• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Do you SJs visit other temperment forums?

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Well, we stop the discussion when everyone has stated their opinion.

Where we stop:
NTs would start arguing who holds the absolute truth.
NFs would start a smiley war.
SPs change the topic or starts trolling.

We are the only people the behave.

And no, I rarely visit them other boards. Over-the-top social ENFPs drive me away from NF boards, ESxPs drive me from SP forums, and NT-techno babble makes me bored.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
:hug: I love your simple truths. :D

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I've wondered about whether you people check out the rest of the sections as well. I can imagine you not enjoying the NFs wordiness or some of the things they tend to wonder about. However, one big lack that I see on the forum is an understanding of SJs. I am a little sorry that some of the N types have written you off without further investigation and much of what they believe is erroneous. For that reason I have found your forum interesting to peruse and also benefitted greatly from the Ask an ESTJ thread and the other STJ threads.

Because I don't know any SFJ types well enough to have theories about, have fought with, or have informed questions for, I have not done much delving. I do feel woefully ignorant about them though and suspect that I know quite a few but don't recognize which ones they are. When I started a thread to get help identifying ISTJs, someone in the bonfire or feedback area made a comment about all these threads seeming like stalking and being redundant anyway. I was fairly new at the time and felt a bit embarrassed. I found it petered out fairly quickly anyway and I still didn't feel sure, so haven't pursued it much since.

Do you think that there is more of a matter-of-fact, what is is vibe here that makes you less likely to wonder about other types? I tend to like looking in people's heads to see how the gears work, but I have come to understand that not everyone is interested in that. So, for you SJs, what is it that you get out of coming to the forum?

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I mostly just visit and post in this forum. I will sometimes look at things like Relationships, A&E, and the Outdoors forum because those things interest me to some degree. I'll take a peek in the other temperament forums, but I often either get very bored or very frustrated.

My purpose for being on this forum is practical. When I look at the NT forums, it's to see if there is anything that could aid me in my relationship with my ENTJ boyfriend. When I look at the NF forums, it's to see if there's anything that can help me understand my INFP mother better. However, I rarely participate in discussion on those forums unless it's a topic where input is requested from my type of temperament or if I have a question to ask someone regarding their temperament.

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
I like the lighthearted bantering and seeing those I know. I love making them laugh. In reality I don't have many friends, being in another country and not wanting to socialize too much anyhow. This gives me the chance to socialize without feeling like I am intruding upon someone else.

You will find us SJ's easy to get along, very agreeable, don't do debates, and caring. I don't know about others, but sometimes I feel like I am looking from the outside in. There is a lot of outside activity, I just can't keep up, and get involved in it all. Hence, on the outside looking in. As for the SJ forum, there isn't a lot of hub-bub activity it is pretty mellow and not strenuous in a very mental sort of way. Just throw some green verns up and we would all sit around very happy. :happy2:

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I read them a lot (hey, more information to soak in, I just read everything), but I don't post in them a lot. Intuitives are usually not coming to the NF and NT sections to see more SJs, they get that at work or school or everywhere. :jew:

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
The activity on the SJ Guardhouse just recently has gone through the roof. It really does make a refreshing change. :)

Eiddy

Pronounced eye-ee-dee
MBTI Type
DEAD
Enneagram
1w2
I read them a lot, but I don't post in them a lot. Intuitives are usually not coming to the NF and NT sections to see more SJs, they get that at work or school or everywhere. :jew:

So true, they do make that painfully apparent at times. Although, there are some that I just find so interesting that I don't care how they perceive SJs or SFJs in general. I figure once they get to know eventually they will come around and they will usually notice when I am there. What I do appreciate more than anything is the PM's I get from quite a few of them, when we compare our cognitive processes and how we perceive other people in real life to be, that have the same functions. Also I enjoy memorizing processes to figure things out and we help explain it to each other.

I will flirt in certain threads, but in blogs and PM's it takes a whole life of it's own in communication that has nothing to do with female/male type of things. Even more interesting this can go on for days on end. But in a thread it would just drop dead. :D

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
I've noticed that as well. Good work!

Although Ns see a lot of SJs in real life, we very rarely have access to finding out how your minds work. I find all of the real life SJs I am close to either unable to articulate it or uncomfortable doing so with me because the stakes are too high. Here, on the other hand, you can duck out anytime you want and you are much less vulnerable. I have found this an incredible resource both in dealing with my ISTJ dad (sifting through what is personality and what is individual), as well as the aftermath of a five year relationship with an ESTJ. I have come to appreciate both people much more after talking to those of you who contributed. I think Ns in general need to recognize that they have a rare resource here which is unusual in most forums and they should take advantage of it. I usually have a lot of SJ students, administrators and teachers at my school, so I need all the insight I can get.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I have ever gone into the other forums, but not often and I don't usually post there.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do every once and a while, if only just to browse around and not post anything. It just gets so slow over here! I wish I could post here exclusively, but recently there's been a lot of stuff about ISFJs, and the only ISFJ that I know irl is unhealthy (I think). But anyways, I post in the NF and the NT forums whenever I have an appropriate story to tell (e.g. an anecdote about an INTP that I know) that's relevant to the topic at hand (which, honestly, isn't often).

In the past few weeks, though, I've pretty much stuck with my advice thread.

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
You guys really need to up the activity in here! It's a learning experience. :)

I like snooping around in here sometimes because it's kind of refreshing. Very simple with no frills. That and SJ's in general don't seem to be too interested in controversy. It seems like in the NT forums, someone walks in and says something a bit off color, and the thread nearly explodes. It's like stepping in a hornets' nest.

But I don't see a lot of SJ's in the NT hornets' nest, except for the occasional xSTJ. Are we that scary? ;)

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
It's like stepping in a hornets' nest.

But I don't see a lot of SJ's in the NT hornets' nest, except for the occasional xSTJ. Are we that scary? ;)

You answered your own question. SJs aren't too keen in invoking conflicts. Actual, quite contraty we seek to end them. And we are busy doing real stuff, instead of trying to "Win teh Internet". :happy:

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
SubjectA - NFs find your hornet's nest scary sometimes and we are more okay with controversy than SJs generally! I find that discussions there get derailed by proving who's right (dispassionately, but still...) and stomping over details to make sure things are very precise and accurate. NFs are too lazy to be bothered with providing sources plus we like overgeneralizing, SPs are busy stirring up some fun, and SJs don't like the conflict and are busy keeping the wheels of daily life turning. It's too bad though, because some of the ideas you guys discuss are interesting and would be useful to learn from. I duck in now and then for fun though.

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
SubjectA - NFs find your hornet's nest scary sometimes and we are more okay with controversy than SJs generally! I find that discussions there get derailed by proving who's right (dispassionately, but still...) and stomping over details to make sure things are very precise and accurate. NFs are too lazy to be bothered with providing sources plus we like overgeneralizing, SPs are busy stirring up some fun, and SJs don't like the conflict and are busy keeping the wheels of daily life turning. It's too bad though, because some of the ideas you guys discuss are interesting and would be useful to learn from. I duck in now and then for fun though.

We're busy entertaining the idea of self-cleaning clothes by utilizing free electrons, ATM. ENTP's idea. This could get interesting. ;) Thanks for the input, though! I know we can get so busy with nailing down the smallest detail until it's right, which lead to some heated arguments. Hence the affectionate nickname. :p

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I spend most of my time here in the SJ and SP sections, and the other general topic forums. I don't usually think to go into the NF or NT forums, but occasionally there will be a thread on the main page in one of those forums that catches my eye so I'll check it out, but if the thread is too long, I'll lose interest and end up skimming it for the posts made by the people I like.