User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 72

  1. #41
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SubjectA View Post
    I didn't think SJ's liked MBTI, especially if they don't fit their type perfectly.
    Amen. It drove me up for the wall for months as i didn't fit the profile perfectly. Now, ahhh, it is what it is.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    MBTI also helps you understand others; it makes sense of the quirky things they do.
    I agree. I actually got into this MBTI thing by reading a book about speed reading people. Some of the descriptions are amazing accurate. However, I would imagine, someone of my own personality type being introduced to MBTI by being given a test and then their own description would not think much it simply because they won't find it helpful.

  3. #43
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    I think the overall reason is that SJ's are very involved in the real world and are pretty usually committed. I think we are in need of more SJ's in here.

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    SJ's got a small P-ness xD
    Haha that's not true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    SJs don't get enough love here, comparatively speaking, so there's little motivation to stick around.
    It's true that SJ's don't get enough love in here. We are misunderstood, mostly by N's in here. Basically just stereotypes going around... ISTJs are boring, ESTJs are controlling, ISFJs are over-emotional, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Does the lack of love for an SJ really affect your motivation?

    It doesn't for me. I find it funny that people feel that way.
    If anything, the hate increases my motivation to stay here. Makes me more determined to spread my SJ message.

  4. #44
    Senior Member SubjectA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post

    It's true that SJ's don't get enough love in here. We are misunderstood, mostly by N's in here. Basically just stereotypes going around... ISTJs are boring, ESTJs are controlling, ISFJs are over-emotional, etc.



    If anything, the hate increases my motivation to stay here. Makes me more determined to spread my SJ message.
    The Sensor prejudice among a lot of NTs drives me fraking bananas. I get very disappointed when such intelligent people succumb to the same brand of thinking that leads to things like racism and sexism.

    It's good to know you're not frightened away by it though!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #45
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SubjectA View Post
    The Sensor prejudice among a lot of NTs drives me fraking bananas. I get very disappointed when such intelligent people succumb to the same brand of thinking that leads to things like racism and sexism.

    It's good to know you're not frightened away by it though!
    Well- I know.
    Most of the people in here are getting better though.. Because its obviously unintelligent to say that sensors are unintelligent. Which defeats the whole purpose of saying it. I don't let it bother me because no one IRL would ever say that about me, which is what matters. (and a lot of my friends are young smart male NT's! how 'bout that?) Anyone on here whose saying things like that are just trying to make themselves feel special.

    Hey, we sensors could have easily put N's in our types as well when we first logged on. JUST for the purpose of making people automatically think that we're intelligent. But we didn't..

  6. #46
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    S peopple are more prone to take things just as they are, and don't pay attention to reasons why things are as they are. This leads them to ignore things like personality theories. I wouldn't be here, if my NF friend would have told me about the MBTI. I never had been interested in psychology or anything else like that before, but the MBTI helped me to understand myself a lot. So, if it wasn't for NF curiosity of people's personality, there would be one SJ less here.
    Yeah, I've found I like to know the facts but not as naturally interested in why something is the way it is, just more interested in the fact that it is that way. Some of my relatives (who happen to be N) have often wondered why I don't have a higher curiosity and been disappointed by that fact. Thank goodness for my great factual memory though.

  7. #47
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Does the lack of love for an SJ really affect your motivation?

    It doesn't for me. I find it funny that people feel that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    It's true that SJ's don't get enough love in here. We are misunderstood, mostly by N's in here. Basically just stereotypes going around... ISTJs are boring, ESTJs are controlling, ISFJs are over-emotional, etc.



    If anything, the hate increases my motivation to stay here. Makes me more determined to spread my SJ message.
    I think here, we have an example of how badly the SJs were classified together. A good example of immense difference between ISFJ and ISTJ. I think, as Te users, you'd more inclined to consider deailing with the hostility as sort of a challenging task, where as the ISFJs, being Fe users, are much more hurt by it, and don't really find purpose or entertainment in it.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  8. #48
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I think here, we have an example of how badly the SJs were classified together. A good example of immense difference between ISFJ and ISTJ. I think, as Te users, you'd more inclined to consider deailing with the hostility as sort of a challenging task, where as the ISFJs, being Fe users, are much more hurt by it, and don't really find purpose or entertainment in it.
    Well, I don't like whining because it simply makes people hold their feelings in instead of expressing them.

    Although I dislike like conflict, and worse, apathy, I find it more useful to at least try to understand a persons feelings.

  9. #49
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    It's true that SJ's don't get enough love in here. We are misunderstood, mostly by N's in here. Basically just stereotypes going around... ISTJs are boring, ESTJs are controlling, ISFJs are over-emotional, etc.

    If anything, the hate increases my motivation to stay here. Makes me more determined to spread my SJ message.
    +1. I was actually drawn to this site because of the prejudice (specifically, anti-ESTJ prejudice). That's why I started my Q&A thread </advertising> Seriously, though. Great post.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  10. #50
    Iron Maiden fidelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Posts
    11,132

    Default

    Speaking of which, it's been pretty quiet lately. What's up with that EJCC. I think if no one hands in a question, you could just add something interesting that you think we'd like to know. I think I dominated it a little too much before!

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] A theory about SJs and mistyping
    By Zeego in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-13-2016, 03:42 PM
  2. [SJ] Newbie right here!
    By cutyjess in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-01-2015, 06:27 PM
  3. Hi, cut the grass here
    By disregard in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 11:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO