• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ISFJ vs. ESFJ

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
One more question, do you ESFJs do a lot of introverted activities like reading? My mom's always been a bookworm. But at the same time, she likes being involved in competitive group sports and games.

Another point of interest... it seems SFJ guys are -very- different from SFJ girls... or do y'all disagree?

I do love reading, i just need to tear myself off the computer to actually read them though. I enjoy playing games online like Bejeweled, Luxor and Tetris as it is my time, although i will be competing against others, i do it when i am ready.

I am not sure if i know any SFJ guys.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
First of all, yay! An ISTP is asking about SFJs! :D

Second of all, this is probably not representative of all ESFJs but I know several of them and they loooove to have parties/get togethers that they host themselves. All the time. They love to have lots of people around them. The more the merrier. They seem happiest when this is occurring. As an ISFJ, I like to have get togethers occasionally because I like to bring people together to celebrate (esp holidays, special events) but I'm at my happiest state everyday around just 1 or 2 people or alone. I crave this after being around lots of people. Also from my observations ESFJs seem to be more socially curious than ISFJs. Meaning the ESFJ is more inclined to test the waters of different social situations just to see what they are about, but more than likely won't stick around in any situation that's too "weird". The ISFJ, OTOH, will do less testing of the waters. The ESFJ is braver than the ISFJ.

Okay, I'm done talking out of my ass in this thread. lulz

wrldisquiethere

MBTI Type
xSFJ
Enneagram
2w1
One more question, do you ESFJs do a lot of introverted activities like reading? My mom's always been a bookworm. But at the same time, she likes being involved in competitive group sports and games.

Sorry to bring this topic back up, but I haven't been on here in awhile and just now saw this question.

I am not much of a reader anymore, but I used to read quite a bit. I definitely do require some quiet time away from the rest of the world on a fairly regular basis. Usually I satisfy that by taking a long bubble bath while reading or by snuggling up alone to watch a movie and eat a snack. :)

I think the reason for this is that I have to have some time that I feel is "me" time. It's hard to explain without sounding arrogant, but I feel like much of my time is spent living for everyone else around me. That doesn't necessarily mean I'm sacrificing for other people all the time, but that I am almost always thinking first and foremost about the people around me and how I am affecting them. My little bit of alone time is the time I get away to do nothing but just relax, forget about everyone else, and just "pamper" myself, so to speak. Perhaps ask your mom what it is that appeals to her about having her alone time and you will find that the answer is actually reflective of the ESFJ personality even though it appears to be introverted.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
ESFJs are more hostesses.

Defintely agree with this. And this:

They love to have lots of people around them. The more the merrier. They seem happiest when this is occurring.

ISFJs I know are all prone to be more melancholy. It takes more effort for me to talk them out of their "funk" than with an ESFJ who bounces back with minimal words of encouragement.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks guys.. that was really helpful. :) And Rachelpina: Awesome point... I think that about helps me verify my mom is an ESFJ. My ISFJ friend takes -forever- to get out of a funk, and nothing I do seems to help. But whenever I provide like... a few encouraging words to my mom, she seems to really appreciate them and visibly cheers up.

Edit: Oops... I meant ESFJ not ENFJ

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Thanks guys.. that was really helpful. :) And Rachelpina: Awesome point... I think that about helps me verify my mom is an ENFJ. My ISFJ friend takes -forever- to get out of a funk, and nothing I do seems to help. But whenever I provide like... a few encouraging words to my mom, she seems to really appreciate them and visibly cheers up.

Minor things tend to roll off me, but major things can really put me into a funk. I am prone to depression. You won't really see me throwing a fit because there is no soy milk left, but being jerked around at work or having a relationship go really bad or something gets to me.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Minor things tend to roll off me, but major things can really put me into a funk. I am prone to depression. You won't really see me throwing a fit because there is no soy milk left, but being jerked around at work or having a relationship go really bad or something gets to me.

Yeah, I think my mom is the same way, she just doesn't always want to express it to me because she wants to protect me. She really is one of the strongest people I know. These past few years, she's been through a LOT, but she keeps going. When the going gets tough, she get's tougher. There's moments when she breaks down... Like when two of my siblings wrongly accuse her of things and are unsupportive of her (Even though that's the least of her problems, it's like the straw that broke the camel's back). Again, all she needs is a few words of encouragement from me, and she just keeps going. ESFJ or ISFJ or whatever she is... you SFJs can really surprise people with your strength sometimes. :D

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
Another point of interest... it seems SFJ guys are -very- different from SFJ girls... or do y'all disagree?

Yes, I agree with this. I still can't figure out ISFJ-boyfriend, which is probably a good thing... surely keeping my interest.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I think my mom is the same way, she just doesn't always want to express it to me because she wants to protect me. She really is one of the strongest people I know. These past few years, she's been through a LOT, but she keeps going. When the going gets tough, she get's tougher. There's moments when she breaks down... Like when two of my siblings wrongly accuse her of things and are unsupportive of her (Even though that's the least of her problems, it's like the straw that broke the camel's back). Again, all she needs is a few words of encouragement from me, and she just keeps going. ESFJ or ISFJ or whatever she is... you SFJs can really surprise people with your strength sometimes. :D

Sweetest post ever. ::wubbie:

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, I agree with this. I still can't figure out ISFJ-boyfriend, which is probably a good thing... surely keeping my interest.

Yeah... I can't tell you how long it took to type one of my best guy friends that was an ISFJ. He was damn impossible and wouldn't give me a lot of feedback. I'd show him ISTJ, ISTP, INTP, etc. profiles... and he'd be like "Eh... kinda. Not really. I think I'm extroverted maybe." But once I finaalllyy figured out he was an ISFJ (They act all macho! I never guessed an F at the beginning!), he took one look at the profile and said: ".... Okay, yep."

Sweetest post ever. ::wubbie:

:hug:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

This is me too. :yes:

I always test borderline introvert.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
^^^ Lmao. Nice one. Perv.

I'm the brown haired one, you have to hit me first though. :)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
No, I'M the brown haired one, and you have to hit me first. :steam:

Babe, i so can't do blonde, pale complexion. If i just push you ever so slightly then you can throw me in the water, OK? :newwink:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
The brunette is clearly the I. Watch it again.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
OK. Giggly, you're the brunette, i'll be the blonde.

Lets make out. :wubbie: