User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Habba - That's great to hear! Do you think that it's mostly only problems that motivate SJs to check it out?
    Well, I think S types are more prone to read what's told, and then just take it as granted. They don't reflect much on it, and don't let it affect their lives much. They have other means to get past problems. They ignore them.

I have seen many S people getting past personality problems just simply ignoring them. Where N (especially NF) types might try years to solve their personality traits and understand themselves completely, S people just accept what they are, rather than just understanding themselves. It saves them a lot of time and leaves room for something else.

I might even say that NF types might come up with new problems trying to solve their own personalities. It might become somewhat an endless loop. In this case, ignorance is bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Plus, like Halla said, they feel like all they need to know is the basic stuff, and they aren't so driven to learn more. (Short attention span, perhaps? Who knows?)
    Don't you mean Habba?
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Don't you mean Habba?
    Shiznit! Dumb dumb dumb! Sorry!!!!! *runs away*

*runs back* It's fixed now.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Hahaha, Habba that's funny about NFs creating new problems. Ever so true!

However, what about all the Ss that marry Ns that won't ignore the problems too? Or what about the Ss that beget little Ns? I want to know!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    EJCC - What made you decide to pursue it? I know that you like it because you can look at it objectively, but what sent you there in the first place? (You don't have to tell if you don't want to, of course). Why is enneagram scarier? You seem quite self-aware, so I assume that you assess yourself and ponder some of those things. I'm not sure how I feel about it either, but I'm just wondering what it is for you.
    Sorry I missed this post earlier! I decided to pursue MBTI because
    1. I saw a mention of Myers-Briggs in a webcomic called Dresden Codak, and wondered "what is that?", then Google searched it and took the test;
    2. I read my type description and my mind was completely blown; and
    3. I love the idea that people's bizarre quirks can be EXPLAINED, and that the weird things I do (that I always knew I did) are weird things that I share with many, many other ESTJs. So, I suppose, the only introspection involved in it, for me, is figuring out WHY I do the things I do. Enneagram is different for me because I have to dig down deep to even REALIZE that the type description fits me - and when I realize it does, it is NOT good news. (See my other post for more elaboration.)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    <awkward_rant>
    She HATES MBTI, because the type descriptions told her that she'd be a good secretary. When you want to become an artist (which she does), and somebody tells you that you should work a desk job instead, it doesn't exactly make you feel good.
    Careers for ISFJ Personality Types

This also lists:

# Interior Decorators
    # Designers

These are both creative artsy roles.

I think the disclaimer is good too. We are much more likely to be successful at anything we have passion for.

The following list of professions is built on our impressions of careers which would be especially suitable for an ISFJ. It is meant to be a starting place, rather than an exhaustive list. There are no guarantees that any or all of the careers listed here would be appropriate for you, or that your best career match is among those listed.
    I 60% / N 60% / T 64% / P 76%

You always get what you settle for.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    Well, first it was just nice to know thing. "Oh, I'm ISTJ.. well, that explains why I never went to parties."

But I got more interested in it when I became depressed. We talked a lot about life and people in general... for countless hours. During the process, I found out that being an ISTJ is not that easy as we are very prone to depression. I also found out that it's my personality type that gives me difficulties relating with people.

I also found out what so great about ISTJs. I had rarely though positive thoughts about myself, but now I can take pride for being one of the most reliable, caring (shown through actions, rather than expressing feelings) and intelligent person in my life. I don't need to be the most popular and handsome, when I already have those qualities in me. Essentially I was all the time trying to be something what I wasn't, and typology showed me how great I already was.
    MBTI also helps you understand others; it makes sense of the quirky things they do.

My sister is ENFP- my exact opposite, and I used to HATE her. She drove me crazy. While age and life has put those things that drove us nuts as kids behind us, me understanding her MBTI solidified my understanding of her. It was like 'Okay, she did most of what she did out of nature and not to make my life miserable'.

I like it for that. I have 2 buddies that I seemed to have a very intense love/hate relationship with. They were like me in a lot of ways, but in another sense they would kill me, especially their outlook on situations. After learning MBTI, I was able to typeset them both as INTJ, and I had them both take the test, and they both came out as INTJ. One of them, in typical INTJ fashion, agreed to take the test, just to prove me wrong, that he wasn't INTJ. LOL.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    One of them, in typical INTJ fashion, agreed to take the test, just to prove me wrong, that he wasn't INTJ. LOL.
    Whatever gives us a triumph over those evil INTJs is great.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ESFJ

I came here when i wasn't in a very good place. Having always enjoyed psychology and reading people, it seemed only natural to pursue it further here. Previous to that point, i didn't even know all this existed.

For me, although learning so much and buying some bloody expensive books on the subject. I don't feel at the moment like i have gained enough information on the subject. Don't get me wrong, i have learn't so much already. Maybe its just my curious nature or something.
    I think i still have a ways to go. I am enjoying it however.

Need more SJ's though.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Yeah we don't thrive in places like this.
    Backed.

If TypoC were a garden, we'd be the weeds, and god damn it if there isn't a lot of weed-b-gone on this motherfucker.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I'm glad that the Roundup didn't get you, Beat.