User Tag List

123 Last

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Default Any atheistic SJs?

Most atheists I've met were NTs, but I wonder how traditional SJs would go about it. What is your vision of the world if you are an atheistic SJ?

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Not an atheist. Also most atheists I know are also on this forum.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

It'd probably be something such as, "I don't have time for religious ideas" or "Who cares about that meaning of life stuff? I have a job and friends and family, I'm a busy guy." Maybe that would be agnostic.

Or if they had grown up in a society that disdains religion and supports atheist ideals.

There are several possibilities.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Hmmm.... nope I'm not an atheist.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I think I might be an ignostic.

I do not believe in God as the Bible defines it, but I think there's a chance that some hyper-super-developed alien race that we could see as gods, exists. We'd be as significant to them, as amoebas are to us.

That means that the definition of god is very vague, and thus their existence shouldn't be denied.

However, I find that existence of God is irrelevant, as the Faith is far more important factor. If you believe in god, it's irrelevant whether god exists or not. It's people who wrote the bible and who keep following it. It's people who are saying what is sin and what is sacred. It's people who build churches and held ceremonies. An actual god has very little to do with any religious event.

But for the sake of clarity, let's just say that I'm an atheist. But a passive one.. I don't give a flying ***** whether someone else believes in a god or not, just as long as they leave me be.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ISTx

Agnostic

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am not sure if my views on religion are agnostic or not.

I would say my morals are Christian based (6 of the 10 commandments) yet i don't go to church or talk to God. No one can prove he/she/it really existed other than a book which i am sure has been twisted in every way over time.
    My mother brought me a child's version of the bible as a child and it was a good read, not enough to convert me though. Even then, for me it just raised more questions.
    I liked at first (they don't leave you alone) when the Mormons called at my house as we would debate the whole religion thing. They just persevere though.
    I still have an open mind.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

My ESTJ friend is very much an atheist. I'm trying to remember if she ever emphatically stated a particular reason so, but really- she's a scientist, through and through (I say this entirely as a compliment). Quantify it, measure it, isolate it- make it tangible, make it accountable/testable, make it useful, make it mean something- or else she's not interested.

I can't remember if my ISTJ friend believed in God. I don't think it ever came up/ I don't think she cared much. She cared about the environment, and civil rights, politics, and the illogical/ hurtful things people do in the name of religion passionately and dedicatedly, but the actual religious questions? The existance of God? Again, I don't think she found it much relevant to any issues that ever came up in the situations I saw her in.

Amongst my family members, I know some religious SJs, but I don't know if they believe in a god/gods (it doesn't come up in their religious practice), necessarily- but I don't think they believe in a benevolent one, at the very least.

^ and yourself?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Another atheist (I swear, I know people who aren't , but I guess they also aren't SJs- I don't try and type people I don't know fairly well, however), but I thought that might be beating a dead horse a bit, as there have been plenty of threads asking personal opinion on the topic.

Don't get me wrong. I've been to church and synagogue and around people professing their faith and the joys it brings them and I recognize the cultural and personal appeal- but it is equally matched by unappeal- and at the end of the day, I just don't feel it myself. It's not in me and I don't see a reason to force it. I got other things to think about anyway.