User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Slightly Expressed- what does it mean

I hate to assume, but if my testing results flip between 'slightly expressed' introvert and extrovert- what does that mean? if I get within a 10% of either, it can't mean that I'm 90% of the other (or can it?).

Help a brotha out!

your resident asshole

I assume that you're only taking one test. Which one would that be?

Anyway... here's a better way to address your problem. Do you get energized or drained from socializing with people?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I assume that you're only taking one test. Which one would that be?

Anyway... here's a better way to address your problem. Do you get energized or drained from socializing with people?
    I took the humanmetrics test- and they give your results in percentages.

I definitely get drained after being with people. I need to sit in my house, ALONE, to get recharge. I know I'm an introvert- but I always test as 'slightly expressed', sometimes coming out on the extroverted side.

I'm just wondering what the slightly expressed behind it means.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post

I definitely get drained after being with people. I need to sit in my house, ALONE, to get recharge. I know I'm an introvert- but I always test as 'slightly expressed', sometimes coming out on the extroverted side.

i probly have no buisness here in the guardhouse, but i would say 'slightly expressed' means somewhat curious about extrovert world....enough curiousity to sacrifice getting a little drained/exhausted from it to learn a bit more about it.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm a "slightly" expressed introvert myself. For me this means I do enjoy people, but they drain me. I can relate to you in needing to be ALONE! to recharge.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I hate to assume, but if my testing results flip between 'slightly expressed' introvert and extrovert- what does that mean? if I get within a 10% of either, it can't mean that I'm 90% of the other (or can it?).

Help a brotha out!
    So you mean you are slightly on the introverted side? That would mean that you are 55% introverted and 45% extroverted.

Some people say that when the values fall close to the middle point of indicater it means we are not completely sure of our identity. It could mean a period of transition from one phase of life into another (like from teenhood to adulthood, or from adulthood into middle-age). Some say people who don't score strongly in either way, are unsure how they should define themselves. They might be pressured by some outside factors, like difficult life situation.

Question: Do you get drained for not having enough of people in your life? Do you feel like you are different from the others, and it's killing you? Someone who scored like you could be indecisive whether he'd like the company of friends more than a productive time alone.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Yes IZ, the scale is weird there. 10% of one thing apparently doesn't mean 90% of the other. They meet and cross over at 0%, I think. Meaning as you get less introversion, you'd go from 10% Introversion, to 5% Introversion, to 0%, to 5% Extroversion, I guess.

In fact, when my sister took that test, she got "1% Thinking". This must mean she's a borderline T/F. If she'd been 99% Feeling, the results would have talked about Feeling instead, it being the much stronger preference in that case.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    So you mean you are slightly on the introverted side? That would mean that you are 55% introverted and 45% extroverted.

Some people say that when the values fall close to the middle point of indicater it means we are not completely sure of our identity. It could mean a period of transition from one phase of life into another (like from teenhood to adulthood, or from adulthood into middle-age). Some say people who don't score strongly in either way, are unsure how they should define themselves. They might be pressured by some outside factors, like difficult life situation.

Question: Do you get drained for not having enough of people in your life? Do you feel like you are different from the others, and it's killing you? Someone who scored like you could be indecisive whether he'd like the company of friends more than a productive time alone.
    With I/E my percentiles are less than 10%

Sensing- moderately (60-75%)
    Thinking- very expressed 85%+
    Judging- moderately (70-75%)

I actually like people. I like getting to know people (in smaller groups), and making connections. Some aspects of getting to know others aren't particularly appealing (like the constant contact 'just to say 'hello' or 'what's up'), but I understand it, and make the effort to do it because I know it's necessary to maintain relationships.

I can actually be the life of the party, the loud, funny one, and the most active of a group including extroverts in a lot of cases. I'm pretty much the most talkative, expressed person of my group at work, not just because in my line of work you need to be an effective communicator, but because I actually like interacting with people.

The consequence of it is that it does burn me out. On Fridays after work I HAVE to have at least 2 hours to myself to sit on my couch and just recharge. No phone, and in some cases no TV, radio or laptop. If I don't get that time Friday night, the rest of my weekend is ruined, until I get that time. And most Saturdays I can't get it first thing, because I have obligations to care for. It's still a learning process; sometimes I won't get that time, wake up crabby on Saturday and coffee won't even help the situation, I reflect and realize I didn't get the time I needed to recharge.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I'm a "slightly" expressed introvert myself. For me this means I do enjoy people, but they drain me. I can relate to you in needing to be ALONE! to recharge.
    Exactly what I think it is. I test slightly expressed introverted, but sometimes it will result extroversion. But most of the time it's introverted, and being that I need that alone time, I know I'm introverted.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Yes IZ, the scale is weird there. 10% of one thing apparently doesn't mean 90% of the other. They meet and cross over at 0%, I think. Meaning as you get less introversion, you'd go from 10% Introversion, to 5% Introversion, to 0%, to 5% Extroversion, I guess.

In fact, when my sister took that test, she got "1% Thinking". This must mean she's a borderline T/F. If she'd been 99% Feeling, the results would have talked about Feeling instead, it being the much stronger preference in that case.
    That's what I think it is. From what I understand you are either one or the other, as a preference.