User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default ISTJs- How Many of you are sticklers for schedules?

I feel in the last few years my life has been a mess.....mostly because I've been off a schedule. Since flexibility seems to be the call of the day at work and in some other areas of life, I have felt unorganized for the last few years.

I took Monday off and was able to clean a room in my house, and after doing some reflecting, I've realized that I really need a schedule and to stick with it. I read before that there are some ISTJs who are married to their schedules, but it never occurred to me that a good consistent schedule is what I need.

So between Monday and now I'm mapping out a schedule, doing some trial and error, with the hope that it will get me back on track.

How many of you out there live and die by your schedule?

MBTI
    ISTJ

I feel the same way, I don't really have a schedule set in stone. At work, things are flexible just like you said. It's kind of annoying.

I feel a lot better when I have a schedule however, that does not mean I live and die by it. I still like to have a few tentative things on there.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I don't have a routine that I repeat the same time every day. (I do have routines with steps that go in the same order every time.)

What I usually end up doing is plan out the day, or whatever stretch of time is needed to complete something, then I use that schedule for that time-frame. Before I do it, I move tasks around in my mind into an order that seems it will work best.

Would I want a routine? I don't know... I have felt pretty sloppy and unorganized in recent years, too.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ESFJ

IZthe411 .. Did you find though that the flexibility in work helped in some way to not require a schedule 24/7? (Sorry, poorly worded)
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    IZthe411 .. Did you find though that the flexibility in work helped in some way to not require a schedule 24/7? (Sorry, poorly worded)

The ability to be flexible is a good thing- If that wasn't the case I wouldn't have been able be successful there. While I was flexible, I felt unorganized, and in some respects (mostly personal), things would not get done, and it made me feel worse.

Since I'm one to get stuck on one thing at a time, whatever else is necessary gets pushed to the side- in my mind. For instance, I am notoriously late paying bills (for those where there's no autopay)- because, if I don't schedule time to write bills, they won't get done. So if I schedule 9am-930 to write checks, if something happens and that doesn't happen, I won't write checks, maybe for weeks.

I don't need the 24/7 schedule though. Like Cimarron and d@v3, I need the basic structure, not something rigid with no room for movement.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Since I'm one to get stuck on one thing at a time, whatever else is necessary gets pushed to the side- in my mind. For instance, I am notoriously late paying bills (for those where there's no autopay)- because, if I don't schedule time to write bills, they won't get done. So if I schedule 9am-930 to write checks, if something happens and that doesn't happen, I won't write checks, maybe for weeks.

I don't need the 24/7 schedule though. Like Cimarron and d@v3, I need the basic structure, not something rigid with no room for movement.

*Vision going dark, feeling light headed, possible fainting moment coming on*
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

your resident asshole

I don't really have a schedule to follow. But things are pretty uneventful at my house. There wouldn't be much to put on a schedule.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    *Vision going dark, feeling light headed, possible fainting moment coming on*

LOL Yes it's that bad!

MBTI
    ESFJ

See don't get me wrong. In the past i was sooo anal when it came to getting everything done on time. Bills were NEVER late :P, everybody knew their role etc etc.

Recently, although i started putting money into my savings account to cover my bills for the month. I have given up on that idea and just keep all the cash in my current a/c. I roughly know when they are due, if the cash is not in there, oh well, just go into my overdraft until i check my online banking. Now i just go with the flow. Don't stress the little things anymore.
    Just stress my personality type.
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

OMG I hate admitting this because it's such an SJ stereotype but I love routines and schedules. What can I say? They are comforting. I love them. I am sooo lost without my Palm. I function better with schedules when it comes to work or my other responsibilities. (Is everyone not like this???) When it comes to play I prefer that it not be scheduled and I will cringe if it is. I feel like my responsibilities are so scheduled, why should I have to schedule fun things too?

As for bill paying, I'm really good at that by now, and yes, I do schedule it haha. I even find it fun. (Oh gawd, I'm sounding more and more "SJ" by the minute. )

Izthe411, you may want to keep checking back for autopay with each company that you pay to. More and more companies are setting it up.