• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Representation Here

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Habba - That's great to hear! Do you think that it's mostly only problems that motivate SJs to check it out?

Well, I think S types are more prone to read what's told, and then just take it as granted. They don't reflect much on it, and don't let it affect their lives much. They have other means to get past problems. They ignore them. :D

I have seen many S people getting past personality problems just simply ignoring them. Where N (especially NF) types might try years to solve their personality traits and understand themselves completely, S people just accept what they are, rather than just understanding themselves. It saves them a lot of time and leaves room for something else.

I might even say that NF types might come up with new problems trying to solve their own personalities. It might become somewhat an endless loop. In this case, ignorance is bliss.

Plus, like Halla said, they feel like all they need to know is the basic stuff, and they aren't so driven to learn more. (Short attention span, perhaps? Who knows?)

Don't you mean Habba? :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Don't you mean Habba? :)
Shiznit! Dumb dumb dumb! Sorry!!!!! :doh: :cry: *runs away*

*runs back* It's fixed now.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Hahaha, Habba that's funny about NFs creating new problems. Ever so true!

However, what about all the Ss that marry Ns that won't ignore the problems too? Or what about the Ss that beget little Ns? I want to know!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
EJCC - What made you decide to pursue it? I know that you like it because you can look at it objectively, but what sent you there in the first place? (You don't have to tell if you don't want to, of course). Why is enneagram scarier? You seem quite self-aware, so I assume that you assess yourself and ponder some of those things. I'm not sure how I feel about it either, but I'm just wondering what it is for you.
Sorry I missed this post earlier! I decided to pursue MBTI because
1. I saw a mention of Myers-Briggs in a webcomic called Dresden Codak, and wondered "what is that?", then Google searched it and took the test;
2. I read my type description and my mind was completely blown; and
3. I love the idea that people's bizarre quirks can be EXPLAINED, and that the weird things I do (that I always knew I did) are weird things that I share with many, many other ESTJs. So, I suppose, the only introspection involved in it, for me, is figuring out WHY I do the things I do. Enneagram is different for me because I have to dig down deep to even REALIZE that the type description fits me - and when I realize it does, it is NOT good news. (See my other post for more elaboration.)

weminuche

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
<awkward_rant>
She HATES MBTI, because the type descriptions told her that she'd be a good secretary. When you want to become an artist (which she does), and somebody tells you that you should work a desk job instead, it doesn't exactly make you feel good.

Careers for ISFJ Personality Types

This also lists:

# Interior Decorators
# Designers

These are both creative artsy roles.

I think the disclaimer is good too. We are much more likely to be successful at anything we have passion for.

The following list of professions is built on our impressions of careers which would be especially suitable for an ISFJ. It is meant to be a starting place, rather than an exhaustive list. There are no guarantees that any or all of the careers listed here would be appropriate for you, or that your best career match is among those listed.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, first it was just nice to know thing. "Oh, I'm ISTJ.. well, that explains why I never went to parties."

But I got more interested in it when I became depressed. We talked a lot about life and people in general... for countless hours. During the process, I found out that being an ISTJ is not that easy as we are very prone to depression. I also found out that it's my personality type that gives me difficulties relating with people.

I also found out what so great about ISTJs. I had rarely though positive thoughts about myself, but now I can take pride for being one of the most reliable, caring (shown through actions, rather than expressing feelings) and intelligent person in my life. I don't need to be the most popular and handsome, when I already have those qualities in me. Essentially I was all the time trying to be something what I wasn't, and typology showed me how great I already was.

MBTI also helps you understand others; it makes sense of the quirky things they do.

My sister is ENFP- my exact opposite, and I used to HATE her. She drove me crazy. While age and life has put those things that drove us nuts as kids behind us, me understanding her MBTI solidified my understanding of her. It was like 'Okay, she did most of what she did out of nature and not to make my life miserable'. :D

I like it for that. I have 2 buddies that I seemed to have a very intense love/hate relationship with. They were like me in a lot of ways, but in another sense they would kill me, especially their outlook on situations. After learning MBTI, I was able to typeset them both as INTJ, and I had them both take the test, and they both came out as INTJ. One of them, in typical INTJ fashion, agreed to take the test, just to prove me wrong, that he wasn't INTJ. LOL.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
One of them, in typical INTJ fashion, agreed to take the test, just to prove me wrong, that he wasn't INTJ. LOL.

Whatever gives us a triumph over those evil INTJs is great. :devil:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I came here when i wasn't in a very good place. Having always enjoyed psychology and reading people, it seemed only natural to pursue it further here. Previous to that point, i didn't even know all this existed.

For me, although learning so much and buying some bloody expensive books on the subject. I don't feel at the moment like i have gained enough information on the subject. Don't get me wrong, i have learn't so much already. Maybe its just my curious nature or something.
I think i still have a ways to go. I am enjoying it however.

Need more SJ's though. :)

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Yeah we don't thrive in places like this.
Backed.

If TypoC were a garden, we'd be the weeds, and god damn it if there isn't a lot of weed-b-gone on this motherfucker.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm glad that the Roundup didn't get you, Beat.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Backed.

If TypoC were a garden, we'd be the weeds, and god damn it if there isn't a lot of weed-b-gone on this motherfucker.

Weeds taste good!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They're busy and inclined to lose interest quicker than Ns in the kind of theorizing that goes on on this forum. Aside from that, SJs don't get enough love here, comparatively speaking, so there's little motivation to stick around.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Aside from that, SJs don't get enough love here, comparatively speaking, so there's little motivation to stick around.

:wubbie::wubbie::wubbie::wubbie::wubbie::wubbie:

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
They're busy and inclined to lose interest quicker than Ns in the kind of theorizing that goes on on this forum. Aside from that, SJs don't get enough love here, comparatively speaking, so there's little motivation to stick around.

Does the lack of love for an SJ really affect your motivation?

It doesn't for me. I find it funny that people feel that way.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ

:wubbie::hug::devil::wubbie:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can imagine that an ISFJ, who are by my experience very Fe-intensive, would feel very keenly repeated and inexplicable rejections of their person, especially over something that is only a theory. I find it hard to take myself after a while. Someone like Giggly is a very kind and accepting person, and when that is not only NOT reflected, but actually THWARTED, it confuses and hurts her, and it would hurt me as well.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can imagine that an ISFJ, who are by my experience very Fe-intensive, would feel very keenly repeated and inexplicable rejections of their person, especially over something that is only a theory. I find it hard to take myself after a while. Someone like Giggly is a very kind and accepting person, and when that is not only NOT reflected, but actually THWARTED, it confuses and hurts her, and it would hurt me as well.

Oh Pinky :wubbie: you lovely ball of human beauty, I know who loves me. :hug:

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I didn't think SJ's liked MBTI, especially if they don't fit their type perfectly.