• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] ISFJ's and "cute mode"

heart

heart on fire
yeah... the chain letters... you get this email with hundreds of email addresses on it of people you don't know... and they're now yours to do with as you like. As is your email address now at the mercy of everyone else to whom this thing gets forwarded. Before you know it, you'll be cancelling your domain due to spam inundation and creating a new one, and then these forwarders will be complaining at you for constantly changing your email address. Except that hopefully you'll learn from the experience and keep a hotmail account to give out to people until they show themselves to be trustworthy!

I also *love* (sarcastic) the people who not only put our email address on these massive letters but it also has our real full name in () next to it. Then people act like I am being a jerk because I demand they take our full, real name off. It's mostly family that does this.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
All the SF women I know love their cute mode and use it liberally. I don't think it's just an ISFJ thing. Life must be hugely easy for SF 13 year old girls, judging by how many older SF women seem to love acting that age.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Hmmm.

I get shitloads of jokes emails and i forward them on, only because they are hilarious. I never thought of it that way before, seriously noted.

When my kids were young, i did do the stupid baby talk, but as they grew i tried to use more intricate words to help stimulate their vocabulary.
My sister who is 18 (sp) talks to kids like they are still babies, boc boc, dumm dumm. It grates on me. I could smack her in the head for that one.

I dont know if i do cute mood on here .. i do use smilies often. :blush:

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it's all about being humble. There's a lot of attitudes one can assume when relating to people, but being cutesy and innocent-like is probably the most unoffensive attitude one can take, 'cause if you get mad at them then you look like a jerk. I guess it's usable as a defense mechanism too, in that instance it's less innocent (and way more annoying) IMO.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I mostly see email as a way to trade information and for business. I rarely use it for socializing, unless it's something that's hard to express in spoken words (usually tough subjects). I prefer to communicate by phone or in person otherwise.

As for "cute mode" in the examples substitute gave in the OP, I think they just feel happy and it comes out that way. In the moment. I'm sure they're not always chipper 24/7. As for using "cute mode" to avoid conflict, I think that's mostly done unconsciously and is probably what spirilis said. But yeah, it can be annoying. I knew 2 male INTJ's who acted like that and it made me think they're not paying attention.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
my isfj sister sends me those survey things and a million facebook pokes and other sorts of unnecessary stuff that i never look at.

Lol. My gf sends lots of pokes to everybody, but I never notice that stuff down right there on facebook. When I login and she's present, she always tells me "WTF 342432 notifications!", lol

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I think it's all about being humble. There's a lot of attitudes one can assume when relating to people, but being cutesy and innocent-like is probably the most unoffensive attitude one can take, 'cause if you get mad at them then you look like a jerk. I guess it's usable as a defense mechanism too, in that instance it's less innocent (and way more annoying) IMO.

Humble no, cultivating acceptance yes. I agree with you there that cutesy is a good way to defuse tension... and nobody will get mad at you for doing that... annoyed maybe if you do it too often but not mad. Females do it because we can and it's "safe". :)

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Lol. My gf sends lots of pokes to everybody, but I never notice that stuff down right there on facebook. When I login and she's present, she always tells me "WTF 342432 notifications!", lol

Lmao .. My ex has facebook although we are not friends now. Why though, he never looks at his notifications or requests. He doesn't post anything personal and doesn't like others posting on his wall. So its all PM's. So whats the point of being on a social networking site if you never do anything with it. Just email people you class as friends. :doh:
Is this just an NTJ thing? ;)

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I ignore those little notification things, I think they are extremely annoying. However, I don't mind when people say hi or leave a message on my wall. :D Those stupid facebook app things are annoying though.

I should dig through my list of friends and check out the ISFJs on there and see what on their walls just to see how much spam they have lol.

Eagle should know all about this thread though, didn't he say ALL of his sisters are ISFJ? LOL! The poor fellow. :rofl1:

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I ignore those little notification things, I think they are extremely annoying. However, I don't mind when people say hi or leave a message on my wall. :D Those stupid facebook app things are annoying though.

Indeed.

I should dig through my list of friends and check out the ISFJs on there and see what on their walls just to see how much spam they have lol.

I wouldn't do it for that purpose.

Eagle should know all about this thread though, didn't he say ALL of his sisters are ISFJ? LOL! The poor fellow. :rofl1:

No, all my sisters are not ISFJs the odds are definitely not in favor of it. The two oldest girls in my family are ISFJs.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know 3 who are between average to slightly above. They don't do this to me, but two of them were born prior to 1940 and wouldn't know what to do with a computer if you told them. The one around my age is typically quite straight in writing with the odd poetic flavour. My grandmother gets semi-cutsie when talking to babies, but only a little. My great-grandmother is kind of losing her marbles and only does childish cute stuff when you mention her father (think stubborn angry asian girl reaction done by a 4'9 89-year-old).

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lmao .. My ex has facebook although we are not friends now. Why though, he never looks at his notifications or requests. He doesn't post anything personal and doesn't like others posting on his wall. So its all PM's. So whats the point of being on a social networking site if you never do anything with it. Just email people you class as friends. :doh:

No, I do this too. I do it because friends bugged the crap out of me when I wasn't on it. The only thing you list there is that I do pay some attention to my wall. It's also the only place my mother and younger brother will bother contacting me.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
No, all my sisters are not ISFJs the odds are definitely not in favor of it. The two oldest girls in my family are ISFJs.

Oh, well I was close enough. Two ISFJ's (and how ever many others there are) vs. the lone ISTJ.... :violin:

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
My mum's an ISFJ. Ahh, and don't get me started on an ISFJ's 'cute mode' - virtually live (my) every waking moment at home having to be ready to put up with the embarrassment of it off her. :doh: Like, man... :rolleyes:

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, well I was close enough. Two ISFJ's (and how ever many others there are) vs. the lone ISTJ.... :violin:

Yeah... You know what's worse than an ISFJ?!?! AN ESFJ... Enter, my mom. :)

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Funny, that's EXACTLY what my ISFP friends does. She has the cutesy voice sometimes, forwards the chain emails, and sends me really annoyingly dumb Youtube videos (but funny to her).

My mother is ISFJ and she used to do the cutesy voice to me sometimes when I was a kid to get me to laugh. She doesn't do it very often anymore, though.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Yeah... You know what's worse than an ISFJ?!?! AN ESFJ... Enter, my mom. :)

LOL I know how you feel buddy. My mom is ESFJ, or ESTJ, not sure which. :unsure: I used to say ESTJ but now that I think about it, I'm thinking ESFJ.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

aahah no i'm not so exaggerated, i just forget about notification, but of course i don't dislike people posting on my wall

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
^^^ good for you.

Quick note .. Be nice about the ESFJ mom's .. Just look at how well you two have turned out. :)