• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] ISFJ's and "cute mode"

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
In my experience, all the ISFJ's I know bar one (which totals six), make rather prolific use not only of that annoying habit of forwarding chain e-mails that bring spam and viruses to my inbox, but also these people, though in person they speak like ordinary intelligent human beings, suddenly turn into three year olds when they write anything less formal than a PhD thesis.

Examples from real life:

Hope all me little piggies get on, introduced a new guinea!!! Im addicted!! what am I like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (this woman always makes extremely free usage of exclamation marks)

Cheryl that was you little school cutie!! too late for spelling ha!! going to bed. Night all x (it was unitelligible to Cheryl, too!)

me is off to beddy bye byes soon... gnight you babes mwuah!

yez I know, me wanty just tell yaz anyway ol' silly billy!

And there's another two who, if you look at their Facebook statuses, it's just a constant stream of outrage at the "sick" stuff on the internet that should be banned in their opinion, but expressed in terms that seem to go out of their way to be exhortational yet non-confrontational, things like:

cmon facebook sum sick stuff here dat shouldnt be alloud, tut tut now pull your fingers out guys!

And so it goes on. All of these ISFJ females are people who, in person, are intelligent and articulate. Three of them have degrees (by which I mean proper European degrees :alttongue:), and they don't talk like that.

I guess I'm just wondering what it is that makes them do that, you know, put on this cloyingly cute three year old persona the minute they get into the written format.

I'm not saying all ISFJ's do it, but 90% of the ones I know do, so I wonder if ISFJ's here, both ones who do it and ones who don't, might shed some light on this so I can find it less irritating and easier to restrain the urge to just say something sick and mean to them, deadpan, just to see how they manage to express their upset in cute tones :devil:

Snow Turtle

Yep~ I pretty much do that and act like that in real life. =D

Except I'm the chinese variation that spam their posts and messages with things like: ^^; or =.= or xP or .... or *add oil!* or acccck! (actually that last one was picked up from my INFJ friend) or weeeei.

Then I finish it off with bai bai~

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Do you send forwarded chain e-mails? Cos if you do, I wonder if anyone's told you, or if you're aware of how they become the vehicles for spam and viruses, and are the absolute bane of anyone who owns their own domain?

Snow Turtle

Oh spam email?

Yeah I don't actually do that at all. I'm actually pretty cautious online since I got hacked on neopet (Yes I know) back in 2001. My cousin handed out my password through a fake but official looking website. Generally I stay well away from opening attachments or emails that I don't recgonise, but I'm surprised by how many people do fall for these scams and tricks.

Chain mail suck. There's nothing meaningful behind one, it's just pointless regurgitated feel good or just plain weird messages. Thankfully I never recieve em.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yep~ I pretty much do that and act like that in real life. =D

Except I'm the chinese variation that spam their posts and messages with things like: ^^; or =.= or xP or .... or *add oil!* or acccck! (actually that last one was picked up from my INFJ friend) or weeeei.

Then I finish it off with bai bai~

Aww... :wubbie:

I like those goofy Chinese/Japanese emoticons or anime expressions. I'm not quite silly enough to use them myself, but I'm amused when others do. ;)

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
yeah... the chain letters... you get this email with hundreds of email addresses on it of people you don't know... and they're now yours to do with as you like. As is your email address now at the mercy of everyone else to whom this thing gets forwarded. Before you know it, you'll be cancelling your domain due to spam inundation and creating a new one, and then these forwarders will be complaining at you for constantly changing your email address. Except that hopefully you'll learn from the experience and keep a hotmail account to give out to people until they show themselves to be trustworthy!

Nah, I'm just wondering what's with the cutesy stuff. Emoticons are one thing, but what's with the stupid spelling and literally talking like a toddler?

Snow Turtle

Aww... :wubbie:

I like those goofy Chinese/Japanese emoticons or anime expressions. I'm not quite silly enough to use them myself, but I'm amused when others do. ;)

Hehe. Well it's part of the teenage east-asian culture so I guess it's not that odd when we do it. They really do focus on the cuteness thing over there more so than western cultures.

Which is why you get the most weird things...

3103974697_947b6df14b.jpg

I rest my case.

Snow Turtle

yeah... the chain letters... you get this email with hundreds of email addresses on it of people you don't know... and they're now yours to do with as you like. As is your email address now at the mercy of everyone else to whom this thing gets forwarded. Before you know it, you'll be cancelling your domain due to spam inundation and creating a new one, and then these forwarders will be complaining at you for constantly changing your email address. Except that hopefully you'll learn from the experience and keep a hotmail account to give out to people until they show themselves to be trustworthy!

Nah, I'm just wondering what's with the cutesy stuff. Emoticons are one thing, but what's with the stupid spelling and literally talking like a toddler?

My theory only applies to myself. I don't know whether this is true, especially for ISFJ females. However verbal expression is one of the ways I can express the cute factor within me, because in reality my expressions and actions would give the opposite impression most of the time: I look serious. Sure there are occasions where I'd do cute movements acting silly but most of the time it's not there. So I rely on words to relay the silly aspect that's mostly hidden within me.

What are your ISFJ friends like in person? How expressive are they?

Lightning_Rider

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I never send chain letters, they're annoying and most of them are full of lame garbage.

I do like cute things though and sometimes I will talk cute even in real life to people I love (only females). But I don't go to the extent where people can barely understand me...

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In my experience, all the ISFJ's I know bar one (which totals six)...

I'm not saying all ISFJ's do it, but 90% of the ones I know do...

6 is not 90% of 7. :D

Anyhow, I have known no confirmable ISFJs in person, but all the ones I've spoken to online aren't like that.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
i dunno about them being as annoying as you say, you'd think they'd be good on sensibilities in general... (sounds liek you have met some weird ones). But i do think that they pretend to be a lot stupider than they are, which they often do in classroom settings, and thus the default thing you observe in them is "cute mode", but its really them in their standard "do not create a coveting impression"/"gotta be humble" mode

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
My theory only applies to myself. I don't know whether this is true, especially for ISFJ females. However verbal expression is one of the ways I can express the cute factor within me, because in reality my expressions and actions would give the opposite impression most of the time: I look serious. Sure there are occasions where I'd do cute movements acting silly but most of the time it's not there. So I rely on words to relay the silly aspect that's mostly hidden within me.

What are your ISFJ friends like in person? How expressive are they?

This sounds very plausible, actually. Most of them are quite serious in person and, though I sense that they've a lot of warmth in them, they seem sort of afraid or inhibited from showing it, as though they think other people will just think they're stupid or something. They come across to me as wanting to be taken seriously, and worried that they won't be. So what you say would be an insider angle that I wouldn't have imagined. Thanks for that :)

But i do think that they pretend to be a lot stupider than they are, which they often do in classroom settings, and thus the default thing you observe in them is "cute mode", but its really them in their standard "do not create a coveting impression"/"gotta be humble" mode

That also makes sense, most of the ones I know do dumb themselves down quite a bit. I often see them seeming to totally seethe when someone's talking, and because I know them I know fully well that they could use their knowledge and command of language to put the person in their place, but more often than not they simply keep quiet until the person is gone, and either slag them off really venemously to their closest friends, and/or sorta guilt trip the person that's behaved in a bigoted way or whatever, with this kinda patented method they have of telling them off in a cute way, where rather than attack the bigoted opinion, they instead defend, cutely, the thing the bigot was attacking. This often involves portraying it as little and helpless and therefore it's cowardly and wrong to attack it.

Or something. I'm flailing here LOL

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
all forwarded e-mail > TRASH ;) I don't even look at it. Anyway, I thought all F women talked like that once in a while, no? Hmm...

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
One of my close friends is an ISFJ. She does have a tendency to send ummm humorous emails. Thank goodness there's no massive 100 address forwards though... those things are really unsafe. Usually she just inform us about events etc (around 5 people in the list? just people in the gang). The other ISFJ in the group doesn't really forward anything to us.

Neither of them use cutesy difficult to understand language... although sometimes even I go. All caps and giggly online.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Aww poo. We've been found out. :sadbanana:

I don't send chain emails but I know other SFJs who do.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my isfj sister sends me those survey things and a million facebook pokes and other sorts of unnecessary stuff that i never look at.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My ESFJ mother does this... DAILY.

lumikuu

MBTI Type
infj
one isfj i know does this cutesy baby voice. another isfj i know would prefer to show her serious side and i couldn't imagine her putting on the cutesy act at all.

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
I have a female ISFJ cousin and she doesn't talk in a cutesy voice UNLESS there is a baby around. Then all hell breaks loose.

I have a male ISFJ boyfriend who is very cute and sweet and mocks me a lot with a cutesy voice but he is joking. (I secretly think he just really wants to talk like that but don't tell him I said that)