• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJs- How Many of you are sticklers for schedules?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Ahh, but that just means that you are over scheduled. And I suspect that you prefer it that way (I only say this cos you remind me so much of my sister, who I love dearly). Am I wrong?

Yes, my life is planned to the second. And I hate it so much. I wish there was a way to be busy and keep my schedule free... maybe one there will be a pill. *sigh*

But even before life became this crazy, I always resented having to do things at a certain time. I understand the importance of a schedule or a routine, I just don't get how one can take comfort in one. It sucks the life out of me.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But even before life became this crazy, I always resented having to do things at a certain time.

Really? You always resented it when you had to do things at a certain time? Why? I have heard this sentiment echoed here before and I don't understand it. For me, I may not like it when someone wants me to do something at a certain time when I don't feel it's necessary but I don't really have that strong of a reaction to it and I end up just doing it anyway. I only react strongly when I simply can't do what they want cos I have something else planned yet they keep insisting on that time. But the way schedules are complained about on here, I don't get it. Could you explain it to me? I'd like to understand.

And, on that note, I have something I'm scheduled to be doing right now so I have to bow out of this thread for a little while. ahahaha

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Really? You always resented it when you had to do things at a certain time? Why? I have heard this sentiment echoed here before and I don't understand it. For me, I may not like it when someone wants me to do something at a certain time when I don't feel it's necessary but I don't really have that strong of a reaction to it and I end up just doing it anyway. I only react strongly when I simply can't do what they want cos I have something else planned yet they keep insisting on that time. But the way schedules are complained about on here, I don't get it. Could you explain it to me? I'd like to understand.

And, on that note, I have something I'm scheduled to be doing right now so I have to bow out of this thread for a little while. ahahaha

It's because I'm always doing something and I have to stop to do something else. It annoys me. I don't like having to change my present world around to fit some unreal one. There is rarely a need for anything to be done on a schedule, unless it involves medicine. I don't know, it just pains me. Especially when I am designing something. If I think of something I might want to build, I just do it then and there. To put my project down just because it's time to do something else is annoying. This is the reason why I don't have a dog or kids.

I don't care about the most efficient way. People have told me I should go to the grocery store on my way home from work because it's right near the subway and the store closes early. But who cares? I don't feel like schlepping bags on my way home. So I go home and chill out and get around to shopping when I am ready - like 2am, or whatever.

This may mean that I might have to leave my borough to find a 24 grocery store that has items I need (there are many 24 hours stores near me, but they are small). And because it's so late, I'll most likely take a taxi both ways, which adds to the expense. But I don't care about being efficient - the world will not end. I don't mind paying extra to do what I want to do, when I want to do it.

Actually, I've just been ordering my groceries online for the past year or so. But this can get even more annoying, since you have to schedule the delivery time in advance. :doh:

jazzyidahovandal

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Haha! I'm very schedule-oriented. When I became unemployed a year ago, it completely messed things up for me! It's funny, now that i'm working (even though I'm underemployed), I'm happy to be back into a routine and a schedule.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I'm not ISTJ, but I find a schedule too strict makes me feel boxed in, whereas no schedule at all drives me up a wall.

I need information, and a general plan of how things are going to go down that day, and I feel comfortable with it.. It isn't so much "at 3oclock, I'll start math, and promptly end at 4:30." as "This afternoon I have time for math homework so I'll do that then.." .. I am pretty consistent, however, in when I start and finish my exercise routines and when I eat.

Bunco

MBTI Type
ISTj
I like to have a basic schedule planned out ahead of time, but I'm perfectly comfortable leaving it and doing something completely different if a better idea presents itself or if my plan proves to be unsuccessful. I'll just come up with a new plan on the spot every time it needs to be changed. :D

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It isn't so much "at 3oclock, I'll start math, and promptly end at 4:30." as "This afternoon I have time for math homework so I'll do that then.." .. I am pretty consistent, however, in when I start and finish my exercise routines and when I eat.
There you go, I'm pretty much the opposite. I do the first one, but not the second.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I try not to do exact timeframes, as they rarely work, but I do want to have an idea of what I want to do. Otherwise I tend to be lost LOL

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I try not to do exact timeframes, as they rarely work, but I do want to have an idea of what I want to do. Otherwise I tend to be lost LOL
Me too! Without a to-do list, I feel so aimless. I don't think I could run my own life without a schedule.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
What do you need to "run" in your own life. Aside from some social events, it's usually the same stuff all the time... Work, laundry, bills. What about that needs scheduling?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Is this really how I'm going to be when I'm older? This thread makes me D:.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What do you need to "run" in your own life. Aside from some social events, it's usually the same stuff all the time... Work, laundry, bills. What about that needs scheduling?
It's pretty much: 1. social events, 2. meetings/classes, and 3. deadlines. Without a schedule for those things, I get paranoid that I'll forget about them... and sometimes I do. Which feels absolutely horrible. I get the feeling, though, that as the years go on, I'll get better at that sort of thing. But in the meantime, I don't trust myself without a planner and/or a schedule.

ldzpplin518

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I don't usually keep a schedule, but I do like having a to do list. I use google calendar and tasks to help keep track of things that I need to do. I'll put the most important thing at the top and work my way down the list. I've found that it makes me more efficient because the most important things always get done.

jazzyidahovandal

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I have my google calender for when bills are due, meetings, and other events. I have such a routine down, I know what I need to do after work. I don't do things at a certain time, but in a time frame. I just make sure I get things done before bedtime :)