User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    No, but I assumed clamsters was being a bit facetious in asking if it would be considered help.
    Bugger, i take everyones word literally. We will have to wait for his reply.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Bugger, i take everyones word literally. We will have to wait for his reply.
    Maybe he did mean it literally. I have a bad habit of not taking things literally enough sometimes. I've been trying to work on that.

MBTI
    INFP

Well, technically, I did mean it literally. But I agree, ISFJs need more substantial help-needing requirements than their "company." I guess I'll have to do something stupid like ask her to help me cook or like buy things for my niece's birthday.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by clamsters View Post
    Well, technically, I did mean it literally. But I agree, ISFJs need more substantial help-needing requirements than their "company." I guess I'll have to do something stupid like ask her to help me cook or like buy things for my niece's birthday.
    That's fine.

MBTI
    INFP

sigh... ISFJs...

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

sigh... ISFJs...
    What?

edit: okay, I liked the company idea better than the helping idea but it seems that everyone except me thought the helping idea was the best so I'm thinking maybe I'm wrong, and it's just me. Not all ISFJs are alike.

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

I agree giggly, I would wish for someone to want my company -help or no help- just to be appreciated for even being there would be very nice. After all we are giving others the most precious commodity of all, our time.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Tell him you need help doing your taxes.

Never fails.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Taxes are boring.

Yeah, i got something right. Doing things together is not stupid, buying a gift though, excellent idea.

I'd rather you cook me something or do a group cooking session, than ask me to help you cook. But then again I'm a) A male ISFJ which can mean absolutely nothing. b) I'm useless at cooking.

I subscribe to the whole "Need to feel like I'm helping out" but it's better when I feel like I'm doing something important - cheering up somebody up, helping out with a major task. I might get a small kick out of helping someone out by cleaning, but that's all it will be. It's a very minor activity and I'd likely think: Meh, no worries it wasn't a big deal. I didn't actually do anything.

Now if you were super busy and couldn't get your present for your niece, but it was urgent to do so. That you had to resort to calling the ISFJ... that'd be a different matter. At least that's how I operate.

Then again... asking the ISFJs opinion on what present to get for your niece would work pretty well, but I'd imagine that would be useful in any relationship - It's basically showing the other person you value their input.