User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

I tend to plan things out well, so I guess I am less risky than many, but I am also impulsive and I am willing to make risk-reward decisions.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    I

Yeah so it looks like the ESxJs are a little more risk-friendly than the ISxJs.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Yeah so it looks like the ESxJs are a little more risk-friendly than the ISxJs.
    I don't mind risks. I moved from one end of the country to the other 6 years ago and only knew 1 person there. I have a permanent scar and nerve damage on my chin from a snowmobile accident - just being reckless and stupid (but soo fun!) The older I get, the more risks I'm willing to take. Playing it safe gets really boring!

I wouldn't take a risk that would put someone else is danger and that's where I draw the line.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I tend to plan things out well, so I guess I am less risky than many, but I am also impulsive and I am willing to make risk-reward decisions.
    But keep in mind: planning does not equate to being less risky.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchop View Post
    I don't mind risks. I moved from one end of the country to the other 6 years ago and only knew 1 person there. I have a permanent scar and nerve damage on my chin from a snowmobile accident - just being reckless and stupid (but soo fun!) The older I get, the more risks I'm willing to take. Playing it safe gets really boring!

I wouldn't take a risk that would put someone else is danger and that's where I draw the line.
    Now that's what I like to see from an ISFJ!

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    That was the word i have been looking for .. Impulsive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchop View Post
    The older I get, the more risks I'm willing to take. Playing it safe gets really boring!

I totally agree with you. You play it safe for so long that you get to a point where you think, what have i got to lose.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ISTJ

If were talking about betting on a pair of Aces that's one thing. True uncertainty is another. And that true uncertainty I absolutely cannot deal with. Take asking a girl out on a date; you don't know the odds. It's a total shot in the dark. For whatever reason, this true uncertainty drives me insane and halts all of my action concerning the matter. Usually I eventually can get over such things and take the plunge, but it takes forever.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Bless. I so understand where you are coming from but possibly one day you will be sitting somewhere alone and just daydreaming thinking to yourself, i should of gone for that.

It is odd that we only get one chance in life yet we choose to allow our fears get on the way of us enjoying ourselves sometimes.

What ya going to do!
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Bless. I so understand where you are coming from but possibly one day you will be sitting somewhere alone and just daydreaming thinking to yourself, i should of gone for that.

It is odd that we only get one chance in life yet we choose to allow our fears get on the way of us enjoying ourselves sometimes.

What ya going to do!
    It's exactly those thoughts that get to me to actually take action if I ever do. I don't want any regrets. However, while not taking the opportunity might trigger a regret, taking the opportunity and failing could be a much larger regret (this may be largely a perfectionist thing?). (Although, considering how much relief I get by removing all of the uncertainty, it may be worth it just to take the risk.)

Si sucks.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    It's exactly those thoughts that get to me to actually take action if I ever do. I don't want any regrets. However, while not taking the opportunity might trigger a regret, taking the opportunity and failing could be a much larger regret (this may be largely a perfectionist thing?). (Although, considering how much relief I get by removing all of the uncertainty, it may be worth it just to take the risk.)

Si sucks.

Even the best laid plans have a certain element of uncertainty. I am letting go of the whole 'I'm a perfectionist' label and trying to just accept everything for what it is.
    So there you must try to find your balance.
    Take the opportunity and have regrets or not take the opportunity and have regrets. When seeing it so black and white like that, it is pretty scary. At least those shades of grey help.

Life is never easy is it? lol

Where is that damn life manual hiding.
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Where is that damn life manual hiding.
    LOL!! When you find it, I need a copy!