User Tag List

First 1234 Last

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

i dunno about them being as annoying as you say, you'd think they'd be good on sensibilities in general... (sounds liek you have met some weird ones). But i do think that they pretend to be a lot stupider than they are, which they often do in classroom settings, and thus the default thing you observe in them is "cute mode", but its really them in their standard "do not create a coveting impression"/"gotta be humble" mode

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    My theory only applies to myself. I don't know whether this is true, especially for ISFJ females. However verbal expression is one of the ways I can express the cute factor within me, because in reality my expressions and actions would give the opposite impression most of the time: I look serious. Sure there are occasions where I'd do cute movements acting silly but most of the time it's not there. So I rely on words to relay the silly aspect that's mostly hidden within me.

What are your ISFJ friends like in person? How expressive are they?
    This sounds very plausible, actually. Most of them are quite serious in person and, though I sense that they've a lot of warmth in them, they seem sort of afraid or inhibited from showing it, as though they think other people will just think they're stupid or something. They come across to me as wanting to be taken seriously, and worried that they won't be. So what you say would be an insider angle that I wouldn't have imagined. Thanks for that

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    But i do think that they pretend to be a lot stupider than they are, which they often do in classroom settings, and thus the default thing you observe in them is "cute mode", but its really them in their standard "do not create a coveting impression"/"gotta be humble" mode
    That also makes sense, most of the ones I know do dumb themselves down quite a bit. I often see them seeming to totally seethe when someone's talking, and because I know them I know fully well that they could use their knowledge and command of language to put the person in their place, but more often than not they simply keep quiet until the person is gone, and either slag them off really venemously to their closest friends, and/or sorta guilt trip the person that's behaved in a bigoted way or whatever, with this kinda patented method they have of telling them off in a cute way, where rather than attack the bigoted opinion, they instead defend, cutely, the thing the bigot was attacking. This often involves portraying it as little and helpless and therefore it's cowardly and wrong to attack it.

Or something. I'm flailing here LOL
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ISTJ

all forwarded e-mail > TRASH I don't even look at it. Anyway, I thought all F women talked like that once in a while, no? Hmm...
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

One of my close friends is an ISFJ. She does have a tendency to send ummm humorous emails. Thank goodness there's no massive 100 address forwards though... those things are really unsafe. Usually she just inform us about events etc (around 5 people in the list? just people in the gang). The other ISFJ in the group doesn't really forward anything to us.

Neither of them use cutesy difficult to understand language... although sometimes even I go. All caps and giggly online.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Aww poo. We've been found out.

I don't send chain emails but I know other SFJs who do.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

my isfj sister sends me those survey things and a million facebook pokes and other sorts of unnecessary stuff that i never look at.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

My ESFJ mother does this... DAILY.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    infj

one isfj i know does this cutesy baby voice. another isfj i know would prefer to show her serious side and i couldn't imagine her putting on the cutesy act at all.
    "attic in a basement with a knife serrated, i'll protect you!"
    ~architecture in helsinki

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFj

I have a female ISFJ cousin and she doesn't talk in a cutesy voice UNLESS there is a baby around. Then all hell breaks loose.

I have a male ISFJ boyfriend who is very cute and sweet and mocks me a lot with a cutesy voice but he is joking. (I secretly think he just really wants to talk like that but don't tell him I said that)
    E - 79% I - 21%
    S - 53% N - 47%
    T - 32% F - 68%
    J - 32% P - 68%

ESFP

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

One word: Pengies.