User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ

Whats the definition of "Physically Affectionate"... The OP should define it I guess.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

SFs (both Ps and Js) are the most touchy types, in my experience.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I'm very affectionate and touchy/feely. I'm always touching and telling the people I love that I love them all the time. It's a big part of how I express myself, and that makes me feel fulfilled. I know that I favor this so I tend to gravitate more towards those who don't mind it so much and will indulge with me in it. I think this is why I tend to like SPs so much. They don't mind my verbal/physical affection and I find their Se to be so attractive.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

It's hard to tell...I don't have much experience with it.

I would think if I were in a relationship, I'd want some physical contact. Like desiring to hold her hand, or run a hand through her hair--I remember being there. Can't tell how much more or less I'd want it compared to other people, because I lack that data, heh.

Family and friends: No, I don't really touch them at all. I hug my mom, because she insists. For long-standing bonds like that, I figure that they know where I stand with them. And I wonder if that's what would happen with a long-term girlfriend eventually...

Touch is a very personal thing for me, though. If I touch someone or let them touch me, it means something very important. Some profiles say that Si makes us "very aware of our bodies," so maybe that is one effect.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    Whats the definition of "Physically Affectionate"... The OP should define it I guess.
    When I say that I mean things like kissing, hugging, touching, etc, in a non-sexual way.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Yeah true. I want to say that it's all Ts who have this deficiency- what do you think?

I can't reconcile any female not being touchy feely, though. I see you are an INTJ- how meaningful are those things to you? And does your friend's lack of I love yous bother you?
    My fiance is a lucky one. I do like being physically affectionate with him. I love stroking his hair, hugging him randomly, etc... He just has those teddy bear qualities that make it easy to do for me I guess.

But he's an exception that I can't explain. I don't like hugs or kisses from my friends. With my previous boyfriend I didn't much care for cuddling or anything like that. I even feel awkward when I hug my father. When someone plops one of my fiance's nieces in my arms I'm pretty awkward when attempting to play with them. It simply doesn't come naturally for me. And I definitely don't cuddle and coo them.

My fiance's lack of I love yous don't bother me at all. I don't need verbal affirmation because I can see it in all the other things he does for me as well as all the quality time we spend together, among other things. In fact, I prefer to not have verbal affirmation, because I feel really awkward returning it.

In conclusion I wouldn't say all T's have a deficiency of touchy-feely-ness, though I suppose it kind of depends on if they have a developed F. I think in general they can live without it though, and won't be the first one to run up and hug you. I'm sure there are always certain exceptions, such as my case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member Just another ISTJ's Avatar
    MBTI
    IsTj
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTP

I'm very much not touchy feely. It takes a while before I make any attempt at initiating physical affection. Even then, I find it somewhat awkward.

I don't mind it when people hug me though!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

My ESTJ boyfriend is pretty cuddly. At least more so than me, which isn't saying a lot. He likes being close to me. Sometimes he'll have a hand on my head or around my waist, or whatever. He -has- to spoon me at night. Somehow I found myself putting up with it.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    STP

I grew up around touchy so I dont know if its a type thing or not with me. My family is big on hugs, putting arms around each others shoulders, etc. and they will hug anyone. I have a hard time just hugging people outside of family, but I like hugs and will never turn one down.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by SubjectA View Post
    My fiance is a lucky one. I do like being physically affectionate with him. I love stroking his hair, hugging him randomly, etc... He just has those teddy bear qualities that make it easy to do for me I guess.

But he's an exception that I can't explain. I don't like hugs or kisses from my friends. With my previous boyfriend I didn't much care for cuddling or anything like that. I even feel awkward when I hug my father. When someone plops one of my fiance's nieces in my arms I'm pretty awkward when attempting to play with them. It simply doesn't come naturally for me. And I definitely don't cuddle and coo them.

My fiance's lack of I love yous don't bother me at all. I don't need verbal affirmation because I can see it in all the other things he does for me as well as all the quality time we spend together, among other things. In fact, I prefer to not have verbal affirmation, because I feel really awkward returning it.

In conclusion I wouldn't say all T's have a deficiency of touchy-feely-ness, though I suppose it kind of depends on if they have a developed F. I think in general they can live without it though, and won't be the first one to run up and hug you. I'm sure there are always certain exceptions, such as my case.
    Ha- my family is NOT touchy feely- with sibs, we'll punch on the arm, or a headlock before we hug. So talk about something underdeveloped? My F is more like f. Pathetic!!!

And I date an ISFP girl. The more I read about them the more I see that this issue may be bigger than both she and I thought.