User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I sort of like holding hands or he grab my waist in public, showing ppl that he's mine. :p
    But that's it. No more than that.

I find that I love touching and kissing and cuddling in private, but I hate sweet cheesy words. Blah! Don't give me words!

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    It's hard to tell...I don't have much experience with it.

I would think if I were in a relationship, I'd want some physical contact. Like desiring to hold her hand, or run a hand through her hair--I remember being there. Can't tell how much more or less I'd want it compared to other people, because I lack that data, heh.

Family and friends: No, I don't really touch them at all. I hug my mom, because she insists. For long-standing bonds like that, I figure that they know where I stand with them. And I wonder if that's what would happen with a long-term girlfriend eventually...

Touch is a very personal thing for me, though. If I touch someone or let them touch me, it means something very important. Some profiles say that Si makes us "very aware of our bodies," so maybe that is one effect.
    I can relate to this. Good post Cim.

The other day while getting groceries some lady whom I have not seen in a very long time came up to me and hugged me. It was completely spontaneous and I had no time to block it. I tried to stick my hand out to shake her hand but it was too late!

I don't usually hug my family much. I will hug my [very good] friends if I have no seen them in a long time.

Like Cim said, the sense of touch is very personal. We are very aware of our surroundings and what/who we are touching and what's/who's touching us!

I think if I were in a romantic relationship, it would be totally different with that girl. Of course, all that "cuddling" and stuff would ONLY happen in private.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Intimacy with your SO is supposed to feel good, not bad.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by WickedQueen View Post
    I sort of like holding hands or he grab my waist in public, showing ppl that he's mine. :p
    But that's it. No more than that.

I find that I love touching and kissing and cuddling in private, but I hate sweet cheesy words. Blah! Don't give me words!

As much as you hate receiving them, I hate to dish them out.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    I can relate to this. Good post Cim.

The other day while getting groceries some lady whom I have not seen in a very long time came up to me and hugged me. It was completely spontaneous and I had no time to block it. I tried to stick my hand out to shake her hand but it was too late!

I don't usually hug my family much. I will hug my [very good] friends if I have no seen them in a long time.

Like Cim said, the sense of touch is very personal. We are very aware of our surroundings and what/who we are touching and what's/who's touching us!

I think if I were in a romantic relationship, it would be totally different with that girl. Of course, all that "cuddling" and stuff would ONLY happen in private.
    In private, at 10:30pm on Tuesdays/Thursdays, when it's scheduled to happen.

MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

In a word: VERY.

And for the record, so is my boyfriend, who is definitely very strong "T."
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

"I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg

MBTI
    ISTP

I can be. The only deal is that when I'm actually confronted with a situation where I would like to do so, I suddenly don't think it would be a good idea because of how the other person might react. But, I dunno, maybe that'll change soon.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by SubjectA View Post
    My fiance is a lucky one. I do like being physically affectionate with him. I love stroking his hair, hugging him randomly, etc... He just has those teddy bear qualities that make it easy to do for me I guess.

But he's an exception that I can't explain. I don't like hugs or kisses from my friends.
    My father was INTJ and he was always hugging and kissing on my Mom but he seemed really uncomfortable hugging other people. He was also always petting the cats.

An ISTJ relative I know is very affectionate with children and cats but not at all with adults even their own spouse and it's caused problems in their marriage.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    My father was INTJ and he was always hugging and kissing on my Mom but he seemed really uncomfortable hugging other people. He was also always petting the cats.

An ISTJ relative I know is very affectionate with children and cats but not at all with adults even their own spouse and it's caused problems in their marriage.
    What's up with all the cat love in your family? LOL

I think affection is one area where it can be more subjective as opposed to objective for ISTJs.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I am extremly affectionate with my kids and husband. I like physical affection and words of affirmation. I have a few friends that I'm affectionate with as well, but not physically (unless I've been drinking and then I hug everyone!) In general, unless you know me really well, I am not a huggy, touchy feely kind of person. I am okay with some PDA with my husband, but not overly so or I get embarrassed and uncomfortable. My INFP husband used to HATE PDA when we were dating, but now he's very comfortable with it. Sometimes I have weird space issues with co-workers and stuff. Like I get uncomfortable if they stand too close to me and I definitely enjoy my personal space at work.