• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Do you SJs visit other temperment forums?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
This place has pretty much died.:shock:

I wish there was more activity. I have considered starting new threads, its just hard trying to cater for everyone.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
No, no don't quit please! Rather than catering to everybody in one, just start a bunch. Invite people from other places over. One of the things I prefer in the NF forum is when we get input from other types. It creates far more discussion. It is also the reason why I like to hang out in the Bonfire and Relationships sections. I have really enjoyed the Ask an ESTJ thread. Surely there are people who are getting together/breaking up with/dealing with ESFJs who have questions too. If you'd be the resident lady, I think lots of people would ask questions. People only quit visiting when there's nothing going on. Seeing as some areas of the forum are less SJ friendly, why don't you bring other people over to your turf instead?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This place has pretty much died.:shock:

It seems to be most active when unsuspecting new posters come in here asking questions. Poor saps. lol

I have considered starting new threads, its just hard trying to cater for everyone.

I'm not all that much into typology so unfortunately I rarely have questions to put in the specific temperament forums but I am naturally curious about people in general so whenever I have a question I just ask on one of the general forums. The people here are usually really great with answering.

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
One of the things I prefer in the NF forum is when we get input from other types. It creates far more discussion. It is also the reason why I like to hang out in the Bonfire and Relationships sections. I have really enjoyed the Ask an ESTJ thread. Surely there are people who are getting together/breaking up with/dealing with ESFJs who have questions too. If you'd be the resident lady, I think lots of people would ask questions. People only quit visiting when there's nothing going on. Seeing as some areas of the forum are less SJ friendly, why don't you bring other people over to your turf instead?

That is a good idea. I second it.

Ozz

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I visit mostly the SJ, SP, and the NF forum. Some discussion in the NT forum gets a little technical/theoretical and I can't really relate to them. Actually, the analysis in the NT forum are fun to read, but I find it hard to come up with them.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
NFs on occasion.

I'm not real active in any of the temperament forums though, including SJ.

Exodus

MBTI Type
NeTi
SJ types prefer statements, and rarely want to know "why, or what if"
NT types are rarely satisfied with an answer.

We are anethema to one another, because the SJ wants to make a statement and be finished, move on. The NT see's this as being controlled, or that the SJ is a brick wall and won't discuss. Once the NT attempts to further discuss, the SJ see's the NT as being argumentative and selfish.

Neither side can put themselves in the others shoes.

I have spent a lot of time trying to understand SJ types, my entire family is comprised of them. I felt very alienated for most of my life. Now I am beginning to understand you guys. I have learned to not question things, because you guys need to make a statement, and have someone do it. That makes you jolly inside.

NT types need to discuss and think out ideas, pretty much the complete opposite of what you do!

I can't believe SJ types even post in forums like this.

Oh and don't get me wrong, I think you all have some great traits, so I can get along with SJ types, disagreement is the problem.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
SJ types prefer statements, and rarely want to know "why, or what if"
NT types are rarely satisfied with an answer.

We are anethema to one another, because the SJ wants to make a statement and be finished, move on. The NT see's this as being controlled, or that the SJ is a brick wall and won't discuss. Once the NT attempts to further discuss, the SJ see's the NT as being argumentative and selfish.

Neither side can put themselves in the others shoes.

I have spent a lot of time trying to understand SJ types, my entire family is comprised of them. I felt very alienated for most of my life. Now I am beginning to understand you guys. I have learned to not question things, because you guys need to make a statement, and have someone do it. That makes you jolly inside.

NT types need to discuss and think out ideas, pretty much the complete opposite of what you do!

I can't believe SJ types even post in forums like this.

Oh and don't get me wrong, I think you all have some great traits, so I can get along with SJ types, disagreement is the problem.

OK, i am not stalking you. ;)

Do i like making statements .. Yes, however, i do like asking why?????? (why, why, why, why, really pisses some people off .. so i have to hold back but it is only due to me being curious)

I like to find out why you hold the views you do and usually offer a different explanation .. I am always flipping the coin so to speak.

I don't find you argumentative and selfish .. when the mood is playful.
Sometimes you have views/opinions that are so rigid, you are unwilling to be flexible .. OR you are just being stubborn. :D

I don't have a problem thinking out and discussing ideas. I do go to the NT forum and check out what you lot are dissecting. There is no point me arguing along with you though as you lot are doing a grand job yourself. I would be only repeating what some/most have already said and that's a waste of my time.

Now .. Face to face .. I love playful/informative discussions. I don't like things getting heated though as i'll get just as stubborn as you .. then it becomes stalemate. That's no fun.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I come to the SJ forum because:

1) I can bug D@v3 in his blog. :D
2) One of my best friends in the world is ISFJ, my sister and mother are both SJ, and let's face it: it's an SJ world.
3) I find it's the temperament I understand the least, and therefore benefit most from interacting with here.

Basically, you guys are the mysterious ones, not the Ns, as we'd like to believe. :D