User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Yeah, I can't help with the first two people or anything.But the guy with OCD that really sucks, hope everything works out for him

But I can relate to people calling me cold or uncaring, not because I don't care. I just don't see the point in showing my emotions on my sleave and be sympathetic towards anyone and everyone.I also don't like being smothered by strangers, their's a handful of people I'd want at my funeral or visiting me in the hospital. Also when I care about someone and they're hurt I don't like crying in front of others. I also process things internally, so instead of my exploding when approriate it be two days later when some one cuts in front of me. Then according to them I'm over reacting maybe I am. Also I would have been like your daughter wishing everyone would leave.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    They both sneer at people with jobs and careers and at phrases like "sense of honour" or "personal dignity" - they think it's a pile of old crap... though my guess is that it's their very overly critical fathers that they're actually trying to 'defy' by saying those things, I think that a large part of why they live the way they do is because they're still locked in a sort of 'rebellion' against their fathers (though Dave's is dead long ago and Adam's hasn't seen him in years).

So WTF is up with all this?
    Now, I really enjoy your posts, substitute. They're usually full of gleaming insight and untrollish satire. However, from that testosterone driven NF-moralizing rant which I say was very un-NTish of you, I'll say the two guys have a chip on their shoulder.

Do you feel competitive with either ISTJs?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    Now, I really enjoy your posts, substitute. They're usually full of gleaming insight and untrollish satire. However, from that testosterone driven NF-moralizing rant ...

Do you feel competitive with either ISTJs?
    No dude, you got me wrong... it wasn't a theorizing thing or a rant, that's what they've said to me themselves, and what they've both said their shrinks have said in the past, which, though they dismiss it, I believe there's more to it and that they only dismiss it because they don't wanna face upto it.

Oh, but if you mean the other thing, in response to the ENFP - well, fire with fire, innit.

And I don't have a competitive bone in my body. In fact, I'm far less competitive than anyone I know. I'm the least competitive person in the world, far less than you or anyone else on this forum. Wanna step outside and prove it?

Oh and...

which I say was very un-NTish of you,
    I wear my type. It does not wear me
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ESTJ

And I don't have a competitive bone in my body. In fact, I'm far less competitive than anyone I know. I'm the least competitive person in the world, far less than you or anyone else on this forum.
    Hahahaha, says the most competitive man on the forum.

Well, carry on...

MBTI
    ENTP

Hahahaha, says the most competitive man on the forum.

Well, carry on...
    Yah, not big on sarcasm then?

And what's this?

Now, I really enjoy your posts, substitute. They're usually full of gleaming insight and untrollish satire.
    You're easily pleased then I thought they were mostly full of shit. The first shit that comes to mind, most of the time... heheh...

(no, seriously though, thank you, I shall treasure that compliment. I don't get many personal ones so I have to usually take all the general ENTP ones personally to satiate my fragile ego )
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    ESTJ

You're easily pleased then I thought they were mostly full of shit. The first shit that comes to mind, most of the time... heheh...

(no, seriously though, thank you, I shall treasure that compliment. I don't get many personal ones so I have to usually take all the general ENTP ones personally to satiate my fragile ego )
    Dude, sure you're not an INFP?

Alright, just kidding, just kidding! Every ENTP I've come across have had big egos. But they can take it as much as they dish out. Not to mention, but they're also good at recognizing their weaknesses where others attempt to hide them. That is why they are so lovable.

MBTI
    ENTP

Alright, just kidding, just kidding! Every ENTP I've come across have had put on an act of having big egos to cover up how insecure they really are.
    ooOO(Ah, he's fallen for the old trick...)

There you are - fixed.

But really, I wouldn't know a 'value' if it bit me on the ass. Amoral, I'd be, completely, if I didn't have someone ruling me with a rod of iron

MBTI
    ESTJ

There you are - fixed.
    I can see now that you prefer to hear what you really want to hear as opposed to what people are saying to you. You must have a vivid imagination.

MBTI
    ENTP

Dude, you're pretty odd... someone tries to accept a compliment whilst also having reservations about it because of honesty, and you accuse them of the opposite...? Eh, well I like you anyway

(my usual relationship with ESTJ's - we don't understand each other and never will, so let's not try and just accept that we like each other for some odd reason, and not ruin it by trying to puzzle out why! lol)

MBTI
    GONE

It's only because of me that he ever goes out of his bloody front door at all, and that in the last few months he has been making an effort to see a shrink, though progress is slow. However, I'm not a health professional and I do have my own life to lead, and my own responsibilities, namely a business that employs 14 people and raising two kids (including an autistic one) on my own, plus the recent death of my father, the administration of whose estate (miles away from where I live) has fallen solely to me. I can't revolve my life around him, though I do do far more than anyone else has ever done or considered doing for him - including paid professionals - and far more than is healthy for my physical and mental stress levels. Which, considering I'm not only not related to him and he's just some guy I met randomly in a pub one day, and considering I'm supposedly a cold, sociopathic ENTP, isn't bad going. Where are all those empathic NF's with their strong humanitarian values? Oh yes - they're avoiding him and refusing to talk to him because he's "mean and rude". So fuck you, "frankly".

But this is something that's always pissed me off in the past about some people, who assume that just because someone doesn't get all het up on the outside and panicking, it's a sign of them not caring. Quite the opposite, my gun-jumping friend. Y'know, some of us are able to put our own emotional responses on a backburner in order to put higher priority on the needs of others and the importance of finding a solution to a problem. It's called being calm in a crisis and is a highly valued skill in most societies, not something to be criticised or condemned
    Testy aren't we?

First of all, though I did point out the detached tone of your original post, you'll see that I never accused you of 'not doing enough' or 'not doing more' or even of being uncaring. In fact, I acknowledged you were (I think the inexact quote was) 'the last tether to reality' for one of your friends. And I added that I was afraid for what would happen to him if you were not in his life.

I think perhaps my response hit a nerve with you because of other comments people have made to you -- actually I know so as you followed it up by saying a lot of other people have accused you of being uncaring b/c of the way you react to things.

Well, I was not one of those people. I understand where you're at can be frustrating, and I took your response with a grain of salt as a response to 'all those other people'. I think everyone and even grouped by personality types, can get fed up with other pepole not 'getting them' or misjudging them. After all, I'm also on this board.

It's unfair to jump on me for something I didn't say.

To give more background on where I am coming from, I have known a number of people wiith clinical depression and mood disorders with and w/o suicide attempts, which have at certain points made them barely or nonfunctional members of society and cost them jobs, relationships, and scholarships -- including one or two people with scizophrenic symptoms (having heard voices, illusions of grandeur and superhuman abilities etc.) and online have answered posts from scizophrenic people who don't seem to know they are scizophrenic and moreover "don't feel like doing something artificial like take medication"

In my experience, mental illness is NOT given the seriousness it deserves -- people's attitudes are so cavalier -- which you also alluded to in your explanation of how the public system has failed your friend. That's one thing that very much is in the front of my mind when discussing mental illness with strangers like on this forum.

Also, my statements about the detached tone of your post was formed if you notice as a question. I was ASKING you if you saw the magnitude of the problem. Sure, on your end as the poster and someone who is living it, you know what you know. But, little ole me on THIS side of the screen trying to decipher text with a detached tone to boot -- it's a valid question.

As for the 'NF's being hypocritical and avoiding your friends, that's kinda a sweeping generalization isn't it? How do you know that they are NF's and that ALL NF's are like this and further how do you know I would fall into this category just because I'm listed as "ENFP"? That could probably be another thread in itself

Yes, I get your frustration, I get that people react to situations and relay information in different ways, but dude, you can chill out. I was not condemning you. In fact, I was trying to be of help. As in I'm in your corner, as opposed to facing off against you. My response might not have been what you wanted or expected, but that's the nature of public forums.