisions.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  2. #12
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Yeah so it looks like the ESxJs are a little more risk-friendly than the ISxJs.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Lambchop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Yeah so it looks like the ESxJs are a little more risk-friendly than the ISxJs.
    I don't mind risks. I moved from one end of the country to the other 6 years ago and only knew 1 person there. I have a permanent scar and nerve damage on my chin from a snowmobile accident - just being reckless and stupid (but soo fun!) The older I get, the more risks I'm willing to take. Playing it safe gets really boring!

    I wouldn't take a risk that would put someone else is danger and that's where I draw the line.

  4. #14
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I tend to plan things out well, so I guess I am less risky than many, but I am also impulsive and I am willing to make risk-reward decisions.
    But keep in mind: planning does not equate to being less risky.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchop View Post
    I don't mind risks. I moved from one end of the country to the other 6 years ago and only knew 1 person there. I have a permanent scar and nerve damage on my chin from a snowmobile accident - just being reckless and stupid (but soo fun!) The older I get, the more risks I'm willing to take. Playing it safe gets really boring!

    I wouldn't take a risk that would put someone else is danger and that's where I draw the line.
    Now that's what I like to see from an ISFJ!

  5. #15
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I tend to plan things out well, so I guess I am less risky than many, but I am also impulsive and I am willing to make risk-reward decisions.
    That was the word i have been looking for .. Impulsive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchop View Post
    The older I get, the more risks I'm willing to take. Playing it safe gets really boring!

    I wouldn't take a risk that would put someone else is danger and that's where I draw the line.
    I totally agree with you. You play it safe for so long that you get to a point where you think, what have i got to lose.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    52

    Default

    If were talking about betting on a pair of Aces that's one thing. True uncertainty is another. And that true uncertainty I absolutely cannot deal with. Take asking a girl out on a date; you don't know the odds. It's a total shot in the dark. For whatever reason, this true uncertainty drives me insane and halts all of my action concerning the matter. Usually I eventually can get over such things and take the plunge, but it takes forever.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Bless. I so understand where you are coming from but possibly one day you will be sitting somewhere alone and just daydreaming thinking to yourself, i should of gone for that.

    It is odd that we only get one chance in life yet we choose to allow our fears get on the way of us enjoying ourselves sometimes.

    What ya going to do!
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Bless. I so understand where you are coming from but possibly one day you will be sitting somewhere alone and just daydreaming thinking to yourself, i should of gone for that.

    It is odd that we only get one chance in life yet we choose to allow our fears get on the way of us enjoying ourselves sometimes.

    What ya going to do!
    It's exactly those thoughts that get to me to actually take action if I ever do. I don't want any regrets. However, while not taking the opportunity might trigger a regret, taking the opportunity and failing could be a much larger regret (this may be largely a perfectionist thing?). (Although, considering how much relief I get by removing all of the uncertainty, it may be worth it just to take the risk.)

    Si sucks.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    It's exactly those thoughts that get to me to actually take action if I ever do. I don't want any regrets. However, while not taking the opportunity might trigger a regret, taking the opportunity and failing could be a much larger regret (this may be largely a perfectionist thing?). (Although, considering how much relief I get by removing all of the uncertainty, it may be worth it just to take the risk.)

    Si sucks.

    Even the best laid plans have a certain element of uncertainty. I am letting go of the whole 'I'm a perfectionist' label and trying to just accept everything for what it is.
    So there you must try to find your balance.
    Take the opportunity and have regrets or not take the opportunity and have regrets. When seeing it so black and white like that, it is pretty scary. At least those shades of grey help.

    Life is never easy is it? lol

    Where is that damn life manual hiding.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  10. #20
    Senior Member Lambchop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Where is that damn life manual hiding.
    LOL!! When you find it, I need a copy!

Similar Threads

  1. what do you hate?
    By miss fortune in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 2890
    Last Post: 10-06-2017, 06:47 AM
  2. [MBTItm] Do you hate when people see you as hippie?
    By Virtual ghost in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 01:02 PM
  3. [SJ] Q for SJs: do you put up a facade?
    By MacGuffin in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 03:18 PM
  4. [INTJ] Do you HATE Guessing Games?
    By Misty_Mountain_Rose in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 12:02 AM
  5. [SJ] SJs, do you like taking surveys?
    By NewEra in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-27-2009, 01:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO