half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Ahh, but that just means that you are over scheduled. And I suspect that you prefer it that way (I only say this cos you remind me so much of my sister, who I love dearly). Am I wrong?
    Yes, my life is planned to the second. And I hate it so much. I wish there was a way to be busy and keep my schedule free... maybe one there will be a pill. *sigh*

But even before life became this crazy, I always resented having to do things at a certain time. I understand the importance of a schedule or a routine, I just don't get how one can take comfort in one. It sucks the life out of me.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    But even before life became this crazy, I always resented having to do things at a certain time.
    Really? You always resented it when you had to do things at a certain time? Why? I have heard this sentiment echoed here before and I don't understand it. For me, I may not like it when someone wants me to do something at a certain time when I don't feel it's necessary but I don't really have that strong of a reaction to it and I end up just doing it anyway. I only react strongly when I simply can't do what they want cos I have something else planned yet they keep insisting on that time. But the way schedules are complained about on here, I don't get it. Could you explain it to me? I'd like to understand.

And, on that note, I have something I'm scheduled to be doing right now so I have to bow out of this thread for a little while. ahahaha

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Really? You always resented it when you had to do things at a certain time? Why? I have heard this sentiment echoed here before and I don't understand it. For me, I may not like it when someone wants me to do something at a certain time when I don't feel it's necessary but I don't really have that strong of a reaction to it and I end up just doing it anyway. I only react strongly when I simply can't do what they want cos I have something else planned yet they keep insisting on that time. But the way schedules are complained about on here, I don't get it. Could you explain it to me? I'd like to understand.

And, on that note, I have something I'm scheduled to be doing right now so I have to bow out of this thread for a little while. ahahaha
    It's because I'm always doing something and I have to stop to do something else. It annoys me. I don't like having to change my present world around to fit some unreal one. There is rarely a need for anything to be done on a schedule, unless it involves medicine. I don't know, it just pains me. Especially when I am designing something. If I think of something I might want to build, I just do it then and there. To put my project down just because it's time to do something else is annoying. This is the reason why I don't have a dog or kids.

I don't care about the most efficient way. People have told me I should go to the grocery store on my way home from work because it's right near the subway and the store closes early. But who cares? I don't feel like schlepping bags on my way home. So I go home and chill out and get around to shopping when I am ready - like 2am, or whatever.

This may mean that I might have to leave my borough to find a 24 grocery store that has items I need (there are many 24 hours stores near me, but they are small). And because it's so late, I'll most likely take a taxi both ways, which adds to the expense. But I don't care about being efficient - the world will not end. I don't mind paying extra to do what I want to do, when I want to do it.

Actually, I've just been ordering my groceries online for the past year or so. But this can get even more annoying, since you have to schedule the delivery time in advance.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Haha! I'm very schedule-oriented. When I became unemployed a year ago, it completely messed things up for me! It's funny, now that i'm working (even though I'm underemployed), I'm happy to be back into a routine and a schedule.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm not ISTJ, but I find a schedule too strict makes me feel boxed in, whereas no schedule at all drives me up a wall.

I need information, and a general plan of how things are going to go down that day, and I feel comfortable with it.. It isn't so much "at 3oclock, I'll start math, and promptly end at 4:30." as "This afternoon I have time for math homework so I'll do that then.." .. I am pretty consistent, however, in when I start and finish my exercise routines and when I eat.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISTj

I like to have a basic schedule planned out ahead of time, but I'm perfectly comfortable leaving it and doing something completely different if a better idea presents itself or if my plan proves to be unsuccessful. I'll just come up with a new plan on the spot every time it needs to be changed.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    It isn't so much "at 3oclock, I'll start math, and promptly end at 4:30." as "This afternoon I have time for math homework so I'll do that then.." .. I am pretty consistent, however, in when I start and finish my exercise routines and when I eat.
    There you go, I'm pretty much the opposite. I do the first one, but not the second.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

I try not to do exact timeframes, as they rarely work, but I do want to have an idea of what I want to do. Otherwise I tend to be lost LOL

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    I try not to do exact timeframes, as they rarely work, but I do want to have an idea of what I want to do. Otherwise I tend to be lost LOL
    Me too! Without a to-do list, I feel so aimless. I don't think I could run my own life without a schedule.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

What do you need to "run" in your own life. Aside from some social events, it's usually the same stuff all the time... Work, laundry, bills. What about that needs scheduling?