User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    I'm not sure if this "love" thing is real, let alone knowing whether you're "in" it or not! I'll have to get back to you [in a few hundred years].

Though I guess if you are both truly happy, that might be a clue?
    How do you define happy? LOL.
    I'm not sure what to expect, man. I'm hoping to get some feedback from ISTJs. I mean, there's nothing wrong with her. She works my nerves, but it's nothing she's doing intentionally. It's just that I've never been in a serious relatonship before, so she's putting me through things most guys have worked through over years of time.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    LOL

Wow- that's a wide open question.....don't you know ISTJs like, no love, no- strive on- STRUCTURE?

I like things to make sense, more or less. Don't put blue in front of me and say it's somehow red. NOOOOOOSIRREEEEEBOB. I'm probably the typical ISTJ, except I don't mindbeing around people. Only when I know I need some me time is when I want and need to be alone.

Me and the mrs have known each other since 2001. We have always 'liked' each other, but for various reasons, we've never really come together over the years. We were always the 2 that everybody thought would be good together, but it never happened. Then in November 2007 I asked her to be my girlfriend- and she told me 'I don't think it would work'. I asked "Why"- she said "I just don't think it's going to work". Fast forward to June 2008. She asks me to lunch and eventually I ask her if she's seeing anyone (I pretty much put her in the 'associate' zone after she told me no, so we haven't talked much at this point). After a few more questions I see she invited me to lunch so that I could ask her out, and I fell for it!!!! :steam:

Long story short- she saw how much I loved my job, and she didn't want to be second to a job - I was a cpa at a big 4 acct firm. She couldn't tell me that was why she didn't see us working out. Well I didn't believe her, so between June 2008 and now we've went from me feeling her out to make sure that was the truth and not some BS, to her realizing that she wasn't going to smile or bat her eyes out of a situation (her former bfs were suckers for that stuff- I wasn't.), to me understanding that as an ISTJ, I had a lot of quirks, and her FP brought them all to the forefront, to now us really spending time together and figuring stuff out.
    That is sooo cool. I do hope everything continues to work out for you both.
    Wide open question, gives you options. As you can see i like people, so i ask question, some people get uncomfortable with it, some don't. I just take that risk and hope for the best.
    What is a CPA??? Fancy word for an accountant.
    Where in the world are you? How old?

This would be so much easier if you added these details to your profile. I feel like i am over probing you now. Lol.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

In my experience with ISTJs, you feel love differently than most types. Er, I might be wrong, but here's my observation:

For most people in this world, commitment is difficult, but love is easy. It is so, so easy to fall in love with someone...but for some reason, you SJs are the crazy bunch that finds it easier to commit first, love later. And that's fine, y'know? But it makes you worry too much about silly things in relationships, overthinking if you're commiting to the right person. One SJ friend of mine in particular did this for a month before realizing she loved her bf. *sigh*

Anyway. A useless N's opinion.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    That is sooo cool. I do hope everything continues to work out for you both.
    Wide open question, gives you options. As you can see i like people, so i ask question, some people get uncomfortable with it, some don't. I just take that risk and hope for the best.
    What is a CPA??? Fancy word for an accountant.
    Where in the world are you? How old?

This would be so much easier if you added these details to your profile. I feel like i am over probing you now. Lol.
    Sorry I didn't set up my profile yet.
    CPA is a certified public accountant- I have a licence to practice accouting in the State of Pennsylvania in the USA.

I'm 31 and live in Pennsylvania.

I'll set my profile up to help you out! LOL

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    In my experience with ISTJs, you feel love differently than most types. Er, I might be wrong, but here's my observation:

For most people in this world, commitment is difficult, but love is easy. It is so, so easy to fall in love with someone...but for some reason, you SJs are the crazy bunch that finds it easier to commit first, love later. And that's fine, y'know? But it makes you worry too much about silly things in relationships, overthinking if you're commiting to the right person. One SJ friend of mine in particular did this for a month before realizing she loved her bf. *sigh*

Anyway. A useless N's opinion.

Thank you Bubbles!
    Most Ns come in with some inexplicable rationalization that I cannot relate to, but that was very concrete.

You are right, I'm about the commitment first, then grow into love, but since everyone is love first, work it out later, all the feedback and advice is based on that. I feel that love grows, so it's not something that is anywhere near mature at the point you say 'I do' or even put a ring on her finger.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Most Ns come in with some inexplicable rationalization that I cannot relate to, but that was very concrete.
    Wheee! Yes! ISTJs in Philly. You guys are everywhere. My roommate is a CPA too!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    Wheee! Yes! ISTJs in Philly. You guys are everywhere. My roommate is a CPA too!
    PA Represent!!!

What's up?

Where are you at in PA?

My sister's who's about 16 months younger than I am, is an ENFP. She drove me NUTS when we were younger! now we're older, I see that we are complete opposites, and it all makes sense!! LOL

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I suppose you want us to tell you that ISTJs just don't fall in love?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I suppose you want us to tell you that ISTJs just don't fall in love?
    Nah, not at all. As with everything, I'm trying to understand. The more informed I am the better I am with approaching a situation.

I am not running from it.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Nah, not at all. As with everything, I'm trying to understand. The more informed I am the better I am with approaching a situation.

I am not running from it.
    Do you want to know if you can fall in love over time? Yes, yes, you can. It helps a lot if you turn what you perceive to be negative traits about her into positive traits. You do this within yourself, or within your own mind.