• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] how to seduce an ISFJ?

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Step 1: Start up a conversation
Step 2: Move to what that person finds to be real or true in the world
Step 3: Build connections based on those core values
Step 4: Sexualize the conversation with vivid language (though not explicit)
Step 5: Increase the amount of physical contact and increase comfort
Step 6: Profit

WRONG!

Step 1: Wear something slutty
Step 2: Say words to him
Step 3: Go home with him
Step 4: Leave while he's sleeping
Step 5: Take all the money out of his wallet

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
WRONG!

Now how exactly am I supposed to wear something slutty?

Lightning_Rider

MBTI Type
ISFJ
WRONG!

I don't think most ISFJ's would appreciate that... :p

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Step 1: Start up a conversation
Step 2: Move to what that person finds to be real or true in the world
Step 3: Build connections based on those core values
Step 4: Sexualize the conversation with vivid language (though not explicit)
Step 5: Increase the amount of physical contact and increase comfort

LOL! I knew an ENTP wrote that before I even looked at who the poster was.

Hmm.... sexualize the conversation... :huh: How exactly do you do that without being explicit? And how do you know just how much (not too much) increase in physical contact to apply? Wouldn't the increase in physical contact decrease the comfort level? :huh: I mean, we're talking about sweet innocent ISFJ's here after all... ;)

LOL! @ "Profit"... :rofl1:

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50

Hmm.... sexualize the conversation... :huh: How exactly do you do that without being explicit? And how do you know just how much (not too much) increase in physical contact to apply? Wouldn't the increase in physical contact decrease the comfort level? :huh: I mean, we're talking about sweet innocent ISFJ's here after all... ;)

Oh I'm sure it was obvious - we are pretty distinct in our thought patterns.

Well, you sexualize the conversation by dropping as much innuendo as possible, and seeing if that person picks up on it (either verbally or non-verbally). Most people like innuendo and find it to be very fun, and nothing I've encountered with ISFJs indicates any differently - often, they are looking for a way to express their sexuality without the other person thinking less of them. Innuendo gives that person an out, as they could have been sincere about the non-sexual connotation of the whole thing. Even nice girls need to have their sexual nature recognized from time to time.

Physical contact is an intuitive (sorry!) sort of thing. It's all reading body language - if that person does nothing to retract from your touch nor gives any sort of unpleasant reaction, you're ok with what you're doing. Otherwise, back up! ISFJs want to be touched as much as any other person - just by the right people. As soon as you pass the physical contact threshold, they'll be the ones constantly initiating it, if only because you "feel right" and they know that they're building a connection with you.

No, I cannot write a list without giving a shout-out to the Underpants Gnomes, aka my homeboys.

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
BUT are you supposed to be able to do all of this through subtlety? :huh:

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Yeah, how do you know what level of subtlety to choose? I guess the ISFJ's will have to answer that one! :yes:

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
As soon as you pass the physical contact threshold, they'll be the ones constantly initiating it, if only because you "feel right" and they know that they're building a connection with you.

I would LOVE YOU if you would expand on this. Especially what is meant by "feel right." It is totally weird that you said that because it completely applies to things I have been thinking about this week. It's like you read my mind or something...

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I would LOVE YOU if you would expand on this. Especially what is meant by "feel right." It is totally weird that you said that because it completely applies to things I have been thinking about this week. It's like you read my mind or something...

By "feel right", I mean it's as if something fits whenever that person is in your arms - like there's a part of you that you didn't even know was missing until they slipped in right next to you. Now that you know that this part is out there, you can't let it slip away, or you'll feel incomplete and unfulfilled again.

Likewise, now that this person has entered your life, you need this person to know that no matter where they go, they will be a part of your life, either in presence or in memory from this point until the end. That no matter where life may take the two of you, a piece of this person will remain in your heart forever. Not only that, you hope they feel the same way about you, and if they do, that you two will always remain connected and intertwined because of this.

That's what "feeling right" is. That somehow, the interaction of the two people, their spirits, their auras, whatever you want to call it, interplay with each other as two sound waves interact in order to create a harmonious tone.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

You think too much...just do it man. But yeah onemoretime knows what he's talking about, definitely.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. do not EVER move their stuff in a chaotic way, I've done it, they become supremely agitated by it, and hide that agitation from you until it explodes.

2. probably give them some kind of space, and don't challenge them to logical debates, and avoid criticizing them as much as possible.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
By "feel right", I mean it's as if something fits whenever that person is in your arms - like there's a part of you that you didn't even know was missing until they slipped in right next to you. Now that you know that this part is out there, you can't let it slip away, or you'll feel incomplete and unfulfilled again.

Likewise, now that this person has entered your life, you need this person to know that no matter where they go, they will be a part of your life, either in presence or in memory from this point until the end. That no matter where life may take the two of you, a piece of this person will remain in your heart forever. Not only that, you hope they feel the same way about you, and if they do, that you two will always remain connected and intertwined because of this.

That's what "feeling right" is. That somehow, the interaction of the two people, their spirits, their auras, whatever you want to call it, interplay with each other as two sound waves interact in order to create a harmonious tone.

*Huge sigh* :wubbie:
You hit the nail on the head (for me anyway).

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1. do not EVER move their stuff in a chaotic way, I've done it, they become supremely agitated by it, and hide that agitation from you until it explodes.

Unless they know you're doing it on purpose to wind them up; then it becomes amusing for the two of you. :D I wouldn't overdo it though.

ARGH. I've recently started talking to a guy and we're getting on really well. It turns out he's ISFJ. Staggered out of a year-long relationship with one, just to smack right into another. :doh: I'll be lurking in this thread from now on for tips.

He also makes gender-related teasing remarks. *rubs hands together* He doesn't know what he's getting into, starting a verbal duel with an INTP. :D

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram

That is so romantic! How does an ENTP know this!?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
That is so romantic! How does an ENTP know this!?

I figured out recently that going through life living only by one's head was about the least logical way of going about things. I would be missing out on a huge chunk of the human experience if this were to be so.

It also came about in a seemingly weird way - through the study of hard science. We know these things exist, and that they're the result of neurochemical reactions within the brain. A great deal of evidence is also piling in on the function of pheromones in the human body. Another person's chemical makeup can be so harmonious with your pheromonic receptors that you literally do not know how you lived without their presence.

The biggest jump, however, was in the full internalization of the social nature of humans. A man is not meant to be alone, no matter how introverted his nature may be; we couldn't survive that way. Therefore, it follows that the greatest sense of contentment comes from fulfilling social impulses - love, essentially (Fe speaking here).

How does this relate to being an ENTP? Well, I guess the best way of explaining it is in the same way one explains music, alluded to earlier. Music is mathematics - the expression of a relationship between multiple compressional waves over a period of time. However, that only tells me the objective reality of it. The way the brain interprets these patterns are completely different from person to person, so that what is euphonous to one is cacophonous to another. So it is with human interaction.

On the surface, romance is nothing but the assemblage of behaviors in order to produce a desired result - sexual intercourse. That doesn't tell me about how romance is, however, just how it works. That's easy, old hat, and boring. The interesting part is the reaction that it engenders.

At these moments, my Ti function lights up to let me know that it's a rush of norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine that is causing these effects - this allows me to have a bearing on the situation. This has usually derailed me in the past; nothing is less romantic than someone trying to think through romance. What I've been working on is letting the Ne take over in these situations - what do I do to follow the pattern. Fe jumps in and says "well, what would you want to have happen if you were in her position, having these sorts of restrictions and based on this information". Then, I just act upon it.

What learning about types has brought me is an understanding that others go through this process in a completely different way! Not only that, but combined with that group survival internalization, there's an understanding that this is good and necessary for human survival. None are better, none are worse.

So upon reflection of the whole thing, I ask myself - what is the greater pattern here? Is it the mere movement of brain chemicals? It's there, but a moot point to others. Is it the desire for sex? Of course, but that manifests itself completely differently in others. Is it the need for bonding? Yes! That's something everyone recognizes. How do people bond? They have their parents and siblings given to them, but how does it work for everyone else?

Then I looked within and found the answer. The people I truly love and care about each have an indelible aspect of their character etched upon my psyche. It would be impossible to even consider my life without their presence, while it's easy to replace the ones I merely like with someone of similar temperament. Likewise, it's my most fervent hope that they regard me in the same way.

It's similar to the concept of karass that Vonnegut brought up in Cat's Cradle - a group of people who for whatever reason are working together toward a similar purpose. I can't escape these people; it's almost as if the nature of the universe won't let me, much as the wavelengths represented by the notes C, E and G cannot help but make a harmonious chord.

I know that's a bit of an insufficient explanation, but it's all I can really express at this moment. It will take a bit more thinking to refine.