• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Slightly Expressed- what does it mean

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I hate to assume, but if my testing results flip between 'slightly expressed' introvert and extrovert- what does that mean? if I get within a 10% of either, it can't mean that I'm 90% of the other (or can it?).

Help a brotha out!

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I assume that you're only taking one test. Which one would that be?

Anyway... here's a better way to address your problem. Do you get energized or drained from socializing with people?

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I assume that you're only taking one test. Which one would that be?

Anyway... here's a better way to address your problem. Do you get energized or drained from socializing with people?

I took the humanmetrics test- and they give your results in percentages.

I definitely get drained after being with people. I need to sit in my house, ALONE, to get recharge. I know I'm an introvert- but I always test as 'slightly expressed', sometimes coming out on the extroverted side.

I'm just wondering what the slightly expressed behind it means.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7

I definitely get drained after being with people. I need to sit in my house, ALONE, to get recharge. I know I'm an introvert- but I always test as 'slightly expressed', sometimes coming out on the extroverted side.

i probly have no buisness here in the guardhouse, but i would say 'slightly expressed' means somewhat curious about extrovert world....enough curiousity to sacrifice getting a little drained/exhausted from it to learn a bit more about it.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'm a "slightly" expressed introvert myself. For me this means I do enjoy people, but they drain me. I can relate to you in needing to be ALONE! to recharge.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I hate to assume, but if my testing results flip between 'slightly expressed' introvert and extrovert- what does that mean? if I get within a 10% of either, it can't mean that I'm 90% of the other (or can it?).

Help a brotha out!

So you mean you are slightly on the introverted side? That would mean that you are 55% introverted and 45% extroverted.

Some people say that when the values fall close to the middle point of indicater it means we are not completely sure of our identity. It could mean a period of transition from one phase of life into another (like from teenhood to adulthood, or from adulthood into middle-age). Some say people who don't score strongly in either way, are unsure how they should define themselves. They might be pressured by some outside factors, like difficult life situation.

Question: Do you get drained for not having enough of people in your life? Do you feel like you are different from the others, and it's killing you? Someone who scored like you could be indecisive whether he'd like the company of friends more than a productive time alone.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes IZ, the scale is weird there. 10% of one thing apparently doesn't mean 90% of the other. They meet and cross over at 0%, I think. Meaning as you get less introversion, you'd go from 10% Introversion, to 5% Introversion, to 0%, to 5% Extroversion, I guess.

In fact, when my sister took that test, she got "1% Thinking". This must mean she's a borderline T/F. If she'd been 99% Feeling, the results would have talked about Feeling instead, it being the much stronger preference in that case.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
So you mean you are slightly on the introverted side? That would mean that you are 55% introverted and 45% extroverted.

Some people say that when the values fall close to the middle point of indicater it means we are not completely sure of our identity. It could mean a period of transition from one phase of life into another (like from teenhood to adulthood, or from adulthood into middle-age). Some say people who don't score strongly in either way, are unsure how they should define themselves. They might be pressured by some outside factors, like difficult life situation.

Question: Do you get drained for not having enough of people in your life? Do you feel like you are different from the others, and it's killing you? Someone who scored like you could be indecisive whether he'd like the company of friends more than a productive time alone.

With I/E my percentiles are less than 10%

Sensing- moderately (60-75%)
Thinking- very expressed 85%+
Judging- moderately (70-75%)

I actually like people. I like getting to know people (in smaller groups), and making connections. Some aspects of getting to know others aren't particularly appealing (like the constant contact 'just to say 'hello' or 'what's up'), but I understand it, and make the effort to do it because I know it's necessary to maintain relationships.

I can actually be the life of the party, the loud, funny one, and the most active of a group including extroverts in a lot of cases. I'm pretty much the most talkative, expressed person of my group at work, not just because in my line of work you need to be an effective communicator, but because I actually like interacting with people.

The consequence of it is that it does burn me out. On Fridays after work I HAVE to have at least 2 hours to myself to sit on my couch and just recharge. No phone, and in some cases no TV, radio or laptop. If I don't get that time Friday night, the rest of my weekend is ruined, until I get that time. And most Saturdays I can't get it first thing, because I have obligations to care for. It's still a learning process; sometimes I won't get that time, wake up crabby on Saturday and coffee won't even help the situation, I reflect and realize I didn't get the time I needed to recharge.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm a "slightly" expressed introvert myself. For me this means I do enjoy people, but they drain me. I can relate to you in needing to be ALONE! to recharge.

Exactly what I think it is. I test slightly expressed introverted, but sometimes it will result extroversion. But most of the time it's introverted, and being that I need that alone time, I know I'm introverted.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes IZ, the scale is weird there. 10% of one thing apparently doesn't mean 90% of the other. They meet and cross over at 0%, I think. Meaning as you get less introversion, you'd go from 10% Introversion, to 5% Introversion, to 0%, to 5% Extroversion, I guess.

In fact, when my sister took that test, she got "1% Thinking". This must mean she's a borderline T/F. If she'd been 99% Feeling, the results would have talked about Feeling instead, it being the much stronger preference in that case.

That's what I think it is. From what I understand you are either one or the other, as a preference.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Yeah Humanmetrics has this weird scale which I don't much care for. It's actually a 200% scale, so if it says you're Introversion is at 10, then it means you're 55% introverted, because 10 / 200 = 5%, so 50 + 5% = 55%.