• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ask any question

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually I'd like to visit Belgium too. Start there and travel to France. I took French all thorugh high school and college, and besides Toronto, have never put it into use. Such a waste.

Becareful, Quebec French is a little different from France French. Hell, I've had an Acadian badmouth a Quebecor after talking to him because of the difference.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Becareful, Quebec French is a little different from France French. Hell, I've had an Acadian badmouth a Quebecor after talking to him because of the difference.

Missed that one. You are correct, the French language my children learn in England is not the same in some respects as the French language they learn't in Canada.

When me and my ex went to France for the day, he tried to speak French (Montreal style), she did kind of grasp what he was saying after a few puzzling looks. It was a lot easier to speak English though.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
What's up with the truck avatar?

What do SJs do for kicks?

Why is roast beef so tasty?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Missed that one. You are correct, the French language my children learn in England is not the same in some respects as the French language they learn't in Canada.

When me and my ex went to France for the day, he tried to speak French (Montreal style), she did kind of grasp what he was saying after a few puzzling looks. It was a lot easier to speak English though.

*winces* Ouch...

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
What's up with the truck avatar?

What do SJs do for kicks?

Why is roast beef so tasty?

1 - Exterior, cold metal, just have to get in to see that the engine does warm up. Also, it can be off road due to engine failure but looking at the exterior you wouldn't know it. Thats pretty much me. There will come a point when i need a new avatar. :)

2 - Winding people up. Being a sarcastic bugger. Trying to organise a day out at a theme park and paintballing (so looking forward to both of them). Chilling. (That's me anyway, can't speak for the other SJ's)

3 - I just don't know, cows are so cute at the farm, even with their really long wet tongues. Still Roast beef and even steak, i don't care how cute they are, they taste sooooo good. Do you ever tried yorkshire pudding with your roast beef? Delia Online - Recipes - English - Yorkshire Pudding

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Yorkshire pudding and roast beef and pools of gravy...mmm, is there anything better??

Who decided that cats have nine lives?

What were the names of all the kids in the Brady Bunch? (it was before my time)

What are the differences between English humour and Canadian humour?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Who decided that cats have nine lives?

What were the names of all the kids in the Brady Bunch? (it was before my time)

What are the differences between English humour and Canadian humour?

1 - You'll have to ask god that one.

2 - Wasn't that about a bunch of ADHD kids wearing very colourful attire. Before my time as well, thank god. ;)

3 - When talking to an English person about Canadian humour, you can not put the words 'Canadian' and 'Humour' in the same sentence. Seriously, i was only there for 7 weeks so only got to experience a little bit of your RUBBISH TV and your none existent comedy shows. Shoot me please. Lol.
Easiest one, Fawlty Towers Vs Trailer (trash) Park Boys.
English humour is about taking the piss and stating the obvious. Canadian humour i find its like they have to make themselves stupid to be funny. That's not funny, that's stupid. I don't get it.

Finally. Yes, beef with yorky puds, swimming in gravy .. :drool:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ I don't know much about Canadian humor, but The Red Green Show is/was pretty funny.

My question: Do you like British food? Do most Brits you know like British food?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Where do ESFJs come from?

Do ESFJs like to "get down with their bad selves" ?

If an ESFJ fell over in the forest, and nobody was there to see it, did it really happen?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Do you like British food?

Meat and potato gal all the way. Love the chippy but don't like fish and chips, i always go for chips and mushy peas.
People i know like British food esp the traditional Sunday Roast.

Where do ESFJs come from?

Do ESFJs like to "get down with their bad selves" ?

If an ESFJ fell over in the forest, and nobody was there to see it, did it really happen?

1 - My parents got their freak on on the bathroom floor after she had painted it. Lucky me. :)
2 - :devil:
And finally, of course it didn't happen. If i fell in the forest it would be due to me not watching where i was going. If no one else saw it happen, then it didn't. ;)

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
I am curious/blue, I am yellow.

What am I?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Canadian humour is not Trailer Park boys! Think more This Hour Has 22 Minutes (political satire), Red Green, Rick Mercer (Newfie guy who has started several different shows), Corner Gas (about a small town in Saskatchewan and its quirky inhabitants).

EDIT: sorry, didn't realize that I was on the second last page of viewing before I posted. Please continue!

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. Alive. It's sitting there on the I-Beam.
2. Just stare into the midnight moon and space. b. Simple - It's just eternal.
3. Your finger would block out the light and then the world would become pitch black.
4. The kitty is always watching from above.

You're not the boss of me now
You're not the boss of me now, and you're not so big
You're not the boss of me now, and you're not so big

How the hell did the cat get out of the steel box?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Canadian humour is not Trailer Park boys! Think more This Hour Has 22 Minutes (political satire), Red Green, Rick Mercer (Newfie guy who has started several different shows), Corner Gas (about a small town in Saskatchewan and its quirky inhabitants).

Eh, haven't seen Corner Gas, but I agree with the rest.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
1 - Exterior, cold metal, just have to get in to see that the engine does warm up. Also, it can be off road due to engine failure but looking at the exterior you wouldn't know it. Thats pretty much me. There will come a point when i need a new avatar. :)
I see!

2 - Winding people up. Being a sarcastic bugger. Trying to organise a day out at a theme park and paintballing (so looking forward to both of them). Chilling. (That's me anyway, can't speak for the other SJ's)
Noble Pursuits :D

3 - I just don't know, cows are so cute at the farm, even with their really long wet tongues. Still Roast beef and even steak, i don't care how cute they are, they taste sooooo good. Do you ever tried yorkshire pudding with your roast beef? Delia Online - Recipes - English - Yorkshire Pudding

I've never even heard of yorkshire pudding. Looks kind of biscuit-y. I am learning so much about English and Canadian culture on this website. Why, just today I learned what "Weetabix" is! I might give this stuff a try some time :]

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I've never even heard of yorkshire pudding. Looks kind of biscuit-y. I am learning so much about English and Canadian culture on this website. Why, just today I learned what "Weetabix" is! I might give this stuff a try some time :]

Yorky puds are more of a crunchy doughy thing so yeah, bit like biscuits.
Got to try it seriously. Give mom the recipe and ask her to make it along with the roast. (lashings of gravy on top so it goes all nice and soggy) :D

I don't understand how people can eat Weetabix with just cold milk. I have to pour boiling water over it to make it mushy then add a drop of milk. Great in the winter months.
Also helps keep you regular.