User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I know an ISTJ that works as a wood-sculpturer and alpine guide. He's really really good.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    So how about, for an ISTJ, a fireman or working with animals.

I ask because i have just received my sons school report and it isn't looking good. In most subjects he is either average or below average for his age. Not liking drawing attention to himself, if he is stuck, he wont ask for help. In the UK (and our shitty, make things as easy as possible for the kids policies) my son will be doing his exams over the next 2 years, so if he messes up then he can do a retake and hopefully improve, but the school has chosen subjects (ICT and business studies) which he has no interest in. My kid wanted land and environmental studies but was told it would be to hard for him.

Would the above career moves be good for his personality type?
    Thanks.
    I love land and environmental studies! But... I am not so good with numbers.... It is a major flaw with me I wish I never had it... However, I am good with "hands on" things...
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    I love land and environmental studies! But... I am not so good with numbers.... It is a major flaw with me I wish I never had it... However, I am good with "hands on" things...
    Math is my son's weakest subject. I suppose he is 'hands on' when it comes to cooking and holding the 360 controller . He is a protector though so i suppose it would make sense to go into a career where he can help.
    Thanks
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I would like jobs that I am in charge of organizing a team to complete a task. Enforcing law would also be thoroughly enjoyable. Organizing a law enforcement team would be pretty cool. I also like to work by myself because I trust myself to do a good job.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Math is my son's weakest subject. I suppose he is 'hands on' when it comes to cooking and holding the 360 controller . He is a protector though so i suppose it would make sense to go into a career where he can help.
    Thanks
    Is he ISTJ? He should use what he's good at to find a career.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Is he ISTJ? He should use what he's good at to find a career.
    Oh yeah. He's 14 .. its a funny age. He is good at computer games and being so damn laid back, he does perservere with it. He knows what he likes and knows what he doesn't yet he doesn't come across like he has an opinion sometimes when at other times, you know exactly what he means. He loves animals to the point he wants to adopt all of them in our area as they must be mistreated as being left to fend for themselves outside alone.*tut*. I am going try and steamroll it so he can get his work experience at the RSPCA so he has some insight. Lol. We'll see what happens.
    Thanks.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ISTj
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    LSI

I'm the same way. Thats why I decided to work in an ecology center at a boy scout camp. Other than having to deal with 2,100 scouts over the course of 6 weeks its pretty fun, even though I get overwhelmed sometimes by the amount of people.