User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    I wonder if there is a significant difference between how temperaments would react to doing something against the law, assuming they never got caught. Just reminds me of an ENTP friend who kept talking about how he'd do stuff as long as he had a button to reverse time. I wasn't so keen on the stuff that would hurt other people.
    It depends what kind of crimes they are, if they're petty or more serious offenses. Also it depends on the person's conscience, something I don't think can be measured by MBTI (I could be wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    It depends what kind of crimes they are, if they're petty or more serious offenses. Also it depends on the person's conscience, something I don't think can be measured by MBTI (I could be wrong).
    Yeah. I figured the whole conscience thing wouldn't be solely defined by type, so I was just wondering if there's even a small correlation at all.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    I wonder if there is a significant difference between how temperaments would react to doing something against the law, assuming they never got caught. Just reminds me of an ENTP friend who kept talking about how he'd do stuff as long as he had a button to reverse time. I wasn't so keen on the stuff that would hurt other people.
    Yes, I'd say there is a correlation, with ESTPs being the most likely to break the law. And with ISFJs the most likely to obey the law. But that's just my theory.

I also think there was a site that said INTPs were most likely to get drug and alcohol violations in college. Which was true in my case.

MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

• What kind of effect will breaking this rule have on other people?
    • What kind of effect will breaking this rule have on me personally, even if no one else ever knows about it?
    • Who set the rule? Is it fair? How important is their authority and respect to me?
    • What are the possible consequences for breaking this rule, no matter how unlikely?
    • Is this something I will regret later and will cause me to lose respect for myself?
    • Will breaking this rule cause me to be insincere and inconsistent in how I appear to live my life (IOW, will this make me a hypocrite)?
    • Is this the only time I will be tempted to break this rule and something I can consider an exception, or will breaking this rule tempt me to get into the habit of breaking it in the future?
    • What is the purpose for this rule? Can I break the rule while not violating the purpose for the rule?
    • Will breaking this rule benefit me in any way?
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

"I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Yes, I'd say there is a correlation, with ESTPs being the most likely to break the law. And with ISFJs the most likely to obey the law. But that's just my theory.

I also think there was a site that said INTPs were most likely to get drug and alcohol violations in college. Which was true in my case.
    Here's a good site on the types and 'most often' or 'highest type to' statistics. They're based on actual factual evidence, too: Facts About the 16 Myers-Briggs

Examples:

ISTJ: Overrepresented among men at risk for heart attack - more than 3.5 times the proportion in Myers' high school sample.

ISFJ: One of 4 types in college reporting the lowest level of assertiveness.

ESTP: Among the highest in college retention.

ENTJ: Ranked 1st of all 16 types in using physical coping resources.

INFP: In national sample, with INTPs, most dissatisfied with the work they do, where they work, and future work opportunities, and likely to leave job.

etc.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

ISTJ: Overrepresented among men at risk for heart attack - more than 3.5 times the proportion in Myers' high school sample.
    Nice. Proof that you ISTJs worry too much for your own good.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Nice. Proof that you ISTJs worry too much for your own good.
    Haha I won't argue with that one. The stats don't lie.

heart on fire

...Also it depends on the person's conscience, something I don't think can be measured by MBTI (I could be wrong).
    Yes, I was asking the question with the idea that all types can and do break rules but I was more wondering what the internal dialogue and justification process would be.

MBTI
    ESFJ

96% of the time, i won't break any rules or laws.

The other 4% though, well, i have to question how bad it goes against my morals and values and if my actions could possibly hurt anyone else.
    If i am just doing something silly, like using selotape to strap someone to a chair, thats not hurting anyone. I am aware i am not being sensible.
    Same with driving, 37 in a 30 zone, if i am not hurting anyone, then its OK.
    I suppose i just rate each experience at the time.

Adultry .. Never.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    96% of the time, i won't break any rules or laws.

The other 4% though, well, i have to question how bad it goes against my morals and values and if my actions could possibly hurt anyone else.
    If i am just doing something silly, like using selotape to strap someone to a chair, thats not hurting anyone. I am aware i am not being sensible.
    Same with driving, 37 in a 30 zone, if i am not hurting anyone, then its OK.
    I suppose i just rate each experience at the time.

Adultry .. Never.
    Yeah...and I'd say that a lot of the time when I am breaking rules it's when I don't realize that I am.
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

"I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg