User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    I

Actually I think the best way is to ask the ISTJ to be honest and if you're annoying them.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

From my experience, ISTJ's really don't like it if a person seems insincere with them because trust cannot be created.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    From my experience, ISTJ's really don't like it if a person seems insincere with them because trust cannot be created.
    Seems obvious. I'm trying to imagine how it would be otherwise.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    Generally, if I'm annoyed by someone, I just avoid them because then that way I don't have to pretend to be nice. So basically, if he's not avoiding you like the plague or trying at all costs to get out of a conversation with you then you're probably fine.

You're both introverts, so don't necessarily wait for him to engage you in conversation...if you always wait for him to take the initiative he'll probably think you're the one that's annoyed with him. If you want to have some sort of friendship with him, take a little initiative and just make yourself visible within their daily/weekly routine. Find some common ground to talk about, and just wait...he'll come around and will start to warm up to you a little.

IMO, ISTJs are blunt people...we just have to be comfortable enough around you to let you see it.
    +1

I will avoid (I will be "quieter" than usual with) someone if I am annoyed by them. And/or I will straight up tell them bluntly that they are annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Actually I think the best way is to ask the ISTJ to be honest and if you're annoying them.
    ^This too. If you ask me if you are annoying me, I'm going to tell you the truth. Plan and simple. And if you're not being sincere, in what you say (aside from joking around and such) then you are pretty much wasting my time! I don't like playing games! Just be yourself.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah I hate expending valuable time and energy on falsehoods.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Yeah I hate expending valuable time and energy on falsehoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    ^This too. If you ask me if you are annoying me, I'm going to tell you the truth. Plan and simple. And if you're not being sincere, in what you say (aside from joking around and such) then you are pretty much wasting my time! I don't like playing games! Just be yourself.
    Yup, there you have it. An agreeable response to this thread.

MBTI
    INTJ

Thanks everyone

Damn, introvert-introvert relationships can be hard to read sometimes

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Glass Forest View Post
    An ISTJ i know has "I don't want to be mean" personality factor, which can manifest itself through him being nice to people even when they are annoying him,...

I wish there was some way i make him brutally blunt over night :P
    I think I have that, too. Though when someone's annoying me, obviously it's difficult to show anything more than forced politeness.

If he's that way, he may not say, "yes, you're being kind of annoying" when you ask him. If you rephrase it by assuming he already thinks you're annoying, you may get more info. As in, you tell him, "I'm sorry if I've been annoying you," as it shows that you are aware of your own annoying behavior, and automatically makes you more virtuous in his eyes. What I'm saying is that even if he had been annoyed by you, with that approach he may soften up already.

If not enough to turn his opinion around, it will probably at least expose it. Meaning, if he hasn't been annoyed by you, he will just say that: "You're not annoying" with a confused look that implies "why would you think that?" Otherwise, he will take it as you admitting that you've been annoying and haven't meant to be, in which case he will probably downplay it with "It's okay" or something similar.

The good part about this approach, though, is that even if he had been annoyed, this kind of thing will really clear some tension from the air afterward.

Well, that was a little specific. I'm going through that based on what I might have said and done if I'd been the possibly-annoyed person. It's also how I've learned to bring up this "being annoying" issue with others.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    I think I have that, too. Though when someone's annoying me, obviously it's difficult to show anything more than forced politeness.
    haha "Forced Politeness" That's so true!

Anyway, is this a romantic relationship? If so then he probably WON'T tell you bluntly, unless you ASK him to be blunt about it. Until then, the forced politeness runs his mouth.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    enfp

If you have to ask the question, then you are obviously NOT annoying the ISTJ. I have NEVER had to ask, as the answer has always been totally obvious. And I knows me a plenty o' ISTJ's. Yes sir.