User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Default SJ's and Reading People

Both my father (an ISTJ) and my fiance (an ISFJ) are very good at "reading people." They can quickly figured out what kind of person they are, and especially in my fiance's case, what kind of intentions they have, without hardly even interacting with that person. My fiance also takes it one step further and is able to sense how someone is feeling and is also easily able to tell if they're lying or not.

I thought this would be a hardcore intuitive thing, but apparently it's not. Can anyone explain this? SJ's, do you have the same ability?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTx

I feel I'm pretty good at this as well. It's just analyzing a person - from their speech, their demeanor, attitude etc. It says a lot.

MBTI
    infp

Maybe they are, but sometimes the paranoia and suspician causes them to completely misread a person, since they are only using surface triggers to make the assessment.

My isfj friend does have an uncanny ability to read people, yet often her glass half empty assumptions about people mean that she could be wrong, but won't ever allow herself to find that out because of the snap judgements.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

I thought this would be a hardcore intuitive thing, but apparently it's not. Can anyone explain this? SJ's, do you have the same ability?
    It's different for Ss it seems. They do seem to read me, but... it's different. Like, my ISFJ boyfriend notices when I am off, but it is only because I let him notice it with my physical behavior. It is an extremely subtle physical change, but it wasn't like "in the air" as it is with Ns who pick up on me acting differently. I find that I have to try harder to hide it from Ns than from Ss.

MBTI
    INTJ

Since we're grounded in the present, we are more aware of what's right in front of us.

I think most Ss have this ability.

I tend to think the worst- which is not good. But most times instead of assuming, I like to confirm that my understanding is right, especially with my girlfriend, so that I don't cause any unnecessary friction. If I don't get that opportunity to reconcile, or it will never present itself, I'll usually conclude the worst.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    It's different for Ss it seems. They do seem to read me, but... it's different. Like, my ISFJ boyfriend notices when I am off, but it is only because I let him notice it with my physical behavior. It is an extremely subtle physical change, but it wasn't like "in the air" as it is with Ns who pick up on me acting differently. I find that I have to try harder to hide it from Ns than from Ss.
    We pick it up before you realize that we are even paying attention Once people realize you are looking at them there demeanor changes.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    We pick it up before you realize that we are even paying attention Once people realize you are looking at them there demeanor changes.
    That's quite possible. I guess my point is that it seems to be based on what you see, more than what you sense.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Uh huh.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Well, I think I have a good ability to type people from photos, thanks to my Si. But sometimes I'm totally lost when people send "hidden messages". I have totally no idea of people's agendas. But I can see their personality from their clothing, facial expressions, the way the speak and move, etc.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Yes this is true. But the lie detecting does not always work.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli