User Tag List

First 12345 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    yeah... the chain letters... you get this email with hundreds of email addresses on it of people you don't know... and they're now yours to do with as you like. As is your email address now at the mercy of everyone else to whom this thing gets forwarded. Before you know it, you'll be cancelling your domain due to spam inundation and creating a new one, and then these forwarders will be complaining at you for constantly changing your email address. Except that hopefully you'll learn from the experience and keep a hotmail account to give out to people until they show themselves to be trustworthy!
    I also *love* (sarcastic) the people who not only put our email address on these massive letters but it also has our real full name in () next to it. Then people act like I am being a jerk because I demand they take our full, real name off. It's mostly family that does this.

I do it too. Sometimes people are not able to think all clearly so why not make fun?

MBTI
    INFP

All the SF women I know love their cute mode and use it liberally. I don't think it's just an ISFJ thing. Life must be hugely easy for SF 13 year old girls, judging by how many older SF women seem to love acting that age.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Hmmm.

I get shitloads of jokes emails and i forward them on, only because they are hilarious. I never thought of it that way before, seriously noted.

When my kids were young, i did do the stupid baby talk, but as they grew i tried to use more intricate words to help stimulate their vocabulary.
    My sister who is 18 (sp) talks to kids like they are still babies, boc boc, dumm dumm. It grates on me. I could smack her in the head for that one.

I dont know if i do cute mood on here .. i do use smilies often.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

I think it's all about being humble. There's a lot of attitudes one can assume when relating to people, but being cutesy and innocent-like is probably the most unoffensive attitude one can take, 'cause if you get mad at them then you look like a jerk. I guess it's usable as a defense mechanism too, in that instance it's less innocent (and way more annoying) IMO.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I mostly see email as a way to trade information and for business. I rarely use it for socializing, unless it's something that's hard to express in spoken words (usually tough subjects). I prefer to communicate by phone or in person otherwise.

As for "cute mode" in the examples substitute gave in the OP, I think they just feel happy and it comes out that way. In the moment. I'm sure they're not always chipper 24/7. As for using "cute mode" to avoid conflict, I think that's mostly done unconsciously and is probably what spirilis said. But yeah, it can be annoying. I knew 2 male INTJ's who acted like that and it made me think they're not paying attention.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    my isfj sister sends me those survey things and a million facebook pokes and other sorts of unnecessary stuff that i never look at.
    Lol. My gf sends lots of pokes to everybody, but I never notice that stuff down right there on facebook. When I login and she's present, she always tells me "WTF 342432 notifications!", lol
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    I think it's all about being humble. There's a lot of attitudes one can assume when relating to people, but being cutesy and innocent-like is probably the most unoffensive attitude one can take, 'cause if you get mad at them then you look like a jerk. I guess it's usable as a defense mechanism too, in that instance it's less innocent (and way more annoying) IMO.
    Humble no, cultivating acceptance yes. I agree with you there that cutesy is a good way to defuse tension... and nobody will get mad at you for doing that... annoyed maybe if you do it too often but not mad. Females do it because we can and it's "safe".
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Lol. My gf sends lots of pokes to everybody, but I never notice that stuff down right there on facebook. When I login and she's present, she always tells me "WTF 342432 notifications!", lol
    Lmao .. My ex has facebook although we are not friends now. Why though, he never looks at his notifications or requests. He doesn't post anything personal and doesn't like others posting on his wall. So its all PM's. So whats the point of being on a social networking site if you never do anything with it. Just email people you class as friends.
    Is this just an NTJ thing?
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ISTJ

I ignore those little notification things, I think they are extremely annoying. However, I don't mind when people say hi or leave a message on my wall. Those stupid facebook app things are annoying though.

I should dig through my list of friends and check out the ISFJs on there and see what on their walls just to see how much spam they have lol.

Eagle should know all about this thread though, didn't he say ALL of his sisters are ISFJ? LOL! The poor fellow.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]