• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJs Killing Spontaneity

Unique

I'm a strong P and if you wake me up at 2am I'm going to kick your ass unless its something really cool, but it has to be better than an uninterrupted sleep... and lets face it, how many things come close to that?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Yeah I absolutely hate getting woken up in the middle of my sleep. Because I usually find it hard to go back to sleep, or I end up getting too little sleep.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'm a strong P and if you wake me up at 2am I'm going to kick your ass unless its something really cool, but it has to be better than an uninterrupted sleep... and lets face it, how many things come close to that?

it's always really cool. phenomenal, really.

uberrogo

MBTI Type
istj
Well from what I read in the OP, you were being unreasonable and kind of a jerk.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
you called him at 2am what did you honestly expect? roses? I mean that's just dumb to call anyone 2am, it's 2am most people are asleep, and you're bent out of shape for him being mad? yeah good luck.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I think it's clear from people's responses that the SJ was not at fault here. Don't call people at 2 am unless you know them very well, and know that they are awake at that time.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Someone sent me a text the other morning at 4.16am :steam:
I turned off my phone and went back to sleep without checking who it was.

I gave him hell (in a nice way) when i eventually woke up.

Ozz

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I don't like the idea of late night phone call either. What can't wait until the morning?

Once Google Voice comes to Canada, I'll be handing out that number instead of my real number to prevent this sort sleep disturbing call.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Someone sent me a text the other morning at 4.16am :steam:
I turned off my phone and went back to sleep without checking who it was.

I gave him hell (in a nice way) when i eventually woke up.

seriously? middle of the night texts are hotter than hell. hearing that vibration in the middle of the night (and getting awakened out of even a deep sleep) is hotter than hot. mmmmmmm. i love it!

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
My SJ likes the idea of spontaneity. She just can't handle it actually being executed. At all.

Same with my ESTJ hubs.

Honestly, I am just a planner. I constantly think about what my next move will be, and how am I going to do it as efficiently as possible. If I have obligations to fulfill, forget it...spontaneity loses.

I think the only time you can catch me be spontaneous is if I am on vacation (or completely removed from any and all obligations). Otherwise, I just can't fully enjoy myself. I can force myself to go along with the action of being spontaneous, but my mind never quite allows me to be free of obligation.

Then I must live in my shadow all the time, because I am a plan master grand poobah!

The difference: it's not as much fun.

Because they're SJs and they ALWAYS WIN

There is some truth to that ... there is a fun-squishing component at play.

Tip for you P people - give us a little warning that you want us to suddenly do x, say it's our duty/how much fun it would be/you really want us there, zoom off so we can't refuse, and then come back/call again a little later. That might help to get us used to the new idea so we can actually say yes! Or, it might be just something that works on me.

Yes, that's what I do frequently -- I tell my hubs on the phone about unexpected ideas or plan changes, so he can grumble about them to himself and warm up to the idea by the time he gets home. LOL!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not nice to kill SJs spontaneously.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL I read that at first too - and then I wondered if someone were killing SJs spontaneously or if an SJ were killing spontaneously, then I read again...