User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Yeah, commitment is a big factor as well, because kids aren't like other commitments, you don't have the option to just drop out and be like, "Well it wasn't for me." If you want kids and end up having kids thats a commitment you make for life, not just something you can disown at your discretion! lol
    Yeah, at 31, with this bleak economy situation and rising costs, let alone this crazy world, I don't want to bring a kid into the world to experience it. No sir.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Yeah, at 31, with this bleak economy situation and rising costs, let alone this crazy world, I don't want to bring a kid into the world to experience it. No sir.
    I disagree with that statement, I think life is the greatest gift a human can give, and hey, everyone from the dawn of time has had to experience the "horrors of the world" it's just a part of life.

MBTI
    INTJ

I disagree with that statement, I think life is the greatest gift a human can give, and hey, everyone from the dawn of time has had to experience the "horrors of the world" it's just a part of life.
    Well there you go. It makes all the sense in the world to me. When things are better for humankind, I'll bring a life into the world.

Until then, I'll have over one of my 20+ nieces or nephews for a weekend of fun, then come Monday ship em back home!

Or I could have one night of unplanned, unprotected fun (with my wife) and start planning to be a daddy. I wouldn't be too disappointed at that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well there you go. It makes all the sense in the world to me. When things are better for humankind, I'll bring a life into the world.

Until then, I'll have over one of my 20+ nieces or nephews for a weekend of fun, then come Monday ship em back home!

Or I could have one night of unplanned, unprotected fun (with my wife) and start planning to be a daddy. I wouldn't be too disappointed at that.
    You completely disregarded my statement. What I'm saying is that the "badness" of the world as you so put it, is just a fact of life. Since the dawn of man we've been faced with extermination and we've managed to succeed surviving through all this time. That's the basis of human life right there - survival. I'm not trying to preach to you like saying "HAVE A BABY NAO!!111!!" or something like that. On the contrary. All I'm saying is that regardless of the times, it's always going to be bleak, and whether or not you have the kid soon or 20 years from now, the world's outlook will always be "bleak." There will always be something wrong with the world to give people like you an excuse to not have a kid, when in reality it's always going to be like that. It's not like world peace will ever be achieved! It's not in our nature, it's a bunch of bullshit! So there's always gonna be something that makes the world "bad" and your kid is just going to have to face it, just like you did when you were a kid and just like the rest of the world has to at some point or another.

MBTI
    INTJ

You completely disregarded my statement. What I'm saying is that the "badness" of the world as you so put it, is just a fact of life. Since the dawn of man we've been faced with extermination and we've managed to succeed surviving through all this time. That's the basis of human life right there - survival. I'm not trying to preach to you like saying "HAVE A BABY NAO!!111!!" or something like that. On the contrary. All I'm saying is that regardless of the times, it's always going to be bleak, and whether or not you have the kid soon or 20 years from now, the world's outlook will always be "bleak"
    Okay, that makes more sense. You have a good point. Maybe I'll never have a kid in this world, at my rate.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Okay, that makes more sense. You have a good point. Maybe I'll never have a kid in this world, at my rate.
    Yeah whatever, but don't come crying to me when you're 50 and realize that you should've had your kid 20 years ago.

MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah whatever, but don't come crying to me when you're 50 and realize that you should've had your kid 20 years ago.
    LOL I won't. I'll get a puppy. LOL

MBTI
    ESFJ

No, get a cat. They come and go as they please, in the house of course, can't let them out.
    You also have to walk a dog, come rain or shine.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

resorting to "lols" doesn't back you out of a netgument, i know that all to well

MBTI
    INTJ

resorting to "lols" doesn't back you out of a netgument, i know that all to well
    Oh, we're arguing? LOL.

What I see is you've got your viewpoint on it, but regardless of what you say, I'm going to stick to mines. No need for me to keep asserting my point over this forum. I'd rather see you in person, have a good drink, and go at it face to face, if it needs to continue.

At the rate this world is going (worse than ever), I'm not inclined to reproduce. If it happens, I'll accept it and be a good father, but it's not in my immediate plan.

I don't know what MBTI type it is, but they like to argue for the sake of arguing. IZ is not that type.