• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Can SJs be bribed?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I was just thinking about that recently. SJs believe strongly in rules and order, and I'm curious... how far does this go? Are they "too good" to take bribes, or can they be persuaded for the right amount?

Not to do anything crazy, mind you. Just perhaps to "overlook" certain pieces of information, or "forget" to make note of something.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But the real question is, can NFs be bribed not to make threads like this?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I've bribed an SJ before and it didn't take much prodding. I think weighing the choice between "doing what's right" and "providing for his family" was a no-brainer.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
But the real question is, can NFs be bribed not to make threads like this?

I can, anyway (though I doubt INFPs could). How much will you offer me? ;)

I've bribed an SJ before and it didn't take much prodding. I think weighing the choice between "doing what's right" and "providing for his family" was a no-brainer.

That makes sense to me. After all, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone and does something positive for you... why not?

I think that theoretically, you should be able to bribe anyone who values something else in life above justice and ethics (the only other factor might be fear of getting caught). I picture INxPs (especially INFPs) as the types least likely to accept bribes.

For some reason, I imagine that dominant S and dominant N types would tend to be a bit easier to bribe than dominant T or dominant F individuals in general (though not always).

I'd picture even a strongly moral and selfless N-dominant NF seeing their way clear to take the bribe, and then donate it to charity.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm pretty easy to bribe. Most times, I don't need the money and will just do it on a double dare.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
SJs are easy to bribe if you conceal the bribe as part of a process that you create, they identify with, and you allow them to use it and claim it as their own. It's all about giving them their way, but getting what you want out of it too. :whistling:

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Yes, SJs are somewhat east to bribe, if you know how to do it. "Think of your family first" works very well. As loyalty is on high priority for SJs, one just has to find a loyalty that is higher than the SJs loyalty towards his duty, and then use it.

Also, SJs have inferior Ne, which might make them think of all kinds of scenarios, that would justify their bribes. "I work harder than anyone else, but they still pay the same. I deserve this extra money!".

I'd say NFs are far more harder to bribe, since they are idealists, and bribing is essentially completely against ideals. Where S might see an opportunity for extra profit, NF sees a pitfall of unmorality and a challenge of will power.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx

That and a lot of SJs are not above rationalizing bad behavior.

Lesson of the day: not all SJs are honest, not all NTs are smart, not all NFs care about other people, not all SPs are good looking and fun to hang out with.

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
Simple: It depends completely on the bribe!

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't see why SJs can't be bribed.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SJs are easy to bribe if you conceal the bribe as part of a process that you create, they identify with, and you allow them to use it and claim it as their own. It's all about giving them their way, but getting what you want out of it too. :whistling:
Not that you would know about that or anything...

For me, it depends on the issue. If it was something I thought was a moral issue (e.g. paying me to keep silent about something), you pretty much couldn't convince me otherwise. But small things? Very different.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, SJs are somewhat east to bribe, if you know how to do it. "Think of your family first" works very well. As loyalty is on high priority for SJs, one just has to find a loyalty that is higher than the SJs loyalty towards his duty, and then use it.

Also, SJs have inferior Ne, which might make them think of all kinds of scenarios, that would justify their bribes. "I work harder than anyone else, but they still pay the same. I deserve this extra money!".

I'd say NFs are far more harder to bribe, since they are idealists, and bribing is essentially completely against ideals. Where S might see an opportunity for extra profit, NF sees a pitfall of unmorality and a challenge of will power.

Reminds me of Butters's hilariously ESTJ father on South Park, when Paris Hilton offers to buy Butters for $200 million.

"I know this would be traumatic for Butters, but we have to think about the REST of the family!" :)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I'm pretty easy to bribe. Most times, I don't need the money and will just do it on a double dare.

Thats the easiest way to sucker me in.

Everyone has their price, got to find the weakness though.